Bradford and Asian fans

How many of the Community Trust staff are Asian?

How many Asian Weddings has the OEC hosted?

How many of the kids that attend the Latics Zone are from minority groups?

How many teams of the week hosted at HT have Asian kids in them?

#banglaboundaryblues

#banglablues

Definite ring to it. Asian kids are football daft, get them involved. Involve the community. Oldham like it or not is diverse and this multi-ethnicity is here to stay, For me the club could be doing much more, not simply going into schools.

How many of the Community Trust staff are Asian?

How many Asian Weddings has the OEC hosted?

How many of the kids that attend the Latics Zone are from minority groups?

How many teams of the week hosted at HT have Asian kids in them?

#banglaboundaryblues

#banglablues

Definite ring to it. Asian kids are football daft, get them involved. Involve the community. Oldham like it or not is diverse and this multi-ethnicity is here to stay, For me the club could be doing much more, not simply going into schools.

They do alot more than just going into schools - their kicks project for example. I know that from this project they have taken on several asain coaches.

Drop their community manager an email - martin.vose@oldhamathletic.co.uk. I'm sure he'd welcome any ideas.

Talking to an Asian taxi driver today and he said local kids are definitely interested in Latics, but tend to follow the successful Premiership teams.

Which you could relate to all local kids and not just the 'asian' ones.

How often do they hear their 'local' team mentioned on the mejia? United were on the TV for the 56 th consecutive time in the FA CUp the other week. It wasn't the same in my day. Who would I support now? The team that was localish and that I could watch on the TV before I was old enough to go on my own. Kids who come to latics now ,I would suggest, only come because they are taken by an already lost cause parent or relative.

you just have to look on Claytons in the summer when they do the summer schools. Loads of kids from all areas of Oldham and surrounding areas in full kits from not just the big premier clubs but European clubs too. Very rarely do see you Latics kits amongst them! .. we're simply not 'fashionable' and we're not 'successful' enough and I'd even hazard a guess that some kids might not even realise Oldham has a club!! ..

Edited by thetramfixer

Guest nonaenever

1. We will undertake detailed research amongst Oldham’s burgeoning ethnic population to find out why this sector, by and large, does not support the club. We will then find solutions to attract such future fans – we want the Latics’ match day attendance to truly represent the people of the Borough of Oldham.

The above is lifted from the first draft "OAFC - Oldham Athletic Fans' Charter" which was drawn up prior to questions for the Chairman. The Charter hasn't been forgotten about and many have said they are keen to progress it ASAP after the questions session. We have over 50,000 people identifying themselves as ethnic in Oldham - we are missing out on a real opportunity. Definitely an inclusive piece of work via all agencies to identify the town with its club (another aim of the Charter)