4 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

He played a total of  22 games last season and scored 2 goals those 2 against carlisle.

He played 18 games for Stalybridge celtic in 2 seasons and scored 2 goals.

Not quite sure what brings you to that conclusion.

Personally I see him as more a willing runner type who will chase lost causes into the channels.

His finishes for those goals you mention...

19 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Even in a Steve Robinson side? :lol:

Yeah. And certainly at 3 levels below ours right now 2 in 18 for Stalybridge. The likes of Mckay atleast had scored goals in the SPL.

I don't want to write him off totally, Sheridan hasnt and certainly when you consider his age also but I'd say he's going to have to come on quite abit before I'd consider having him as in my first choice pairing.

32 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I'd like to think a decent finisher at this level can do that a little bit more often than 1 time in 22 games.

As has been pointed out in the past stats like that are basically misleading. How many minutes on the pitch does that 22 games equate to ? It's certainly not 22 full 90 mins. 

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Yeah. And certainly at 3 levels below ours right now 2 in 18 for Stalybridge. The likes of Mckay atleast had scored goals in the SPL.

I don't want to write him off totally, Sheridan hasnt and certainly when you consider his age also but I'd say he's going to have to come on quite abit before I'd consider having him as in my first choice pairing.

I wonder what supersub David Fairclough's goals per minute on the pitch ratio was as against appearances?

7 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I wonder what supersub David Fairclough's goals per minute on the pitch ratio was as against appearances?

David Fairclough was trying to compete with Kevin Keegan John Toshack and Kenny Dalglish to get in the Liverpool team who won 4 European cups at the time. Osei was competing against McKay Ladapo and Erwin does this not say something that he was on the bench in the first place. A Google search tells us that it was better than Oseis 0 goals in 19 league games.

For the record I don't have a massive downer on Osei I hope he proves me wrong I thought Matt Smith would dissappear into non league after his first season with us I hope I'm as wrong about Osei.

12 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

David Fairclough was trying to compete with Kevin Keegan John Toshack and Kenny Dalglish to get in the Liverpool team who won 4 European cups at the time. Osei was competing against McKay Ladapo and Erwin does this not say something that he was on the bench in the first place. A Google search tells us that it was better than Oseis 0 goals in 19 league games.

For the record I don't have a massive downer on Osei I hope he proves me wrong I thought Matt Smith would dissappear into non league after his first season with us I hope I'm as wrong about Osei.

Since leaving us Matt Smith has scored 32 goals in 117 games for 4 championship team some of which will have been sub appearances .

the making of him was those FA Cup games for us after nearly joining Macclesfield after his loan spell there

7 hours ago, stevesidg said:

Since leaving us Matt Smith has scored 32 goals in 117 games for 4 championship team some of which will have been sub appearances .

the making of him was those FA Cup games for us after nearly joining Macclesfield after his loan spell there

When did Gerry Taggert leave? Was it before or after the Forest game?

12 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Before. Why?

Bit of a chicken and egg situation. Perhaps the improved role of Tony P. and the removal of Gerry Taggert, who I saw giving coaching to Smith on how to bully defenders was the actual catalyst for the upturn in Smith's form, which just happened to coincide with some cup games.