Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lemsagam:

• New challenge for him. Fans v important. Wants to work together.
  • Not a billionaire. Doesn't plan to throw money around all over the place. Hopes to make the club profitable in time.
  • FA asked lots of questions. Lots of attention on his previous role as an agent. FA wanted to protect the game and the club.
  • Immediate priorities? (looks pointedly at Wellens) Focus on the football.
  • Staying this league and building for next season the first step.
  • Maybe more players in after tomorrow. Almost there in terms of signings. Doyle is coming back to the end of the season.
  • Coach makes decisions on players. (Moisley interjects that it would be crazy not to leverage Lemsagam's contacts.)
  • Plans to spend a lot of time in the area. Might move here. Lived in Germany so weather not a problem.

Wellens:

• Lemsagam made the decision to appoint him as manager after Sheridan left.
  • Will try to do something about Doyle staying beyond this season.
  • Will know about other players coming in in the next day or so.

Moisley:

• Deal is just the football club. Not the OEC. [I think, stream kept cutting out]

All pretty much what you'd expect. Let's see what actually happens. Nice that Doyle is back although won't be ready for 3-4 weeks.

Despite what Lemsagam said about the coach deciding on players, it seemed to be in the context of giving him players to look at. Not free reign.

Unless I missed it no mention of Corney staying.

3 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

Wellens to Lemsagam, just before the microphones were cut off, "That were easy, weren't it?"

Says that all the time, said it during the appointment press conference

So, the sum total of his plan for the club is to use his 'agent' contacts to unearth players that improve us..... 

I blame the press for asking banal questions..... I'd like the Trust to ask the following;

1. OAFC2004 Ltd makes a loss every year. Are you [AL] going to cover that loss and write it off every year until you can make it profitable? i.e You will not saddle OAFC2004Ltd with Director loans that it has to pay back if/when you come to sell it?

2. Are you going to increase the playing budget so we can attract / sign more expensive [and hopefully therefore better] players, or is it just use contacts to unearth cheap ones and operate within the same budget restrictions as Corney has been doing since Blitz and Gazal legged it?

3. Will you upgrade/improve the 3 stands that you do own? Chaddy End, RRE and Main Stand?

4. Will you upgrade/improve the training facilities?

Just now, Lags said:

That's what I thought. So what is his role at the club if he's staying?

Advisory role whilst in a period of transition I think. Sounds short term rather than long term.

7 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

So, the sum total of his plan for the club is to use his 'agent' contacts to unearth players that improve us..... 

I blame the press for asking banal questions..... I'd like the Trust to ask the following;

1. OAFC2004 Ltd makes a loss every year. Are you [AL] going to cover that loss and write it off every year until you can make it profitable? i.e You will not saddle OAFC2004Ltd with Director loans that it has to pay back if/when you come to sell it?

2. Are you going to increase the playing budget so we can attract / sign more expensive [and hopefully therefore better] players, or is it just use contacts to unearth cheap ones and operate within the same budget restrictions as Corney has been doing since Blitz and Gazal legged it?

3. Will you upgrade/improve the 3 stands that you do own? Chaddy End, RRE and Main Stand?

4. Will you upgrade/improve the training facilities?

Hopefully build a bigger and better conference suits, restaurant, gym and bar on the Main Stand. 

Archived