Southend game

I said this yesterday to a mate. Also about the manager. We sit bottom of the league in December and we can't score for :censored: yet people still defend him.

Whilst I agree that the manager takes some of the blame, I can see why many are defending him too.

The :censored: summer, quick buys, no budget, transfer embargo - mixed with a young, inexperienced manager has proven to be a toxic mix. However, simply changing the manager isn't going to improve that much, we'd limp to a finish, narrowly avoiding relegation at best.

Investment is needed, has been for years, but who'd want to invest in this :censored:show? certainly not me.

Edited by Latics_Fanatic

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst I agree that the manager takes some of the blame, I can see why many are defending him too.

The :censored: summer, quick buys, no budget, transfer embargo

And yet we paid approx £100,000 on two players and he still would've brought in Green, Flynn, McKay, Erwin, Law and Banks with a bit more time or budget. Who are either all pretty :censored: or he hasn't a clue how to get anything close to the best out of them. Either way, that's on Robbo. Edited by boundaryblue80

I agree totally about the breakfast and lunches, what sort of outfit are we? What next make your own way to away games as punishment. They are grown men and paid professionals not four year old kids who need disciplining and the fact Robinson has backed the chairman on this one reflects very badly on him, they need all the help they can get not feeding them seems :censored:ing stupid at best.

I agree totally about the breakfast and lunches, what sort of outfit are we? What next make your own way to away games as punishment. They are grown men and paid professionals not four year old kids who need disciplining and the fact Robinson has backed the chairman on this one reflects very badly on him, they need all the help they can get not feeding them seems :censored:ing stupid at best.

Give it a rest will you. You've been moaning they're all :censored:e. Yes they are grown men so they don't need their :censored:ing packed lunch made for them. I'd say it was down to showing them to not forget how privileged they are being footballers. Maybe they're just reminding them of that fact

Is it any coincidence some players have been ill? if left to bring in any prepare their own food it can lead to contamination. I remember this happening at my works when all and sundry used the kitchen.

Give it a rest will you. You've been moaning they're all :censored:e. Yes they are grown men so they don't need their :censored:ing packed lunch made for them. I'd say it was down to showing them to not forget how privileged they are being footballers. Maybe they're just reminding them of that fact

There are better ways of reminding them than that. If you think that's a good way of doing it then you really will agree with pretty much any :censored: the club dreams up.

I agree totally about the breakfast and lunches, what sort of outfit are we? What next make your own way to away games as punishment....

After stopping all food for the players...here's a sneak preview of what else Corney has planned for the players:

* Charging the players for parking at the club

* Players will be made to take their kits home and wash them

* Charging the players entry on Matchday

* A new Train Station style pay-turnstile will be put on all toilets at the club

* A new Performing Rights license will be charged to any player listening music on personal items inside the ground

* Players will be made to pay onto the fans coach for away games

* Any player kicking the ball out of the ground at any time, including during play will be required to go fag the ball as quick as possible

Edited by boundaryblue80

I don't really think anything that has been decided since Judas Johnson left has the best interests of keeping this club as a league one club.North Stand and Brass Bank gate. Cut in budget, hesitant plans to bring in a manager with experience in an attempted a cut price deal to appease the fans, as we know, this didn't come off but made Corney look like he had tried but failed through no fault of his own putting the blame on Steve Evans. Before that, slowness to bring in Shez when he was getable before the Kelly/Dunn debacle. Recruiting the 'next available' choice manager with no experience but looked good on paper. Robbo was always going to struggle with what was left (four players contracted only). 'We take any player.com' transfer policy brought about by panic due to time scale caused by slow process of replacing Sheridan. Constant rumblings from within that we'd be more financially viable running in league 2. You're not telling me that the powers that be realise they can't sell the club but now can't afford to run it at this level either. In thier heads I reckon they would welcome relegation to make the club more manageable financially to run. I feel we are being deliberately pushed towards relegation. Of course I may be wrong and we recruit in January but again slowness of decision could mean too little too late . I try do hard to be positive about Latics but it's hard to when you're being slapped in the face by the very thing you're paying to help out.

Edited by Chris Richard

Fane has loads more potential

HA!

The lad who can hardly kick a ball straight? Banks has 1000x more talent than Fane but not the physical attributes.

Quality always rises. Banks needs proper coaching how to play his role and with a bit more intensity he'll turn into a decent player at this level.

Oh, and Higdon was pretty good for us, all things considered.

Edited by NewBlue

After stopping all food for the players...here's a sneak preview of what else Corney has planned for the players:

* Charging the players for parking at the club

I saw one of our players getting out of their car this morning in full training gear, parked on the dirt track in between the new hospital car park and B&Q. Edited by Gaz_Oafc

Shows that you'll slate anything. Even a grown man being asked to survive by making his own food.

You can "justify" your ludicrous stance like that if you wish...only serves in making you look increasingly desperate against the wealth of unprofessional decisions we make which piss off the fans, sponsors, players, credtiors and sometimes half the nation (Ched.)

Edited by boundaryblue80

What better ways? Go on...

Extra training. Extra community initiatives. Different approach to training...like taking them to a factory and make them do a days graft. I'm pretty certain you'll pick holes in such ideas...but hey, I'm not paid to come up with them. People at the club are. I'd rather see carrot and stick approach than just the stick. But they've just had their carrots taken away :rolleyes:

Edited by boundaryblue80

Extra training. Extra community initiatives. Different approach to training...like taking them to a factory and make them do a days graft. I'm pretty certain you'll pick holes in such ideas...but hey, I'm not paid to come up with them. People at the club are. I'd rather see carrot and stick approach than just the stick. But they've just had their carrots taken away :rolleyes:

Making their own butties is just too far and will destroy the little flowers but a day grafting in a factory or extra running is ok in your book?

I actually think your ideas are fine. Just don't see the big deal in them having to be a bit more humble and making their own toast in a morning

I saw one of our players getting out of their car this morning in full training gear, parked on the dirt track in between the new hospital car park and B&Q.

Players must be being charged for parking at the ground now I guess.

Was he carrying a supply of butties and pies?

Edited by BP1960