FAO The Trust

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Presumably you are within the trust and this (heresay) evidence has only come to light over the last few days.

With the fan on the board why does this have to happen in this way?

Correct.

Simon is told most things in board meetings - this wasn't brought up.

Presumably you are within the trust and this (heresay) evidence has only come to light over the last few days.

With the fan on the board why does this have to happen in this way?

Why do you think it has to happen at all? Us being told that the club has borrowed money for some reason..?

I don't think I've ever seen a football club inform it's fans that they've taken out a loan.. Have you?

Edited by HarryBosch

Why do you think it has to happen at all? Us being told that the club has borrowed money for some reason..?

I don't think I've ever seen a football club inform it's fans that they've taken out a loan.. Have you?

That is not the question that I asked which was did the Trust know in advance that a further loan was to be taken out.

I never said that I should know, did I?

I'm not sure why ChaddySmoker is being criticised for "Scouring Companies House". That doesn't seem too unreasonable to me, though it is unlikely to be done every day.

The question about whether the Trust were aware is a very fair one. We have a representative on the Board of the club who should be involved in decision making. The nature of a Board of directors is such that they have collective responsibility for the running of the business. There has to be a real danger that it key decisions are being made with one or more directors being excluded from the process, those directors may reach the point that they feel unable to remain on the Board. Whilst I am not suggesting for a minute that this is the position that Simon Brooke is in (I have met him a few times but don't know him and certainly haven't had any such conversations with him), I would be very concerned if he was.

Reading through the minutes on the Trust's website, there is a definite suggestion that SB is not being treated the same way as other directors with his exclusion from the Boardroom on matchdays. As a member of the Trust (I think) SB represents me on the OAFC Board and I expect him to be given the full access that any director should have.

Edited by Latics and England

I'm not sure why ChaddySmoker is being criticised for "Scouring Companies House". That doesn't seem too unreasonable to me, though it is unlikely to be done every day.

The question about whether the Trust were aware is a very fair one. We have a representative on the Board of the club who should be involved in decision making. The nature of a Board of directors is such that they have collective responsibility for the running of the business. There has to be a real danger that it key decisions are being made with one or more directors being excluded from the process, those directors may reach the point that they feel unable to remain on the Board. Whilst I am not suggesting for a minute that this is the position that Simon Brooke is in (I have met him a few times but don't know him and certainly haven't had any such conversations with him), I would be very concerned if he was.

Reading through the minutes on the Trust's website, there is a definite suggestion that SB is not being treated the same way as other directors with his exclusion from the Boardroom on matchdays. As a member of the Trust (I think) SB represents me on the OAFC Board and I expect him to be given the full access that any director should have.

If SB is not allowed the same facilities as other directors on matchdays or not informed of correct boardroom meetings times, meaning some matters are discussed without his presence it's disgraceful.

We hear SB dedicates a day and week to the club for nothing, can anyone tell me what individually is the input of the other direcors to earn their special privileges?

If SB is not allowed the same facilities as other directors on matchdays or not informed of correct boardroom meetings times, meaning some matters are discussed without his presence it's disgraceful.

We hear SB dedicates a day and week to the club for nothing, can anyone tell me what individually is the input of the other direcors to earn their special privileges?

I've heard many of the others have a nice brown tongue, not sure how this qualifies them for special privileges, only sycophants need apply.

Not really no, I don't see it as any of their or our business.

You are entitled to your view, but I am sure many do not. Many of us are shareholders, the effect on the playing budget, cash flow and the repeated winding up orders are a concern to many.

The club should not tell the fans everything that is going on and taking out a loan is not something that requires any kind of announcement. They should, however, be taking any such decisions at a Board level and the person who is representing the Trust on that Board should be fully in the loop. We all know that the Trust has little or no influence in the Board Room and ultimately that is a decision for the Chairman to take and it is his right to leave it that way. The representative, however, is there to ensure that the club is being operated in the interest of the fans and whilst he may have no genuine influence, as a Director he should have some oversight.

I have lost count over the years at the number of times Simon Corney has come out and said that the club does not owe money to any third parties. In recent years, this has changed to not owing money to third parties with the exception of Brassbank with whom he has an agreement (unclear as to whether written or not) that they will not chase the debt whilst the club is outside the Premier League.

Simon's repeated comments along these lines shows that he recognises the importance of not having external creditors who may start to chase the money. If this is something he accepts is so important, why would the full Board not be involved in any discussions that might change the situation?