Southend game

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We certainly should. Just need to push more men forward and it's the perfect formation.

I agree that it's the best formation to use for the moment. 4-4-2 leaves us too exposed in central midfield with the players we currently have in there and 2 up front for most of the season hasn't made any of our strikers more prolific.

McLaughlin and Flynn are decent but I don't see either of them offering close support for Mckay from the flanks. For us to win with this team we need one of the 3 centre mids (Banks probably is the most likely candidate) to support Mckay regularly if we are to stand any chance of being an attacking threat.

Sadly even if we do maximise the effect of our tactics, I still don't think we have the quality in the midfield and attack to do anything.

If Robinson sticks with the players he trusts, does that mean we'll go 4-5-1 again?

While Fane is suspended the manager will probably have to turn to players he doesn't trust. What does he says to them "I don't trust you, but have to play you anyway" ?

And can anyone recommend a good book to take?[

"The turn of the screw" by Henry James I think is set near Southend or some of it is. Never read it mind but the title quite apt as watching Latics at the moment is like being on the torture rack with each passing game akin to the screws being tightened a notch further. Agony.

If Robinson sticks with the players he trusts, does that mean we'll go 4-5-1 again?

Sounds like it...

“I’ve said to the boys either on the bench or in the stands that until I learn to trust them, I’m going with that team and I’ll be sticking with it.
“Until I get new players in that I know what they will give me then we will end up progressing up the league."

Well we did progress up the league - one place at a time will do.

Realisation that a home game, the one in eight after the 'frozen' pitch debacle, and I have a season card.

August was good and then came September, October wasn't so bad but then came November, December has seen our worst display for years. January could be suicidal with four home games if the transfer embargo remains in place. Always look on th..............................

Sounds like it...

“I’ve said to the boys either on the bench or in the stands that until I learn to trust them, I’m going with that team and I’ll be sticking with it.
“Until I get new players in that I know what they will give me then we will end up progressing up the league."

Which of course he cant stick with as Fane is suspended for the Southend game.

Edited by BP1960