Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

14 minutes ago, Andy b said:

If mike keegan's pulse races over the signing of a Preston reserve team player then he really needs to get out a bit more 

Tbf Doyle's probably a better signing than most of us expected.

It was only 3 seasons ago he scored 21 league goals at this level. Fair enough, he's not cut it in The Championship, but he's done it at this level and it's definitely our most positive signing this season.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

The investment must be there. We've gone from "nobody can sign until we sell someone," to signing whoever we want...

Mike Keegan has reported a development squad planned to try and create a conveyor belt, which also backs up what you say too.

The investment must be there. We've gone from "nobody can sign until we sell someone," to signing whoever we want...

Exactly.

Also No way that Corney would suddenly decide to set up a development squad and bring loads of foreign players over.

It's a strange one. We're signing players I'd imagine he would go for, but then still having a load of foreigners signed who he doesn't particularly want...

It is, but only Placide of foreigners has signed so far.

He could still be second choice still, which Shez said, Ben Wilson let go.

Maybe the foreigners was more rumour than actual fact. You didn't see many!!

16 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

It's trademark Corney to paid a bad picture to make more positive news look better than it actually is. Was there snow embargo?

41 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Currently there is no reason to believe that this window is any different to others. The 'funding' which appears to have been secured has no doubt also been secured during other transfer windows, utilised to make very similar signings often also as loans and on short term contracts.

difference this time is that corney has seen fit to give the name of one of his funders which seems to have got everyone in a tizz, including journalists. 

what a lot of fuss over absolutely nothing. People clearly love to make a drama out of nowt. 

Of it is one of his funders so to speak...then what are they getting? Something for nothing?.

more to follow I think

15 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

It's a strange one. We're signing players I'd imagine he would go for, but then still having a load of foreigners signed who he doesn't particularly want...

What's holding back the foreigners?

35 minutes ago, al_bro said:

You may have egg on your face soon. I hope you are prepared to make an apology to this board and Simon Corney. Plus a large donation to Playershare.

Believe it when I see it. There will be no apologies. Pure speculation from me based on my observations 

Archived