Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Currently there is no reason to believe that this window is any different to others. The 'funding' which appears to have been secured has no doubt also been secured during other transfer windows, utilised to make very similar signings often also as loans and on short term contracts.

difference this time is that corney has seen fit to give the name of one of his funders which seems to have got everyone in a tizz, including journalists. 

what a lot of fuss over absolutely nothing. People clearly love to make a drama out of nowt. 

It's a bit of fun and excitement in my generally dull life though. 

Just now, singe said:

I think that backdrop was too low key for a new owner, didn't even have the sponsor boards. Not sure what it was, maybe it stopped raining long enough to move outside!!

Plus according to his Instagram account, the new investor/owner has been down in London this afternoon.

1 minute ago, Andy b said:

Currently there is no reason to believe that this window is any different to others. The 'funding' which appears to have been secured has no doubt also been secured during other transfer windows, utilised to make very similar signings often also as loans and on short term contracts.

difference this time is that corney has seen fit to give the name of one of his funders which seems to have got everyone in a tizz, including journalists. 

what a lot of fuss over absolutely nothing. People clearly love to make a drama out of nowt. 

You may have egg on your face soon. I hope you are prepared to make an apology to this board and Simon Corney. Plus a large donation to Playershare.

Just now, ghostofcecere said:

Plus according to his Instagram account, the new investor/owner has been down in London this afternoon.

I'll add fuel to the fire, registered office of OEC is in London, New Cavendish Street....

:D

7 minutes ago, Andy b said:

If mike keegan's pulse races over the signing of a Preston reserve team player then he really needs to get out a bit more 

Maybe not but in the context of things he's a great acquisition.  We've been lead to believe that we were signing half a team of French-African third division rejects over the past few days.  We may still sign the foreigners but Doyle is a good start.

3 minutes ago, Andy Perimeter West said:

whats the ! all about

Could it mean it's the more experienced of the two Ruddys signing?

Just realised it's the younger of the two called Jack. Although they're both called John. How confusing.

Archived