Walsall v Oldham

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shez lost nine on the bounce at Notts C and described his players as a pub team. It could quite easily happen here if he persists with our non existent midfield. It's early days but I can see another unhappy ending looming.

Only 2 games in but something needs to change and quickly!

4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

The most concerning thing to me is Shez's demeanour, he looks to have had enough already.

He's pissed because he hasn't got the squad he wants, recent history tells us money is not available at this time of year so he has to get on with it.

If he can sort out the midfield we will be fine, how he hasn't over the summer surprises me considering how good a midfielder he was back in the day.  Doesn't get any easier with the pie chasers in town next week. 

Just now, Fergie said:

If he can sort out the midfield we will be fine, how he hasn't over the summer surprises me considering how good a midfielder he was back in the day.  Doesn't get any easier with the pie chasers in town next week. 

He's obviously wanted to all summer, the money isn't there.

Just now, oafc1955 said:

He's signed Duffus, Davies and Hunt who'll all be on a decent salary....don't try and tell me there's been no money!

Davies will be one of our high earners, but I don’t see why two young players surplus to requirements at Premier League clubs would have set us back.

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

He's pissed because he hasn't got the squad he wants, recent history tells us money is not available at this time of year so he has to get on with it.

DIdn't we spend £100k on Poleon and money on Dummigan at the end of the transfer windows last couple of seasons? Where's the Ripley money gone?

Even if there's still money to spend I'm afraid Shez should have been aware of the problem this team had and should have dealt with it already. Entirely predictable.

1 minute ago, NewBlue said:

DIdn't we spend £100k on Poleon and money on Dummigan at the end of the transfer windows last couple of seasons? Where's the Ripley money gone?

Even if there's still money to spend I'm afraid Shez should have been aware of the problem this team had and should have dealt with it already. Entirely predictable.

He wants to play 3--5--2 and can't.

He's wanted a midfielder all summer and it still hasn't happened.

This keeper clearly isn't the first choice and yet he plays.

Well that was a disappointing second half. Can't begrudge them the win they had much the better of it after what was a decent first half showing from Latics.

What I liked:

Hunt  and McLaughlin partnership looks promising

Clarke is still Clarke

Banks was decent today.

Fawns got better as the game went on but reasonabl to sub him later.

Fane still looks promising

Wilson in goal made one superb save and looked ok although flapped a bit at a few crosses, couldn't see if he had much chance  with goals as at other end.

Odabeyi looks lively.

Dummigan improving.

What I didn't like:

Gerrard and Clarke will get destroyed by pace a few times this season (Gerrard made a superb defensive header and competes well in the air but very ponderous on his feet), must say I would prefer a James Wilson paired with Clarke (or with Gerrard).

Our attack is woeful, the body language of both Davies and Holloway is infuriating, both are permanently on the back foot and do not offer a goal threat. We blame the midfield but I'd be very disappointed if I was Banks looking for runners. They are not a good pairing, one or the other for me.

Questionable why Wilson Br came on when we needed a more attacking mindset, I like Wilson but that seemed odd.

Too early to say with Duffus but I expected explosive pace and I'm not yet sure it's there - probably too harsh on the lad really.

im not panicking but I had hoped for a bit more this season, might well come good, I'm sure Shez expected more but probably has his concerns.

Last t point, good to see Gardner fully involved in the warm up even though he can't yet  play, good attitude and he may well make the difference.

31 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Didn't he have money at Nots County?

7 minutes ago, Laticfanatic1 said:

Needs to drop Holloway straight out the team. Lack of interest and one lazy bastard. That's just the start

He's a converted centre back and may revert back there, apart from some fancy footwork there's little he contributes up front.

Edited by BP1960

24 minutes ago, JohnnyPimp said:

We haven't replaced all the players that left in the summer, have we?

Like who?  Everyone who was offered a contract, apart from Kettings, signed.  We got rid of the dead wood and signed a few.  People were questioning where Corney got the money to sign players from!

I thought we were in a good position to progress as we'd kept the key players that got us the results to stay up last season and added a few good signings..

Edited by JoeP

2 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Like who?  Everyone who was offered a contract, apart from Kettings, signed.  We got rid of the dead wood and signed a few.  People were questioning where Corney got the money to sign players from!

I thought we were in a good position to progress as we'd kept the key players that got us the results to stay up last season and added a few good signings..

Unfortunately, the key players aren't producing, and the one who is won't be here long IMO.