New ticket prices!

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope can't knock them for trying... sadly though I don't think it will make a difference. It's about value for money, really and 9 home wins in 19 months (or whatever it is) doesn't warrant even a £10 entry fee. Plus some people have used cost as an excuse for not going, they will now just find another one.

The dross served up stopped lots coming. They said it wasn't value for money, they will still say that at £5. Fans want to be entertained and a notion we might win.

Get the expectation levels up...right up, then cut the cost to get fans back in the swing of heading down to BP every other Saturday. It's the only way.

Good idea but the lack of goals/ entertainment on the pitch will not help increase gates imo.

I am a ST holder and have no objections to this if it works.Nothing worse that a sad quiet crowd at BP and the crap we have to watch each week apart from the odd good game like Scunthorpe.

Time the manager and players get things improved and no more excuses

The dross served up stopped lots coming. They said it wasn't value for money, they will still say that at £5. Fans want to be entertained and a notion we might win.

Get the expectation levels up...right up, then cut the cost to get fans back in the swing of heading down to BP every other Saturday. It's the only way.

Not much they can do about that til January though.

Good on them for trying in the meantime.

I still don't get this need to have a difference between the advance and match day prices - it might have a big effect if we were getting 20,000 but we get 4000....

Edited by HarryBosch

Guest nonaenever

Obviously a very nice gesture/initiative - unfortunately, way too late to attract anyone except maybe the odd 100 or so who will give it a try. The reason it's too late is that people have seen enough of the terrible brand of football being played. The manager needs to have a "sea change" in his tactical approach. Goals and wins attract people - not the often quoted (and exceedingly boring) "Northern Ireland" way, which is all Robinson seems to know.

Obviously a very nice gesture/initiative - unfortunately, way too late to attract anyone except maybe the odd 100 or so who will give it a try. The reason it's too late is that people have seen enough of the terrible brand of football being played. The manager needs to have a "sea change" in his tactical approach. Goals and wins attract people - not the often quoted (and exceedingly boring) "Northern Ireland" way, which is all Robinson seems to know.

It's only a few on here who ever quote that though isn't it?

Good effort on the club's part. I would have been quite optimistic about this until I saw how little effect the 2 for 1 offer had.

It does say that the initiative is a direct result of the survey. Seeing as the number 1 finding of the survey was the quality of the product on the pitch, may be someone will have a word with Robnison about that and tell him to try to score some goals.

Guest nonaenever

It's only a few on here who ever quote that though isn't it?

It is - but it's clearly his style/mantra - "work ethic" and all that bollocks - where does skill, creativity, ability, goal-scoring etc. come into his equation? Rarely mentions words like that - only ever the "work ethic" - which, thus far, has produced absolutely nowt (Scunthorpe apart).

FAO: MARK MOISELEY

I emailed you with an idea on day 1 of you being at Latics. You replied saying you agreed and would look to getting it sorted.

3 main routes surrounding the Boundary Park area

Get this new £15 admission price plastered up on lampposts, sandwich boards, signposts...put the word out to thousands of passers by daily!

YOU'VE GOT NO EXCUSE!

I emailed you with an idea on day 1 of you being at Latics. You replied saying you agreed and would look to getting it sorted.

Get this new £15 admission price plastered up on lampposts, sandwich boards, signposts...put the word out to thousands of passers by daily!

YOU'VE GOT NO EXCUSE!

Those fans moaning about paying 24 quid have got no excuse now. 15 quid. If attendances are still wank then I give up

YOU'VE GOT NO EXCUSE!

Couldn't agree more. Great offer but it needs to be advertised really well. Not just on the OS, social media or the odd mention in the Chron where its likely only to be seen by those who already have that interest in Latics and already go. Find a couple of spaces round town for some physical reminders. Get some leaflets made up and distributed all over Oldham.

The club has listened and implemented a change in direct response to the survey. It cannot do much more at this stage of the season. The fans have a part to play and hopefully a few more will go to the games. I think it has to be a team effort to stop the decline and we cannot just rely on the board whatever we think of them and there is no rich benefactor coming to bail us out. I appreciate the product is poor at the moment but fair play, the club has listened and took a very brave step in my opinion. I hope it works because i would be very sad if the club folds. THe fact is if we want a club to support, the fans need to do thir bit, forget the politics, and support this initiative by turning up. If this fails, i fear for the future of OAFC. I agree with boundary blue, get this offer advertised across the town. I live in grimsby and the local paper advertises regular offers for the Mariners and their support reflects it.

Its good that they've listened but its just too late, again its further proof that we have a board so out of touch that they are reacting to a situation when its too late, don't they have it between them to realise charging £24 to watch absolute :censored:e gives people a good reason not to go, taking the support and the money these people spend for granted is coming back to bite them on the arse and I dread to think how poor season ticket sales will be next season whatever division we're in, everything they do leaves a bad taste and most fans have just had enough, I cant give away tickets for games so the notion they are going to attract a couple of hundred as a result of the new price structure is ludicrous, I'm afraid the horse has already bolted on this one.

YOU'VE GOT NO EXCUSE!

. Get they players out after training posting flyers with a discount voucher on, through all the house doors in the area.