Movement, Pressing, Closing down.

On 21/08/2017 at 2:11 PM, jorvik_latic said:

He doesn't try and do everything though and his teammates weren't statues (Gardner closed down as much as he could especially in front of the defenders - making him less of an attacking threat, Hunt wasn't the best with his control going yards in front of him, McLaughlin was our second best player and Kyeremeh had a decent debut but refused to go down the line). He shits out of tackles and doesn't close down. He keeps getting picked because the other (slightly better) options are injured. I don't abuse him when he's playing as I get behind the team but I'll opine on here if that's ok with you?

I might have this view of Banks but whoever at the club decided that the ask Banks feature via Twitter was a good idea? They've tagged him in it and there are some shitty responses to him. The media team have done a great job up to now but this was a baaaad move. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Droylsden v Mossley for me on Monday, it will be a nice change to see passion, accurate passing, movement and goals.

You will never be able to convince me that the standard of Droylsden v Mossley will be anywhere near the same standard as a Latics game...

15 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

You didn't go yesterday did you? It was bad....really bad!

I was there, same as in all the previous games this season with this dysfunctional lot, slow centre backs, poor positioning by the wing backs, weak midfield and impotent strikers.

Apart from that it can only get better.

37 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

You will never be able to convince me that the standard of Droylsden v Mossley will be anywhere near the same standard as a Latics game...

I can assure you the passing of the Droyldsen players is far superior to the Oldham players (apart from Gardner who is ex Droylsden)..ask your mate there and he will confirm they are a real footballing team.

If they met in the FA Cup my money would be on the Bloods, this Oldham team is that bad.

I was going to say Latics would have superior fitness levels being full time, but looking at them they looked drained of energy.  

Go to the Butchers Arms on Monday you will be surprised by the quality on display. Droyldsen play a 4-3-3 attacking game, with both full backs bombing forward, this can lead to conceding goals on the break, but they always look lo

like scoring, can you say the same for our lot?

23 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I was there, same as in all the previous games this season with this dysfunctional lot, slow centre backs, poor positioning by the wing backs, weak midfield and impotent strikers.

Apart from that it can only get better.

Talking of strikers, I've defended Holloway several times already this season in the hope that he'll come good but his performance yesterday was shocking.

His off the ball movement was non existent, he never once looked to find any space or make any sort of run. His demeanour and attitude was absolutely shocking, he looked like he couldn't be arsed.......I'm beginning to understand now why Fleetwood let him go!

7 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I can assure you the passing of the Droyldsen players is far superior to the Oldham players (apart from Gardner who is ex Droylsden)..ask your mate there and he will confirm they are a real footballing team.

If they met in the FA Cup my money would be on the Bloods, this Oldham team is that bad.

I was going to say Latics would have superior fitness levels being full time, but looking at them they looked drained of energy.  

Go to the Butchers Arms on Monday you will be surprised by the quality on display. Droyldsen play a 4-3-3 attacking game, with both full backs bombing forward, this can lead to conceding goals on the break, but they always look lo

like scoring, can you say the same for our lot?

Funnily enough, I think I'm going tomorrow...

31 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Never in a month of Sundays would droylsen beat oldham. There playing in a bobbins league,  look at bolton they have gone up and there getting smashed

You dont remember FC United beating Rochdale and similar occurences?

This is the first season in years where my fantasy league team had had a better start than my actual team. 

And I'm shit at fantasy football. 

I've no idea what's going on with investment/takeovers, but I hope the dust settles soon so I can complain from my usual position of po-faced self-righteousness.

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

No u require them drawing and them making it to the first round then beating a far superior team! Never going to happen!

We may never  know, but it would not surprise me for Latics to go out to a similar non league team, if you were at Blackpool yesterday you could see that happening.

7 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Talking of non-league I might head over to surrey st tomorrow and watch Glossop NE vs Darren Kelly's Hyde. 

It will be interesting to see if he's got Hyde organised, seems to be building a decent squad.

5 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Did anyone see Liverpool's movement today? always seemed to have at least 4 in attack, and also support for the back 4 when needed.

Yes good pressing and a willingness to go and win the ball back plus explosive pace on the counter attack and they always had men running forwards from midfield things we simply don't do. 

Then again half of league 1 could have beaten Arsenal today they were woeful.