New ticket prices!

To be fair, it has been promoted on the following - Twitter, Facebook, Oldham Chronicle, MEN - and that's just that I'm aware of. The club/Community Trust also do a HELL of a lot with local schools and teams. Really agree that we need signs across the town though.

And yet......

Not one single email to promote it....again (until they read OWTB)

I posted the same around this time on a Friday about the Scunthorpe/Bristol Rovers BOGOF offer not being emailed out. A few hours later they sent out an email promoting it. It's pretty :censored: when you have to remind the club about the simplest, basic things.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And yet......

Not one single email to promote it....again (until they read OWTB)

I posted the same around this time on a Friday about the Scunthorpe/Bristol Rovers BOGOF offer not being emailed out. A few hours later they sent out an email promoting it. It's pretty :censored: when you have to remind the club about the simplest, basic things.

Or, maybe all the promotional emails go out on a Friday afternoon? That seems to be the case over the last few weeks.

So not necessarily being prompted by you, these could be prearranged campaigns.

Or, maybe all the promotional emails go out on a Friday afternoon? That seems to be the case over the last few weeks.

So not necessarily being prompted by you, these could be prearranged campaigns.

It should go out when the offer is announced. It's not rocket science this.

It should go out when the offer is announced. It's not rocket science this.

What if the data from email campaigns show that people are more likely to engage with a marketing email (read, click, act etc) if it's sent on a Friday afternoon?

There could be an argument for sending a separate one. But it doesn't mean that because one hasn't already gone that it's been forgotten about and needs prompting.

Edited by nzlatic

What if the data from email campaigns show that people are more likely to engage with a marketing email (read, click, act etc) if it's sent on a Friday afternoon?

There could be an argument for sending a separate one. But it doesn't mean that because one hasn't already gone that it's been forgotten about and needs prompting.

:laught30::laught30::laught30:

I'm well aware of strategic marketing. This is Latics we are talking about!

I'm fairly certain that the only reason that email went out the other Friday was because they read on here. They announced the BOGOF on the Tuesday...7 days before the Scunny game. You think it was strategic to lose 3 days of the 7 just so they could send it on a Friday afternoon for maximum impact? I highly doubt it. Alas, we will never know.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Put a decent product out and the customer comes to find you, scratching around for a fan here and there in out current predicament is probably counter productive, If they'd of got their first taste in three of the last four home games they'd of never been seen again, these offers need to be put out there pre season or during a time of real optimism to have any effect.

:laught30::laught30::laught30:

I'm well aware of strategic marketing. This is Latics we are talking about!

I'm fairly certain that the only reason that email went out the other Friday was because they read on here. They announced the BOGOF on the Tuesday...7 days before the Scunny game. You think it was strategic to lose 3 days of the 7 just so they could send it on a Friday afternoon for maximum impact? I highly doubt it. Alas, we will never know.

Who knows what the plan was? Or the impact. Would more people have gone if they'd sent an email on the Tuesday rather than their usual Friday afternoon slot?

Anyway, I'm going to stop defending the marketing department now. Given my thoughts in general on our marketing it doesn't feel right!

A maildrop to the whole of Oldham must be worth a try once or twice a season.

Every household in Oldham gets a voucher that can be redeemed online or at the ticket office for one adult, one child at a tenner...

Restrict the numbers per game to, eg 2,000..

Keep the details of anybody taking up the offer, market them again.

I got similar from a charity yesterday. Read it in my own time, had a look at the website, donated... It can work...

Put a decent product out and the customer comes to find you, scratching around for a fan here and there in out current predicament is probably counter productive, If they'd of got their first taste in three of the last four home games they'd of never been seen again, these offers need to be put out there pre season or during a time of real optimism to have any effect.

But, in lieu of a decent side, would it not be a complete neglect of their responsibilities to the club (their employer) to not be scratching around for every possible fan?

It has been well noted over the last 4yrs by most football fans in the area home wins and goals have been scarce at BP. There is no other meaningful reason why home support has slumped.

It pains me to say but no amount of advertising will turn this loss leader into a profit without improved performance, goals and results. Tomorrows all pay game is actually just as important for the club in those 3 areas combined as simply moving into the next round. Failure in all 3 areas will kill the discount initiative stone dead for the game against Wimbledon.

The club invited our opinion and this is an instant response to our thoughts on pricing. But it doesn’t have a snowballs chance in hell if we continue to lose poorly and without goals.

Like many others I’m disappointed they are continuing with a surcharge on match day admission, I simply can’t understand it. The only thing I can think of is that the club have the numbers for how many have been paying £24 on the day and the number is substantial. Even then I have to guess attendances would be higher without it.

If someone goes to a game, not having been before on a cheap ticket. They will say, at the moment, that it was so boring I'm not going their again. Issue the cheap tickets when we are playing exciting attaking football, and they will probably go back, and may even get hooked.

Like many others I’m disappointed they are continuing with a surcharge on match day admission, I simply can’t understand it. The only thing I can think of is that the club have the numbers for how many have been paying £24 on the day and the number is substantial. Even then I have to guess attendances would be higher without it.

I think they believe it encourages more people to come. If you buy in advance you're pretty comitted to coming and the clubs gets your money whether you turn up or not.

With the quality of football on show at the moment, it only takes a bit of bad weather or an invite to some other event for fans who were going to pay on the day to think 'forget, I won't bother going today'.

I know there have been 2 or 3 games this season that I woiudn't have bothered going to if I didn't have a season ticket.

If someone goes to a game, not having been before on a cheap ticket. They will say, at the moment, that it was so boring I'm not going their again. Issue the cheap tickets when we are playing exciting attaking football, and they will probably go back, and may even get hooked.

We can't just wait until we produce a team that plays good football until we try to promote the club. Yes it will be more effective if we are selling a winning team challenging for promotion but we should be fighting to get as many fans as possible all the time.

It might be more of a case of not losing fans than winning them. If it's £24 on the door and you are a pay on the day fan you aren't really incentivised to go and watch this at the moment. At £15 you maybe prepared to do so in the hope that we can turn round this bad form.

Edited by GlossopLatic

I think they believe it encourages more people to come. If you buy in advance you're pretty comitted to coming and the clubs gets your money whether you turn up or not.

With the quality of football on show at the moment, it only takes a bit of bad weather or an invite to some other event for fans who were going to pay on the day to think 'forget, I won't bother going today'.

I know there have been 2 or 3 games this season that I woiudn't have bothered going to if I didn't have a season ticket.

I think we are pretty much down to the committed. And I can't see many of those spending £20 on Wednesday and not turning up on Saturday because it's raining. The present price structure is unfriendly for a family club.

If the club have evidence a high number of advance tickets are not being used yet call it good business I would be disappointed.

It isn't as if it was a cinema or theatre and you have a choice of a cheap day or time slot to see the same thing. Embrace every potential casual customer equally is what I say.

Another season ticket holder here who's not arsed one bit about this offer and think it's worth a try. I buy my ST because I want to support the club, not because I want to et one up on anyone and expect any sort of favour from the club. First shot at tickets for any big cup away day will suffice☺️

Hand on heart though, I can't see the result being anywhere near as good as we all hope.

Who knows what the plan was? Or the impact. Would more people have gone if they'd sent an email on the Tuesday rather than their usual Friday afternoon slot?

Anyway, I'm going to stop defending the marketing department now. Given my thoughts in general on our marketing it doesn't feel right!

Oh dear...so the Friday afternoon Oldham Athletic weekly Newsletter has just hit my inbox.

Not a single word about the change in matchday prices in it :petesake:

This is what Huddersfield have been doing, offering discounted tickets while they're flying.

Try and post one positive thing about the club

Just because you don't agree that it is a shambolic way to promote an offer to get people in don't be a cock about it when others point it out!

There aren't many positives about the club at the moment. Unless you've got your head up your arse and can find some up there!

Fingers crossed Robbo can change that tomorrow!

Edited by boundaryblue80

Just because you don't agree that it is a shambolic way to promote an offer to get people in don't be a cock about it when others point it out!

There aren't many positives about the club at the moment. Unless you've got your head up your arse and can find some up there!

Fingers crossed Robbo can change that tomorrow!

Didn't think you'd be able to. Never mind. Maybe one day

FAO: MARK MOISELEY

I emailed you with an idea on day 1 of you being at Latics. You replied saying you agreed and would look to getting it sorted.

3 main routes surrounding the Boundary Park area

Get this new £15 admission price plastered up on lampposts, sandwich boards, signposts...put the word out to thousands of passers by daily!

YOU'VE GOT NO EXCUSE!

A positive suggestion, and a positive response. Fans engaging with the club and trying to help.

Some people only see the negatives in other fans though.