Corney Out

Embargo lifted next week according to Matt Chambers when the next instalment of FL cash arrives.

Hand to mouth which confirms to me what a financial state we are in, the clubs around us have already signed players so therefore are at an advantage & have a better chance of survival sigh !!!!!!

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hand to mouth which confirms to me what a financial state we are in, the clubs around us have already signed players so therefore are at an advantage & have a better chance of survival sigh !!!!!!

Only if theyve signed players we wanted like Ladapo and Burgess

Depends if those players are any good. Shrews signed Freddie, if the rest all make similar signings we're in luck!

We go round in circles on here but without doubt we are at an all time low.

We do know that the vast majority of the shares in the football club are held by Simon Corney but do we know for certain who the beneficial owners are?

We know the football club could be put into administration at any time if TTA request the repayment of their loans so the idea of a virtual liquidation does appeal to me with Corney having to persuade the other two that there is a point in waiting for jam tomorrow. I can't see actual administration until they want it. Administration now would probably put us out of the football league next year as I believe relegated teams suffer the 10 point deduction during the following season.

It is also reasonable to suggest that the obvious lack of money in the football club is a direct result of the way the club has been run and clearly Simon Corney is responsible for that. I feel sure the current dire circumstances are due to the overspend on the Great White Elephant which it is reasonable to assume has sucked money out of the football club rather than contributing to it.

I was possibly a little too subtle when I said Corney was a fan. I am a supporter of Oldham because I put money into the football club (season ticket, drinks, food etc) but I am a fan of Chelsea because I follow their results and games and hope they do well but they don't get any of my money.

We do know that the vast majority of the shares in the football club are held by Simon Corney but do we know for certain who the beneficial owners are?

We know the football club could be put into administration at any time if TTA request the repayment of their loans so the idea of a virtual liquidation does appeal to me with Corney having to persuade the other two that there is a point in waiting for jam tomorrow. I can't see actual administration until they want it. Administration now would probably put us out of the football league next year as I believe relegated teams suffer the 10 point deduction during the following season.

It is also reasonable to suggest that the obvious lack of money in the football club is a direct result of the way the club has been run and clearly Simon Corney is responsible for that. I feel sure the current dire circumstances are due to the overspend on the Great White Elephant which it is reasonable to assume has sucked money out of the football club rather than contributing to it.

I was possibly a little too subtle when I said Corney was a fan. I am a supporter of Oldham because I put money into the football club (season ticket, drinks, food etc) but I am a fan of Chelsea because I follow their results and games and hope they do well but they don't get any of my money.

Again I dont think admin will happen but just goin back the point about relegated teams being given the point deduction the season after. I don't think that is right. I think every season has a cut off point around mid/end of Feb any deduction after that goes on the following season I think this was introduced after a couple of clubs i think Leeds was one went into admin after having relegation confirmed. Edited by Aarondo Westy

We are at the lowest point for several decades, but I don't think an all time low. We've had to re-apply for election a few times, and I am sure times when we have had proportionately less money.

And when Moore pulled the plug, we were much closer then, I believe.

Not to diminish the situation though, it is dire.

I wish I had submitted asked the question clarifying the New Stand finances, where we due to be much more solvent around June/July ish 2017 IIRC, and whether this is still the case.

Edited by singe

We are at the lowest point for several decades, but I don't think an all time low. We've had to re-apply for election a few times, and I am sure times when we have had proportionately less money.

And when Moore pulled the plug, we were much closer then, I believe.

Not to diminish the situation though, it is dire.

I wish I had submitted asked the question clarifying the New Stand finances, where we due to be much more solvent around June/July ish 2017 IIRC, and whether this is still the case.

It's nearly fifty years since we were in the fourth tier but that's where we're headed. It's also nearly fifty years since we were last beaten by a non-league side, until last month, and since re-election. Over the past few years we've become a club that can't meaningfully compete at this level and it's all about striving for a 20th place finish in the league.

I think it's fair to say this is a pretty :censored:ing low point.

I used to support SC as he seemed genuine. However he has made so many promises which he may have thought at the time to be correct, but have turned out to be hot air. eg. The stand making money for the club 7 days a week. The Sports Direct deal and the stand would put our budget at the top end of the table. Money is in place to complete the stand. The stand will open for the 2015/16 season. The stand will be open for the 2016/17 season. The supporters bar will be open by Christmas. etc.

The transfer embargo is apparently being lifted next week because we receive some cash from the FL. SC new this, so why couldn't he give the club a very short term personal loan, or a loan from any of his other businesses on Jan 1st. to get in the players we need. He would have been repaid in 2 weeks, and the players would have got to know the manager and other players before playing a game.

I wonder if JR knows where the cash is going when he comes to the OEC.

Has the OEC paid to advertise this event on the OAFC website?

They will step up when needed, are you seriously suggesting they'd do a worse job than those we've been lumped with?

I think there's a very high chance of that being the case.

Before nonaenever's approach to the situation the only people willing to "step up when needed" in opposition to the board was the summer protest group. As admirable as it was for them to start it up, can you imagine if they were the fans in charge of the club?

Perspective is needed. I see no way that the club is going to move forwards under Corney and in balance I think him leaving would be the right thing for the club, but that doesn't mean he's the worst option out there for us.