FAO The Trust

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Trust have no clout over this then it is time to pull out.

It will be discussed at next weeks meeting as I can assure you we not exactly doing cartwheels over these possible changes.

I would like to know what you would think would happen if the trust did, let's say walk away. What exit strategy do you envisage and what would you recommend happens with the seat on the board?

I'm curious.

The seat on the board would be as much use if you walked away as it is now, a Trust on board gives Corney some sort of credibility and he's happy to milk the Trust when it suits, he knows the Trust don't have a leg to stand on because our positions so weak, an independant Trust would be far more effective were questions could be asked without fear of reprisal.

It will be discussed at next weeks meeting as I can assure you we not exactly doing cartwheels over these possible changes.

I would like to know what you would think would happen if the trust did, let's say walk away. What exit strategy do you envisage and what would you recommend happens with the seat on the board?

I'm curious.

In my view Tracey, there is no point having a seat on the board if important decisions are taken outside that board room.

A representative being there at meetings or not being there is rendered totally irrelevant.

The seat on the board would be as much use if you walked away as it is now, a Trust on board gives Corney some sort of credibility and he's happy to milk the Trust when it suits, he knows the Trust don't have a leg to stand on because our positions so weak, an independant Trust would be far more effective were questions could be asked without fear of reprisal.

Or answers....

In my view Tracey, there is no point having a seat on the board if important decisions are taken outside that board room.

A representative being there at meetings or not being there is rendered totally irrelevant.

SC owns 97% of the club so he'll do what he wants anyway.

Having a Trust representative involved and privy to just some of what goes on & able to put ideas and different viewpoints across is still better to have than not have.

Assuming this loan is to cover important costs surely the trust would had no choice but to give it the thumbs up anyway had they had any influence.....?

Thanks for the input chaps.

If we hypothetically, gave up the seat and the money that was raised to purchase it and there was a new Independent fans/trust. Can I ask

What format/working with the current club board set up would you want/demand

how would you get a seat on that board? Or access to the board to get the required/necessary info you think you might need

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the input chaps.

If we hypothetically, gave up the seat and the money that was raised to purchase it and there was a new Independent fans/trust. Can I ask

What format/working with the current club board set up would you want/demand

how would you get a seat on that board? Or access to the board to get the required/necessary info you think you might need

Thanks in advance

What would the trust achieve by severing ties with the club and being "independent" that it can't do now?

Correct me If I'm wrong but if the trust became independent it would just become a talking shop and then would probably dissolve completely

What would the trust achieve by severing ties with the club and being "independent" that it can't do now?

Correct me If I'm wrong but if the trust became independent it would just become a talking shop and then would probably dissolve completely

On the flip side, what are the benefits as things stand now?

Would be interesting to hear.

Would an independent trust need a relationship with the club? As Yarddog says, the current way doesn't really seem to be yielding much for our benefit.

Then what would be it's purpose? To work with or work against the club and how would you get any viable information to make a judgement call?

Thanks in advance

Perhaps, but if that scenario occurs then it would highlight problems much more widely than random fans asking questions and being brushed off

Then what would be it's purpose? To work with or work against the club and how would you get any viable information to make a judgement call?

Thanks in advance

Not sure, certainly not against the club though.

Maybe you guys on the inside as it were could outline what you see, without voting rights, as the benefits?

Edited by deyres42

Why does the club appear to work against SB our only real representative, it's not like the relationship comes across as a cordial one at times, I may of course be getting the wrong end of the stick but it appears theirs little respect from some at the club for his position and those he's there to represent.

Maybe you g

Not sure, certainly not against the club though.

Maybe you guys on the inside as it were could outline what you see as the benefits?

I am the wrong person to be typing this as I've typed/re typed it for the last 5mins and it's coming across as waffle...as I do waffle. So i am hoping Leeslover or Jorvik can put a sensible spin on it.

What I will say is would you prefer NOT to have any representation at board level? Or Is it better not to have any knowledge on what's happening at the club/owners behaviour?

Why does the club appear to work against SB our only real representative, it's not like the relationship comes across as a cordial one at times, I may of course be getting the wrong end of the stick but it appears theirs little respect from some at the club for his position and those he's there to represent.

I am glad you and others have noted this.

Maybe it's because he has been asking the questions as trust director and your board representation, we believe we should have the knowledge about, even have the legal right to know.

Edited by underdog

On the flip side, what are the benefits as things stand now?

Would be interesting to hear.

We have a seat on the board abd a 3 % it's upto to the trust to use it the best they can.

Now I've answered you're questions you answer how would the trust improve by going independent and distancing itself from the club?

It's a difficult one this; both arguments have merit. Or perhaps it would be more accurate to say that both potential outcomes are fairly impotent.

What is the Trust able to achieve now, given that the club clearly limits any real insight into the important stuff, such as finances, knowledge of which was one of the principal arguments for the seat on the Board in the first place? I like the fact that the Trust now talk in terms of Simon B representing the fans as part of his role after Barry very openly abandoned that aspect. But that can only be done to the extent the club is willing to engage. The board meeting "mix-up" said an awful lot about how much the club directors intend to involve the Trust.

On the flip side, is it a weaker position still to walk away and give up the notional involvement in the club the Trust enjoys today? Would it perhaps allow the Trust to speak more openly about any concerns it has about the way the club is operating? It must be difficult for someone in Simon B's shoes to speak out about something and then sit in the boardroom with a pissed off Corney, Barry et al. As others have said, would the Trust even maintain the appetite to continue, completely separated from the club?

We have a seat on the board abd a 3 % it's upto to the trust to use it the best they can.

Now I've answered you're questions you answer how would the trust improve by going independent and distancing itself from the club?

I don't know if it would.

A quick nosy at few other trusts shows their aim is generally to get a place on the board - so in theory we are there but without voting rights what does it yield?

It's a difficult one this; both arguments have merit. Or perhaps it would be more accurate to say that both potential outcomes are fairly impotent.

What is the Trust able to achieve now, given that the club clearly limits any real insight into the important stuff, such as finances, knowledge of which was one of the principal arguments for the seat on the Board in the first place? I like the fact that the Trust now talk in terms of Simon B representing the fans as part of his role after Barry very openly abandoned that aspect. But that can only be done to the extent the club is willing to engage. The board meeting "mix-up" said an awful lot about how much the club directors intend to involve the Trust.

On the flip side, is a weaker position still to walk away and give up the notional involvement in the club the Trust enjoys today? Would it perhaps allow the Trust to speak more openly about any concerns it has about the way the club is operating? It must be difficult for someone in Simon B's to speak out about something and then sit in the boardroom with a pissed off Corney, Barry et al. As others have said, would the Trust even maintain the appetite to continue, completely separated from the club?

Insightful...thanks