Fleetwood Away

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way SR sets us up and wants them to play runs them into the ground...always chasing the 2nd ball. If they where told to keep the ball and rest in possession we wouldn't see as many knackered or showing signs of tiredness late in the match. It's more than just someone isn't fit it's the whole way we're playing chasing shadows most the match.

He wouldn't have run Bobby Johnstone into the ground, he hardly moved yet made defence splitting passes galore. Oh for someone like him with a football brain rather than these headless chickens.

Robbo can have no complaints if he's sacked but part of me is intrigued to see what might happen if he was given until Shrewsbury with Ladapo & Erwin replaced with better.

What I don't particularly understand is how he didn't recognise that we needed a midfield talisman, in the Mike Jones, Matty Palmer, Korey Smith mould. If I could be arsed to trawl back you'd see a number of fans before the season were asking who would really control our midfield on a regular basis, given at Green's age it'd be unrealistic to expect him to do that.

I can accept a few players have massively underperformed for him (or may never have been adequate, but I doubt it) - Ladapo, Erwin, McKay, Green etc. - but failing to sign a certain type of crucial player has limited our potential.

I'm not really arsed about his ability to sign players as such, it's much more his ability to put together a coherent side with urgency and attacking intent.

What I don't particularly understand is how he didn't recognise that we needed a midfield talisman, in the Mike Jones, Matty Palmer, Korey Smith mould. If I could be arsed to trawl back you'd see a number of fans before the season were asking who would really control our midfield on a regular basis, given at Green's age it'd be unrealistic to expect him to do that.

I can accept a few players have massively underperformed for him (or may never have been adequate, but I doubt it) - Ladapo, Erwin, McKay, Green etc. - but failing to sign a certain type of crucial player has limited our potential.

I'm not really arsed about his ability to sign players as such, it's much more his ability to put together a coherent side with urgency and attacking intent.

He made it clear from the off we were going to be hard working & organised rather than creative.

It's not worked though so now is the time to sign a midfielder who can put a foot on it and pick a pass.

Getting rid of Ladapo and Erwin for Holloway (or someone else) plus a creative midfielder is the way forward for me.

Seems a lot of these players have little stamina. Is it a case of their legs have gone or inadequate training in your opinion?

I remember the Lincoln manager saying his full time players were as fit as any in the Premiership, which is clearly not the case at this club.

A Lincoln fan and one of there stewards when we played them made a point about there fitness being the big difference.

We lose possession easily due to the slow laboured build up, a higher tempo pulls teams around and they are less likely to sit there with 9 or 10 behind the ball. Oh and pulling everyone back when we defend a corner despite fleetwood having three on the halfway line Is :censored:ing embarrassing and the reason why any break from us is impossible.

We lose possession easily due to the slow laboured build up, a higher tempo pulls teams around and they are less likely to sit there with 9 or 10 behind the ball. Oh and pulling everyone back when we defend a corner despite fleetwood having three on the halfway line Is :censored:ing embarrassing and the reason why any break from us is impossible.

Sadly that is the epitome of this manager and his team

No urgency, ambition or desire to be anything but average

How refreshing to watch Dover on TV put 4 goals past Maidstone tonight, none of the Latics stikers would have put those chances away, 3 clinical forwards all better than our lot.

Don't want this tippy tappy sideways football here said manager Chris Kinnear, music to my ears.

The football reminded me of Big Joe's days, direct and effective, goals will be conceded now and again,but they don't worry about that.

Edited by BP1960

How refreshing to watch Dover on TV put 4 goals past Maidstone tonight, none of the Latics stikers would have put those chances away, 3 clinical forwards all better than our lot.

Don't want this tippy tappy football here said manager Chris Kinnear, music to my ears.

Seriously stop comparing everything at latics to what happens in pub football.

Fitness appears to be a problem, but we must remember that most of this team didn't have a proper pre-season. Generally professionals say that you need a good pre-season to carry you through the season. Whilst there may be an element that you can catch up we have too many players without a pre-season in the locker.

With regards to Green his game is heavily based on running and getting about the pitch,I think father time has caught up with him which is why he was available for us to sign.

Not making excuses for such utter dross that is served up, but the buck stops at SCs door who allowed most of last year's squad to leave.

Totally agree with this. Especially green. He was decent at the start of the season but his legs are going...remembering him getting into a forward position and looking to cross a few home games ago but he was that heavy legged he kicked it out for a goal kick..He's done a few similar things last home game just hoofing a ball out of play rather than trying to control it. I think he can only play 90 mins once a week. He wants to cover every blade of grass but I don't think the legs have it anymore.

Is that the pub league that Lincoln City are in?

It's not a pub league as you well know, most clubs are full time with players on wages higher than ours.

Dover have scored 55 goals so far, how many do you honestly think we would score in that league, not 30 I'll bet.

One of their strikers Miller is heading to the Championship for a big fee, are any of ours?

Its the style of play encouraged by the manager I liked though above all, totally different to the insipid dross we see at BP.

Edited by BP1960

Went to watch FCUM v Alty today, now that's two poor team but Gary Jones (ex Dale) showed more in midfield than I've seen from our midfield for the majority of this season, he's knocking on 40 and was carrying an injury for the last half hour but he still had desire and vision that's been lacking in the centre of the park for us and is the sort of player we've been missing this season, he's turning out for a very poor Alty team but still stood out.

Went to watch FCUM v Alty today, now that's two poor team but Gary Jones (ex Dale) showed more in midfield than I've seen from our midfield for the majority of this season, he's knocking on 40 and was carrying an injury for the last half hour but he still had desire and vision that's been lacking in the centre of the park for us and is the sort of player we've been missing this season, he's turning out for a very poor Alty team but still stood out.

What was crowd, and how do you rate the stadium and its facilities?

Edited by BP1960

It's not a pub league as you well know, most clubs are full time with players on wages higher than ours.

Dover have scored 55 goals so far, how many do you honestly think we would score in that league, not 30 I'll bet.

One of their strikers Miller is heading to the Championship for a big fee, are any of ours?

Its the style of play encouraged by the manager I liked though above all, totally different to the insipid dross we see at BP.

1 of our strikers comes from the premier league and two from Championship clubs , one has even played a number of times for Northern Ireland

1 of our strikers comes from the premier league and two from Championship clubs , one has even played a number of times for Northern Ireland

Means nothing if they can't do the business, do you really want to keep them - be honest?

Ladapo, Erwin, McKay or Dover's 26 goal Ricky Miller, the choice is yours.

I bet you don't answer the question.

Edited by BP1960

Crowd was just over 3000, around 200 Alty fans.

£9 to get in, just managed to get a seat, £2 odd a pint in a glass, real ale, great selection of food on offer (corn beef hash, veg hot pot on a plate for £3.50) one seated stand with decent facilities open to all and a large terrace behind one goal, other two sides need terracing but all in all for £4 or £5 million a nice ground built from scratch.

Crowd was just over 3000, around 200 Alty fans.

£9 to get in, just managed to get a seat, £2 odd a pint in a glass, real ale, great selection of food on offer (corn beef hash, veg hot pot on a plate for £3.50) one seated stand with decent facilities open to all and a large terrace behind one goal, other two sides need terracing but all in all for £4 or £5 million a nice ground built from scratch.

Real ale, corn beef hash -superb, with a similar crowd to ours did the run out of pies at half time though?

Means nothing if they can't do the business, do you really want to keep them - be honest?

Ladapo, Erwin, McKay or Dover's 26 goal Ricky Miller, the choice is yours.

I bet you don't answer the question.

What about someone who has scored 23 in 49 games in the division below Dover - would you sign them?

Thats not the point, lapado scored goals at that level and moved to Premier league team and has turned out to be :censored:e.

You proclaiming every striker in the Dog and Duck league who scores a few goals is amazing is proven bollocks.

If you think the Conference is a Dog and Duck league your football knowledge is very limited, no doubt you thought the Lincoln win was a fluke against our superior players.

You know my opinion about the style of play and lack of goals at this club, but if you like and are happy with our elite Premiership and Championship strikers who am I to argue.

As for Ladapo, my money is on he will score goals for any club in the lower leagues but ours.

PS. Apologies, you did answer my question.

Edited by BP1960

What about someone who has scored 23 in 49 games in the division below Dover - would you sign them?

I would probably take a chance yes, it seems Premiership clubs do.

You cant win then all though, but I think If I signed 4 strikers I'd expect one to score a few goals.