OAFC - Oldham Athletic Fans' Charter

Guest nonaenever

OAFC - Oldham Athletic Fans' Charter  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Would you support a fresh and independent initiative (OAFC - Oldham Athletic Fans' Charter) to try and bring about positive change at the club?

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just tried finding out what happens in this circumstance Mansfield had the same issue and it put Notts county under a transfer embargo! http://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/mansfield-town/embargo-after-stags-complain-over-magpies-unpaid-derby-ticket-money-1-7907864

If the rumours are true then we are under a transfer embargo!!

Makes sense Gerrard not signing or anyone else free agent for that matter or if we owe anyone else Bolton will have been a big payday!

Edited by adamoafc

Why has it taken what is simply a rumour for you to realise it?

Realise what? You will find plenty of posts from myself stating Corney needs to go.

Just because I endeavour not to make my every post about doesn't mean I don't see what's happening.

And I admit I have defended Corney in the past but only when on I see it as abuse for abuse sake. Which we both know doesn't happen on this messageboard ;)

Realise what? You will find plenty of posts from myself stating Corney needs to go.

Just because I endeavour not to make my every post about doesn't mean I don't see what's happening.

And I admit I have defended Corney in the past but only when on I see it as abuse for abuse sake. Which we both know doesn't happen on this messageboard ;)

To be pedantic about it;

You have said in the past that Corney needs to go.

Following simply a rumour (which I previously asked the Trust to check), you now say Corney has to go NOW.

NOW is the difference. I have been saying that he has to go NOW since the close season. Yes; In virtually every post.

Edited by ChaddySmoker

As a directors of the trust we walk a fine tightrope between working with the club and managing fans/our expectations. We are also bound about what we are here to protect and what we can say that may/may not damage that.

With all due respect, this is the reason why the fans are so disillusioned by the Trust. Fans are told they have a voice; a representative on the board to voice their opinions, suggestions and concerns. But, unfortunately, the Trust are bound by the proverbial tightrope in order to 'protect', what the Trust feels is, the best interests of the club.

Is it not, therefore, time for a genuine supporter's association? A group that puts the interests of the fans at the forefront, instead of trying to find an impossible balance of pleasing the club and its increasingly disgruntled and diminishing fan base?

I respect the work of the Trust - I genuinely do. But, as fans of Oldham Athletic, we all have differing views on how the club should, or shouldn't, be run, and it would, therefore, be refreshing to have a genuine supporter's voice, separate to the Trust.

Edited by pinevillawill

Another reason to get rid of corney - http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/members/rochdale/forum/182619/oldham-doing-a-bury/#30the guy is killing us! Strange thing to come out with if not true. Time for a real stand against corney I think.

A bit of premature evacuation here Adam. Firstly you've also posted this on a separate thread, just a bit too excited. Even Dale fans are more sceptical it's true than you.

Of course, it may be true. But you've decided what must happen. Why not when the players weren't paid?

But precisely this sort of knee jerk reaction without a plan is what I won't support. It didn't work in Iraq, it didn't work after Brexit, it's not working after Trump. It definitely won't workfor OAFC, we'd be in Stockports situation in no time. Time for cool heads.

With all due respect, this is the reason why the fans are so disillusioned by the Trust. Fans are told they have a voice; a representative on the board to voice their opinions, suggestions and concerns. But, unfortunately, the Trust are bound by the proverbial tightrope in order to 'protect', what the Trust feels is, the best interests of the club.

Is it not, therefore, time for a genuine supporter's association? A group that puts the interests of the fans at the forefront, instead of trying to find an impossible balance of pleasing the club and its increasingly disgruntled and diminishing fan base?

I respect the work of the Trust - I genuinely do. But, as fans of Oldham Athletic, we all have differing views on how the club should, or shouldn't, be run, and it would, therefore, be refreshing to have a genuine supporter's voice, separate to the Trust.

Yes I can totally understand you point of view. So if I use the example above about us having not paid Rochdale yet (NOT confirmed by Trust or Club yet that we have/have not but just roll with it), and we announce it, what so you think the consequences are?

To us fans....ye gods we are not paying out bills?

To potential investors? Crap they are not playing their bills

To employees/players...oh god are we not going to get paid at the end of the month?

Other debtors....oh that's brilliant Latics aren't paying someone are they going to pay us?

Dare I go on? We have to be responsible for the stuff we post out there, even on here. I remember me commenting on us signing Ched Evans, next thing I know it's quoted in a local rag. Christ did I have a wake up call that what I, but we are posting on can have ramifications to those close to it and although I am not directly affect, there are others who could seriously panic over it.

Like I said, things have a habit of coming out rightly or wrongly. We are listening, we are on here not only has fans but as trust members to, but so are owners, employees maybe even players.

Can you please tell me you understand this? Thank you

Edited by underdog

As members of the trust why don't we receive updates via email. Just an update with anything from the trust that month or work done with the club? I'm a member of the trust but wouldn't know it as I've never received anything!

Hello Adam, we are working on communication and at the moment it's the website that is our focus, so everyone can see in one hit. Yes in an ideal world and acknowledgement minimum that you have joined and maybe Your representative blog being emailed to you too.

It's something we are working on and are aware of. Thanks

So the Trust see themselves as having to protect the integrity of the club before holding Corney to account? I can assure you that potential investors, players, staff and debtors are well aware of how we operate the fact the Trust feel the need to protect Corney and get defensive in the process is all a bit worrying to me, it almost gives him a free reign to mismanage with no real consequence.

So the Trust see themselves as having to protect the integrity of the club before holding Corney to account? I can assure you that potential investors, players, staff and debtors are well aware of how we operate the fact the Trust feel the need to protect Corney and get defensive in the process is all a bit worrying to me, it almost gives him a free reign to mismanage with no real consequence.

TBH Yarddog, I didn't/we didn't say we were protecting Corney

I said that sometimes the challenge needs to be kept internal rather than washing laundry in public. That's the responsible way to do things. The Trust are all Oldham fans first and foremost, therefore our responsibility is first and foremost to protecting the club, be that the reputation of the club or even from the owner where we deem this necessary.

But like I also have said, things have a habit of coming out in the wash too, rightly, wrongly, innocently or not.....but they do

I must apologies to the OP too as I seemed to have hijacked and moved off track the purpose of this thread, so I will only comment on this thread with regards to the charter.

Please feel free folks to post other threads or even, use the pinned trustoldham header at the top of OWTB if you have any questions

Thanks everyone

Edited by underdog

Hello Adam, we are working on communication and at the moment it's the website that is our focus, so everyone can see in one hit. Yes in an ideal world and acknowledgement minimum that you have joined and maybe Your representative blog being emailed to you too.

It's something we are working on and are aware of. Thanks

I think my oreferred option is email too, just to support you looking at that.

I know you think you've hijacked the thread, and on one level you have, but the two are very interlinked, and thanks again for keeping us informed.

Like I said, things have a habit of coming out rightly or wrongly. We are listening, we are on here not only has fans but as trust members to, but so are owners, employees maybe even players.

Can you please tell me you understand this? Thank you

So, let me get this right. You are against transparency for fear it will damage the reputation of the club, despite knowing 'things have a habit of coming out'? Bearing in mind, when information does leak, there will almost certainly be elements which have been twisted/edited/misunderstood?

I would be far more respectful of the Trust, and the club, if it was open and honest with its fans on important issues instead of saying nothing at all in hope the rumours will, simply, go away.

Saying nothing can be more damaging than saying something.

It seems to me the Trust are against transparency for fear it will damage its own relationship with the club and, by doing that, the fans are very much an afterthought, hence my suggestion of a genuine supporter's association completely separate to the Trust.

So, in answer to your question. Yes - I completely understand the points you are making. As I said in my original post, you have a near impossible task of keeping everyone happy. But, as a fellow fan, do you understand that no transparency leaves fans feeling disillusioned?

Edited by pinevillawill

Guest nonaenever

I must apologies to the OP too as I seemed to have hijacked and moved off track the purpose of this thread, so I will only comment on this thread with regards to the charter.

No need for any apology at all underdog. At least we have stimulated healthy debate!

With regard to communication, a very learned professor of economics once told me, "in the absence of honest, clear communication, the void will be filled with rumour and vitriol"

Monthly newsletters (by email to save on cost) can often be a good idea - they keep things "fresh" and help maintain profile. Often, with websites, people look once or twice and never again - hence the subject matter can easily be forgotten about.

Hi underdog,

Small issue and apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but can I ask, has the scoreboard been bought? If so what's happening and if not, why not? Either enough money was raised or wasn't? It's been a while now.

Also what's is happening with the actual official renaming of the Jimmy Frizzell stand. Anything? What are the club waiting for.

Are the club being pro active on either of these or is it a case of the club/Cirney aren't willing to help with either because of cost?

Thanks in advance.

There is a risk that board meetings might have the Trust's man at the table but suddenly include a lot less information.

This would be a breach of company law AFAIK. Each director is liable for the actions of the company unless they can defer to another directors to specific responsibility eg finance director for accounting issues.

The seat on the board entitles the director to full access. The director should not accept any limitations on this.

This would be a breach of company law AFAIK. Each director is liable for the actions of the company unless they can defer to another directors to specific responsibility eg finance director for accounting issues.

The seat on the board entitles the director to full access. The director should not accept any limitations on this.

Correct in theory ...

Correct in theory ...

And if the trust are not applying the theory then the line about them having knowledge via the shares and the seat are pointless and has no relevance.

In effect, the trust directors post is a sham. If you are alleging that he's not performing his Lawful duty, I think you should say so.

Personally I hope he is

And if the trust are not applying the theory then the line about them having knowledge via the shares and the seat are pointless and has no relevance.

In effect, the trust directors post is a sham. If you are alleging that he's not performing his Lawful duty, I think you should say so.

Personally I hope he is

I never implied or alleged anything.