1 hour ago, Midsblue said:

For those who are IT illiterate, how can I get a VPN? How much does it cost?  Is it legal to use if I then pay the ifollow to watch streams?

Google PIA get that cost 6 euro a month instal the software log into software use username and pass they send you log in select country I use France click login boom you done use of laptop as normal it just makes your ip change like you are in France or whatever country you select 

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/

Edited by Andy Perimeter West

4 minutes ago, b0ndl1ne said:

I've not had glitches on any league games and that's from Australia watching through chrome on a MacBook.

when I try to use a paid VPN to watch UK stuff it's forever crashing.

i reckon it's because you're going through a VPN

Cheers, was going to try in the uk for away games but I'll probably swerve it now

12 hours ago, Midsblue said:

For those who are IT illiterate, how can I get a VPN? How much does it cost?  Is it legal to use if I then pay the ifollow to watch streams?

Simple Google will find one - I use ExpressVPN but there are plenty of others.

Cost depends on how long you sign up for - think it was $99 for 12 months.  There are free ones available but from my experience they tend not to cope well with streaming.

Not sure on the "legality" but the use of VPNs is pretty common place.

I had an issue when trying to set up my iFollow account that the payment detail address ie the UK, didn't match the VPN location - others might know how to solve it but I got a friend in Australia to set it up and then transferred the cash over.

Companies are trying to get better at voiding the VPN route - I used to be able to get Sky Go and iPlayer to work over VPN when abroad but on my last trip (last week) it didn't - so there is the risk that iFollow work out how to block it.

That being said, last night I got back in from holiday, picked up a takeaway and watched the game from my sofa on the iPad - which is brilliant.

10 hours ago, robboman said:

Cheers, was going to try in the uk for away games but I'll probably swerve it now

I think that the success or not via VPN may be down to the quality of the connection.

I used a free VPN for a while and it was Ok for doing downloading overnight, but poor for steaming.

Now used a pay VPN and watched last nights game in the UK via the App on an IPad and was decent.

I think you can get a 30 day trial / money back on some paid VPNs and you can buy a single game on iFollow - so you could try for very little outlay.

Thing is I'd happily pay the price of the ST in return for UK-based live steaming of matches.  Due to location and work commitments I'm now struggling to see my beloved team live.

I can't understand why live streaming is only allowed outside the UK.  Appreciate it would hit attendances if fans could watch from their armchair but if subscription was the same as a ST then those locally would likely attend in person.

If I can't watch unless via a VPN then as long as I'm paying my subscription then surely I should be allowed?!

Missed opportunity for ifollow and L1 clubs 

If the EFL were to agree to live streaming of all matches in the UK, how do think this would affect attendances?

Personally, I think that day isn't far away for the EFL with practically every Premiership match shown live now as it is.

It would obviously be a big money earner for the EFL with extra revenue for clubs.

Could it really happen?

9 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

If the EFL were to agree to live streaming of all matches in the UK, how do think this would affect attendances?

Personally, I think that day isn't far away for the EFL with practically every Premiership match shown live now as it is.

It would obviously be a big money earner for the EFL with extra revenue for clubs.

Could it really happen?

It'd need a change in legislation, so don't see it happening any time soon.

I should think now that practically every Manchester United match is shown live they have far more fans worldwide than say in the 1960s, with the additional spin offs of TV revenue and merchandising.

Ifollow is making the first steps in the EFL toward this in my opinion with streaming live games abroad.

Personally, as a UK resident I'd pay to watch every away match televised live and still go to home games.

I can see it happening now the door has been pushed open.

I live in the US and signed up last week for the full package.  This week I am in Holland.  Going through the club web site I can open ifollow video content and it streams fine, but apparently only for the standard content that UK users could get (interviews and highlights) ... I cannot see any link to watching a live match .. can anyone advise where the links are to watch the games live?  Or where the ifollow tech support is?  Any ideas appreciated!

The way to get to the live streamed match is to click on match centre (when it's matchday) and then from match centre there are typically 2 options. 'Listen Live' and 'Watch Live' (above the play button bar).

I learned last week that it's possible to have two browser windows open - one with the audio stream and one with the live stream. If you pause the live video stream until the audio stream is in sync it's great :)

Hmm... not sure.. I don't see 'Listen Live' right now. When I'm logged in and I click on match centre from the 'matches' area I see this.

The 'Access to live commentary on iFollow will be available here shortly before kick-off' changes to the two options I mentioned. Listen Live and Watch. Not sure when it changes but I believe it to be very close to kick off. If you're in the UK or Ireland you'll only see one option - Listen Live. If you're overseas and you have the appropriate subscription plan you will see both options.

I'm using Chrome browser.

Capture1.JPG

Pissed off today. Missed most of first half because it kept coming on saying I needed to upgrade even though I have a full membership. I sent them a stinking email and it suddenly came on. After 5 mins it went off again and I sent another email. It then came on again for another 5 mins then went off again saying I needed to upgrade. I then sent a third email and managed to see all of the second half but it's not a very good service. In fact it's crap.

20 hours ago, Smiler13 said:

Pissed off today. Missed most of first half because it kept coming on saying I needed to upgrade even though I have a full membership. I sent them a stinking email and it suddenly came on. After 5 mins it went off again and I sent another email. It then came on again for another 5 mins then went off again saying I needed to upgrade. I then sent a third email and managed to see all of the second half but it's not a very good service. In fact it's crap.

how you trying to watch the match fella if it through the app scrap that had lots of problems with that just go on google search find Oldham site and log in through that

On 9/15/2017 at 8:35 PM, BP1960 said:

Could it really happen?

DAZN stream all professional games out here in Japan live, that's across the top 3 divisions. Many non league games are also shown live. I don't think it has had any impact on attendances at all and I doubt it would back home either. I agree with what others say they should price it similar to a season ticket. I also think it's stupid that I can watch more oldham games on the otherside of the world than I could back home. 

Is DAZN available in the uk yet? It's an excellent sports streaming service based in the uk. They have lots of sports and all the top football divisions available for around £12 a month. If they got the TV rights for the premier league in the uk is hope it would be the end of the ripoff packages from sky and BT 

Last Saturday I was in Manila, Philippines but I usually watch it from Cebu Philippines. I have had good reception in Cebu but in Manila at Raffles I kept being told that I needed to upgrade even though I have full membership for the Philippines. The speed of internet at Raffles is fast so I doubt it being that. 

@Armchair thanks for the info on Saturday .. I got it working OK - thankfully I had to leave at half time!

For other potential users my experience was the first 30 minutes streamed really well and good definition .. then after that it kept stalling and / or breaking up.  I had to relaunch the browser 3-4 times to get service back ...