Clarke signs 2.5 year deal

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, astottie said:

Has he been playing for England U21's but not been out on loan yet?

He's effectively Citys third choice as he preferred to stay and fight for a first team place than go out on loan, if its game time he wants we could use Ripley as a good example of someone whose benefitted from his time with us.

29 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I'd like to see us do this and add a central midfield and a centre forward version of Clarke - a bit of a Dad's Army theme giving us loads of quality and nouse 

Of course we'd look for reinforcements but Baxter, Green and Fane would do me as a starting midfield three next season

37 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

Flynn will be a much improved player in a better team. Hope we keep him

I'm inclined to agree. 

Should we manage to sign Baxter, our central options would be Fane, Green, Banks, Flynn and Baxter, with Flynn also able to play out wide.

Get McLaughlin signed up and he can have that RW spot with a fully recharged Dummigan behind him.

I reckon we may end up signing Taylor too, and if Odabeyi fancies it, that's 3 wingers/wide midfielders excluding Flynn.

Thats midfield pretty much wrapped up, though as someone mentioned above an old school type DM would be beneficial.

20 hours ago, OldHallam said:

Great news and some right miserable bastards on here. Gerrard and Clarke wherever we are will be good enough and a solid base. Mr Ripley may well fancy it in Championship but he might also welcome returning for another season stranger things have happened 

Let's not kid ourselves.  There's not a hope in hell of Ripley being at Latics next season.