Corney Out

An ex Premier League club with proud history going to the wall? No chance.

That's exactly why I think they would. A club people have heard of but most don't really care about. A cautionary tale. Besides, bail one out and you set a precedent that you'll bail everyone out, which they can't do and wouldn't want to.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's exactly why I think they would. A club people have heard of but most don't really care about. A cautionary tale. Besides, bail one out and you set a precedent that you'll bail everyone out, which they can't do and wouldn't want to.

Not saying they themselves would bail us out as such but they would find someone to take it on.

Blitz and Gazals interests are protected, all the surrounding land the OEC and any other tangible assets are ring fenced and would be protected even if we entered administration, until we know the finances of the OEC we don't even know if OAFC benefit at all from it but I'd hazard a guess TTA are happy for the team/club to be placed in administration whilst they make hay with the areas of the business that they are really interested in.

Blitz and Gazals interests are protected, all the surrounding land the OEC and any other tangible assets are ring fenced and would be protected even if we entered administration, until we know the finances of the OEC we don't even know if OAFC benefit at all from it but I'd hazard a guess TTA are happy for the team/club to be placed in administration whilst they make hay with the areas of the business that they are really interested in.

How would that work? And why didn't they do it years ago?

Blitz and Gazals interests are protected, all the surrounding land the OEC and any other tangible assets are ring fenced and would be protected even if we entered administration, until we know the finances of the OEC we don't even know if OAFC benefit at all from it

Spot on.

And why didn't they do it years ago?

Was there ever a time when future financial expectations for OAFC Ltd were as low as this?

They're owed as estimated £9m by the football club. I don't think that money is "protected". Their OEC business is, I'd suggest, pretty much dependent on the football club still existing in some form.

You know that there is more than one business involved then, only Oldham Athletic (2004) Association Football Club Limited need to be placed in administration, it would have little effect on their other businesses and it may even benefit them, isn't that how administration works?

You know that there is more than one business involved then, only Oldham Athletic (2004) Association Football Club Limited need to be placed in administration, it would have little effect on their other businesses and it may even benefit them, isn't that how administration works?

The assets of the football club get sold off to pay creditors.

What assets are worth what they're owed?

If they wanted rid of the football club wouldn't they be free to negotiate with new owners for use of the ground and OEC?

Yes. But negotiations are two sided.

If Corney is so skint why are they going full steam ahead with building the next block of houses behind the Chaddy?

That development has been on hold for a year. Is it anything to do with Corney? I thought it was down to his mates.

I have no knowledge of the overall set up of all the quoted companies but Oldham Athletic (2004) Association Football Club Limited is likely a member of a group of Companies where they utilise 'our' losses to off-set the Corporation Tax they would otherwise have to pay on the profit making companies within the overall Group.

I have no knowledge of the overall set up of all the quoted companies but Oldham Athletic (2004) Association Football Club Limited is likely a member of a group of Companies where they utilise 'our' losses to off-set the Corporation Tax they would otherwise have to pay on the profit making companies within the overall Group.

Not part of a Group.

Can't say I fully understand admin tbh so again just a theory here but could it not be the case that, someone has come along and said I want to buy It all from you but am not willing to spend x million on paying the clubs debt before buying anything. I'll give you say 10million but I want the land the stand the OEC and you to put the club in to admin and we can start again next year? That way most if not all the losses are recouped by the tta again I can't say for certain that would be true just a theory and they could leave which apprantly they are desperate to do so.

In my personal opinion getting everything the stadium the stand the land the OEC is the only way the club is remotely attractive to a buyer.

Could be well wide of the mark and more than likely I am lol

Edited by Aarondo Westy

Can't say I fully understand admin tbh so again just a theory here but could it not be the case that, someone has come along and said I want to buy It all from you but am not willing to spend x million on paying the clubs debt before buying anything. I'll give you say 10million but I want the land the stand the OEC and you to put the club in to admin and we can start again next year? That way most if not all the losses are recouped by the tta again I can't say for certain that would be true just a theory and they could leave which apprantly they are desperate to do so.

I can't see how that benefits TTA.

In my personal opinion getting everything the stadium the stand the land the OEC is the only way the club is remotely attractive to a buyer.

And this is why Blitz and Gazal lent the money to build it and, bizarrely in my view, add their gold stars to it. So that makes the OEC vital to the future success of the football club.

Going back to the administration point, it's difficult to see that happening as we are actively looking to recruit, if the embargo isn't lifted and nobody signs it may well become an option.

Sometime you don't have a choice it can become illegal to trade if you continually can't pay your bills as they fall....insolvent

Edited by OAFCinWolves

If he walks what happens? Just answer that

He needs to stand aside, we need to bring in a competent board and not just one who wants to constantly line their pockets with anything going.

How you can support a chairman who over the course of 10 years has continually asset stripped the club.

A chairman who has overseen attendances drop to crippling levels. Corney also has continued to syphon the club of money to build a new stand and said stand is owned under a different company!? Another example of Simon's incompetence was cashing out on the tarky clause just so he could have 50k quick in his pocket.

He's a failed business man and has single handedly destroyed this club.

How on earth can you suggest he's done an alright job? He's devious and unfair.