Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

21 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

They're saving it for tomorrow to get more bums on seats for the Plymuff game. Thought that was obvious. :grin::drinking45::pray:

Why would more people go because we've got a new owner? 

Many won't even know or only vaguely know. 

Decent new signings for Bradford might do it..... 

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

No. Two behind North Stand Construction Thread. 

Assuming this is just the first part of AL's takeoever (i.e. just the team not the ground) which will be finished first? :lol:

I think Ex Players and That is up to page 194, well ahead.

31 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Depends how they sell it, suppose we announced it on monday announce its half price on saturday and announce Doyle has signed a 2 and a half year deal make a couple of othee signings during the week it would generate extra interest.

4 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Depends how they sell it, suppose we announced it on monday announce its half price on saturday and announce Doyle has signed a 2 and a half year deal make a couple of othee signings during the week it would generate extra interest.

I don't think that would be enough.

Doyle signing would only please the fans that already go.

Half price would benefit the fans that already go, maybe bring in a couple of hundred more and p**s off the season ticket holders.

It's a results business.
Win, win, win...yes, maybe some exiles will return.

Go up a league and even more may return.

Go up a league, keep winning and announce a bargain deal on season tickets...that should do it. :D 

45 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Hence the daft grin, the beer and the prayer. I'm feeling a bit giddy and clutching at straws (alcohol sometimes does strange things). I'll be quiet now.

36 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I'd rather they just run the club better for the medium to long term - short term aswell actually, why not - than use gimmicks for one match... 

8 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I'd rather they just run the club better for the medium to long term - short term aswell actually, why not - than use gimmicks for one match... 

So would I but you can do that with the odd half price/promotional game/Marketing gimmick thrown in too though wouldnt hurt.

44 minutes ago, Wardie said:

I don't think that would be enough.

Doyle signing would only please the fans that already go.

Half price would benefit the fans that already go, maybe bring in a couple of hundred more and p**s off the season ticket holders.

It's a results business.
Win, win, win...yes, maybe some exiles will return.

Go up a league and even more may return.

Go up a league, keep winning and announce a bargain deal on season tickets...that should do it. :D 

Most of us season ticket holders are quite happy for the club to put on the odd promotional game. 

Obviously a consistently winning team is the most important thing but a few marketing iniatives here and there wont do us any harm in fact it will probably help us bump up the crowds aslong as they do it properly.

8 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Most of us season ticket holders are quite happy for the club to put on the odd promotional game. 

Obviously a consistently winning team is the most important thing but a few marketing iniatives here and there wont do us any harm in fact it will probably help us bump up the crowds aslong as they do it properly.

That's the catch right there...doing it properly...which appears to be something that regularly eludes the club's marketing team.

4 minutes ago, Wardie said:

That's the catch right there...doing it properly...which appears to be something that regularly eludes the club's marketing team.

Our media team have put out a few crackers of late. I think there's a lot of cross over between them and the marketing team. 

Just now, rudemedic said:

Our media team have put out a few crackers of late. I think there's a lot of cross over between them and the marketing team. 

No denying that. I think the weakness lies in getting the promotion to a wide enough audience.

59 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Aslong as we are run properly I hope Abdullah doesnt go down the Leeds United route keep the drama on the pitch and not off it.

The last time we did this...

https://web.archive.org/web/20040312052230/http://oldhamathletic.rivals.net:80/default.asp?sid=939&p=2&stid=8337711

https://web.archive.org/web/20040316160600/http://oldhamathletic.rivals.net:80/default.asp?sid=939&p=2&stid=8338075

The other story vexing fans back then was SHOULD JOHN SHERIDAN BE GIVEN UNTIL THE END OF THE SEASON?

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose, I guess.

Archived