Lee Johnson

It was either on here on twitter I've seen one of our fans post they backed Bristol city to get relegated at 50/1 when Holden was appointed there. Looks a great shout that now. Unless I've imagined this

You didn't imagine it, looking like the best couple of quid I've spent

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let be honest under Lee Johnson the place was positive and has only felt like that since Sheridan returned it's been dross under everyone else and at times comical.

He was pinched of us by Barnsley because he had us higher mid table and 5th in February. That seems a pipe dream now. I loved going to latics under Johnson since then it's been a bit meh.

Oh and he gave us the 12 days of Christmas song.

I think he will have a successful career the more so than any other manger in the last 20-30 years.

Edited by Aaron West

Ah the cult of Johnson

Our last 7 year finishes are. 17th 15th 15th 19th 16th 17th 16th

Our last 7 points totals are. 54 57. 56. 51. 54. 56. 52

Where exactly did he take us out of our level to which we have now returned?

The season he left. We had our best chance of play-off qualification since Shez got binned.

The season he left. We had our best chance of play-off qualification since Shez got binned.

When he left we had just 8 out of our last 13......hardly play off form. Did crowds go up under him? Did he play the son of the opposing manager to please his mentor in the game we never tried to cross the halfway line in? Did he scrap the reserve team? Did he propose the re location of fans from Chaddy End? Did he approve the move for Ched Evans? Did he distance himself when the proverbial struck? Did he appoint Dean Holden? Did he negotiate himself a contract extension and then walk out?

At best he is a Marmite figure. I can't stand Marmite

The run of one defeat in fifteen games wasn't a bad effort.

Our wins in six prior to Barnsley getting a vacancy.

I agree but that run of 15 games , that good September/October leading to win at Rochdale is the exception in his reign not the norm....he managed us for 90? games but for some reason people want to judge him on those 9 weeks and 15 games rather than the other 85 weeks and 75 games. He was and still is an outstanding demagogue and self publicist and in my view that talent masks a lack of substance. ....not everybody agrees I know but that is the nature of the beast.

I agree but that run of 15 games , that good September/October leading to win at Rochdale is the exception in his reign not the norm....he managed us for 90? games but for some reason people want to judge him on those 9 weeks and 15 games rather than the other 85 weeks and 75 games. He was and still is an outstanding demagogue and self publicist and in my view that talent masks a lack of substance. ....not everybody agrees I know but that is the nature of the beast.

34% win rate with us. 43% at Barnsley. 40% at Bristol City.

That 34% with us is, Shez return excepted, is like halcyon days. He's gone elsewhere and improved on it.

That's not to say anything you've posted about him is incorrect.

When he left we had just 8 out of our last 13......hardly play off form. Did crowds go up under him? Did he play the son of the opposing manager to please his mentor in the game we never tried to cross the halfway line in? Did he scrap the reserve team? Did he propose the re location of fans from Chaddy End? Did he approve the move for Ched Evans? Did he distance himself when the proverbial struck? Did he appoint Dean Holden? Did he negotiate himself a contract extension and then walk out?

At best he is a Marmite figure. I can't stand Marmite

I didn't think he scrapped the reserve team, could be wrong. The contract extension ended up in our favour with better compo. Other than that, in the words of Lee Sinnott, he's a :censored:.

He built a side that won promotion and a cup, granted he left shortly before it was completed but he was invited back as Barnsley reconised it was him that started it.

He then moved on again to another 'bigger' club while building a reputation as a good young manager at a level above where he started.

Other than that? Nothing...

Talk about re-writing history. He left Barnsley in Feb 2016, three months before they finished 6th, getting promotion via the play-offs and winning the paint pot. In what universe can he claim credit for that? Hilarious.

Talk about re-writing history. He left Barnsley in Feb 2016, three months before they finished 6th, getting promotion via the play-offs and winning the paint pot. In what universe can he claim credit for that? Hilarious.

Hadn't they won about nine on the trot, and already secured a place in the Trophy final when he left? I think it's reasonable to give him some of the credit.

He's a Championship manager, you could also say he left Barnsley in a fair position and had near on got them to Wembley in the Johnstone Paint before he left, meanwhile back in Oldham we've found our level again that he briefly took us out of.

He's not a championship manager!! he just manages in the championship, there is a difference. I play football manager it doesn't mean I am a football manager. however If he does well this season with Bristol City I'll retract my statement

He's not a championship manager!! he just manages in the championship, there is a difference. I play football manager it doesn't mean I am a football manager. however If he does well this season with Bristol City I'll retract my statement

He's managing a Championship club, which makes him a Championship manager.

You're playing Football Manager, which makes you someone who plays a computer game.

He's managing a Championship club, which makes him a Championship manager.

You're playing Football Manager, which makes you someone who plays a computer game.

So all are players are of league one standard because we are in league one? Rafa Benitez isn't a premier league class manager because he manages in the championship? Oh and I was born in Oldham but now live in London, that must make me a cockney. Get a grip!!!

So all are players are of league one standard because we are in league one? Rafa Benitez isn't a premier league class manager because he manages in the championship? Oh and I was born in Oldham but now live in London, that must make me a cockney. Get a grip!!!

bd4.gif

LJ is one of those managers who can be painted either in quite a good light considering how :censored: we are now or in a :censored: light.

Myself, I just think he was a lucky boy who was struggling under Tommy Wright came in. He also had the best of the money from the FA cup runs which helped. I also remember us going nicely in the season he left then him bringing in Daniel Johnson (decent player) into a system that didn't suit. So he altered it to suit Johnson and it went to :censored: culminating a defeat in the FA Cup and twattings at home to Yeovil 4-0 and MK Scum 7-0.

I was also told by a pretty good source that LJ was asked if he wanted Ched Evans at the start of December and turned it down. We issued a denial of interest. As the wheels started to come off, he went back and asked if they could get him. So I hold him partly responsible for the :censored: storm we endured as he kept silent and let everyone else take the flak. For all the criticism I have of Corney, I believe he was actually the one who had the most reservations over signing him.

Anyhoo.....LJ back here in the future? Nah...:censored: that. Just don't like the guy and don't think he's proven himself enough to warrant a return under any circumstance.

The 4-0 defeat to Yeovil was possibly the worst display I've ever seen by any professional team. It should have finished 8-0. They were bottom or next to bottom. and we were 3 down at half time and couldn't get a kick.

The players downed tools. They should have scored 3 more in the last 10 mins if Tom Eaves could finish.

The 4-0 defeat to Yeovil was possibly the worst display I've ever seen by any professional team. It should have finished 8-0. They were bottom or next to bottom. and we were 3 down at half time and couldn't get a kick.

The players downed tools. They should have scored 3 more in the last 10 mins if Tom Eaves could finish.

As close to a fixed match as I've seen in the flesh.