OAFC - Oldham Athletic Fans' Charter

Guest nonaenever

OAFC - Oldham Athletic Fans' Charter  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Would you support a fresh and independent initiative (OAFC - Oldham Athletic Fans' Charter) to try and bring about positive change at the club?

You don't see the hardliners anymore. Gone are the days when fans sat in the centre circle or protested at the end of the game outside the main entrance. It shows a lack of fight and passion simple because people are bored or lost the fight. We have accepted what we have become.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't see the hardliners anymore. Gone are the days when fans sat in the centre circle or protested at the end of the game outside the main entrance. It shows a lack of fight and passion simple because people are bored or lost the fight. We have accepted what we have become.

Think a lot of people still care about the club, we just haven't got enough prepared to stick it out in the tough times and those who are aren't militant enough to get properly organised to do anything.

nonaenever

Your post on the 26th November advises that you left a voice message for the Chairman but had not received a reply

Has the Chairman made contact with you since to progress the 'questions to the Chairman' session ?

Guest nonaenever

nonaenever

Your post on the 26th November advises that you left a voice message for the Chairman but had not received a reply

Has the Chairman made contact with you since to progress the 'questions to the Chairman' session ?

Hi - yes the Chairman and Mark Moisley had circa an hour's telephone chat with me - I updated re. that on the other thread "Summary of Questions Received - Ask the Chairman".

Going forward, best to wrap the 2 things up on this thread only. I`m currently enquiring about a suitable venue (probably in the New Year) to accommodate fans who wish to attend where a) we can see if anyone else other than myself (and DP Wild) wants to interview the Chairman on camera and B) put some "meat on the bones" to this independent fans' initiative. As suggested, I have also whittled circa 100 questions which were emailed to me (to ask the Chairman) down to about 20, covering the key points the fans want to ask.

I had considered moth-balling this having met the Trust but things seem to be going from bad to worse - and the Trust thought there WAS a place for an independent supporters' group. Until we can all get together at the inaugural meeting and form a strategy, we simply have to keep the faith for now. I will update once venue/time/date sorted for the first meeting. I also intend approaching Radio Manchester and the Chron. to publicise this initiative to give enough fans as possible the chance to get along to the first meeting and show we care.

Hi - yes the Chairman and Mark Moisley had circa an hour's telephone chat with me - I updated re. that on the other thread "Summary of Questions Received - Ask the Chairman".

Going forward, best to wrap the 2 things up on this thread only. I`m currently enquiring about a suitable venue (probably in the New Year) to accommodate fans who wish to attend where a) we can see if anyone else other than myself (and DP Wild) wants to interview the Chairman on camera and B) put some "meat on the bones" to this independent fans' initiative. As suggested, I have also whittled circa 100 questions which were emailed to me (to ask the Chairman) down to about 20, covering the key points the fans want to ask.

I had considered moth-balling this having met the Trust but things seem to be going from bad to worse - and the Trust thought there WAS a place for an independent supporters' group. Until we can all get together at the inaugural meeting and form a strategy, we simply have to keep the faith for now. I will update once venue/time/date sorted for the first meeting. I also intend approaching Radio Manchester and the Chron. to publicise this initiative to give enough fans as possible the chance to get along to the first meeting and show we care.

Will you be putting these questions on the day without the boards knowledge of them, or do they want advice notice in case any embarrassing ones crop up?

Guest nonaenever

Will you be putting these questions on the day without the boards knowledge of them, or do they want advice notice in case any embarrassing ones crop up?

Hi BP - that can be discussed at the first fans' meeting. My own opinion is that Simon Corney should see them in advance, I don't think there's anything to hide. I will, however, take into account everyone's views; as I`ve said several times - this definitely ain't about me, it's just that I am willing to act as a focal point for now.

Hi BP - that can be discussed at the first fans' meeting. My own opinion is that Simon Corney should see them in advance, I don't think there's anything to hide. I will, however, take into account everyone's views; as I`ve said several times - this definitely ain't about me, it's just that I am willing to act as a focal point for now.

I'd ask one question to his face

"Have you persomally expressed to the management team yours and the fans concerns about this seasons insipid football, lack of goals and entertainment"?

Good question BP, it's costing the club more money than any other stupid decision he's made in the past several years and that's saying something.

After a rough estimate I reckon lost fans would amount to about £250,000 over a season and with the present state of turgid football on offer it will only increase.

Edited by BP1960

Good question BP, it's costing the club more money than any other stupid decision he's made in the past several years and that's saying something.

And the 'Robonson works hard' answer wont cut it! he should bloody work hard but we still lose a lot and are boring!

One point I think needs bringing to the main board, and I think this is as good a place as any, is that of the Trust's Rep being given the wrong time for a club Board meeting, such that when he arrived, it had already started and the club's finances had already been discussed. And, unfortunately, there's wasn't time for a recap of what he'd missed.

All very accidental, of course.

One point I think needs bringing to the main board, and I think this is as good a place as any, is that of the Trust's Rep being given the wrong time for a club Board meeting, such that when he arrived, it had already started and the club's finances had already been discussed. And, unfortunately, there's wasn't time for a recap of what he'd missed.

All very accidental, of course.

Did the person who gave the wrong time turn up at the right time, that is the question?

Time for the Trust to adopt a different approach in my view, they'd have widespread support and the latest treatment is indicative of how the board disrespects the fans.

I bet the meetings aren't minuted either, and even if they are I guess anything financial will be glossed over.

Guest nonaenever

Ok - I`ve made enquiries and provisionally have an Oldham town centre venue lined up for Monday 2nd January (i.e. the date of Port Vale at home) from 12 noon until 2pm. Bar will be available too for a few pre-match drinks.

I`m willing to stand the cost of hire but, before I go ahead and book, just wanted an idea as to whether this suits everyone?

I`ll knock out a PowerPoint presentation to give it some structure and we can then, hopefully, proceed with finalising "Questions for the Chairman" and launching an independent supporters' group to truly represent the fans.

Ok - I`ve made enquiries and provisionally have an Oldham town centre venue lined up for Monday 2nd January (i.e. the date of Port Vale at home) from 12 noon until 2pm. Bar will be available too for a few pre-match drinks.

I`m willing to stand the cost of hire but, before I go ahead and book, just wanted an idea as to whether this suits everyone?

I`ll knock out a PowerPoint presentation to give it some structure and we can then, hopefully, proceed with finalising "Questions for the Chairman" and launching an independent supporters' group to truly represent the fans.

Im fine to go aslong as it doesnt turn into a corneys great parade