Ripley

Kicking let Pogs down otherwise one of the best, certainly on crosses.

Kicking lets ripley down badly... He sure makes up for it though. I think he needs to be a bit more vocal and potentially a bit more aggressive claiming corners but hes got international potential for certain.

Anyone know his height? Doesn't strike me as a tall keeper but it doesn't seem to affect him.

Edited by Fruitygoo

Kicking lets ripley down badly... He sure makes up for it though. I think he needs to be a bit more vocal and potentially a bit more aggressive claiming corners but hes got international potential for certain.

Anyone know his height? Doesn't strike me as a tall keeper but it doesn't seem to affect him.

About 6'3" isn't he?

Kicking let Pogs down otherwise one of the best, certainly on crosses.

Id say it was crosses that let Pogliacomi down he was generally a pretty poor judge of them if he sorted that out he would have played at a higher level.

His shot stopping was immense though particularly that one against City where Shaun Wright Philips pinged one to the top corner only for Pogs to tip it brilliantly wide.

I think we will be putting Ripley in the same brackets as Pogs, Kelly, and Grant come the end of the season though.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Id say it was crosses that let Pogliacomi down he was generally a pretty poor judge of them if he sorted that out he would have played at a higher level.

His shot stopping was immense though particularly that one against City where Shaun Wright Philips pinged one to the top corner only for Pogs to tip it brilliantly wide.

I think we will be putting Ripley in the same brackets as Pogs, Kelly, and Grant come the end of the season though.

Pogs away at Stockport is still the best goalkeeping I've seen at any level.

Might have been. Several absolute screamers saved with reflex fingertips at full stretch

Think it is the one circa 2004 vague memories of that game but he did pull off a few blinders. He had that in his locker to pull off match winning performances with his shot stopping, if his decision making on crosses and high balls into the penalty area in general was as good he would have played at a higher level.

Edited by GlossopLatic

05-06?

something like that - if memory serves me right we fell apart at back end of season...

Bit of research

http://www.rotherhamunited-mad.co.uk/snapshot_tables/2005_2006/25/mar/rotherham_united/index.shtml

This is where were were with 7 games to go - we picked up just 3 points in 7 games which included 2 of the bottom 4 and finished 6 points outside the playoffs..shocking end