We'll probably have a new manager in place for Bastard Rovers - who do you want?

Of those strongly linked - who do you want as manager?  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Of those strongly linked - who do you want as manager?

• Wellens
    • Seedorf
    • Correa
    • Stubbs
    • Davies
    • Someone else

Wellens for me but I'd be happy enough with Correa.

I don't think Seedorf is really on the cards although I'd be fine, more than fine, with it if he came.

I'd still rather have Wellens though and I think SC/AL or whoever would be making a mistake to not see to what extent he can build on his start...

If the wheels fall off sharpish they can still replace him.

You'd normally argue we can't sign any players anyway until January but we seem to be getting round that of late :grin:

I don't fancy Stubbs one iota.

Billy Davies could be very good if he's got his head straight.

Albeit it's only Ibby who's mentioned Dowie but that ship sailed long ago for me. He's been out of the game too long.  

Edited by HarryBosch

Wellens could have just chosen the most first team player he could to selflessly enhance his career prospects but IMO did the right thing by the club and gave many of the fringe/subs bench a runout.  A great gamble that paid off and leaves the club in a better position, in more ways than one.

After tonight I am in the Wellens camp.

But as Monty burns has copyrighted .....    "It's Clarance fucking Seedorf"

Would not be unhappy with Seedorf and Wellens has his assistant.

Just now, Twisbrogan said:

Correa as director of football & Wellens as first team/ head coach.

Correa's always managed though hasn't he? i.e. never been a Director of Football... 

Makes sense though if it's the done deal it's always appeared. 

Keep the Wellens momentum going then Correa to come "downstairs" if/when it grinds to a halt. Win/win. 

I'd have no problem with Wellens being our boss.  Although I reckon he wouldn't be the new owner's first choice so he might be under constant pressure.  It might suit all parties if he bided his time and take the reigns after the next manager.

As long as they're a crazy and entertaining person playing crazy, entertaining football I'd be happy.

And not Steve Evans.  Please for the love of God not Steve Evans.

18 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Correa's always managed though hasn't he? i.e. never been a Director of Football... 

Makes sense though if it's the done deal it's always appeared. 

Keep the Wellens momentum going then Correa to come "downstairs" if/when it grinds to a halt. Win/win. 

Even with three wins out of three and how impressive he's been in dealing with the media, I'm not sure that Wellens will be the one that determines what we do in the next transfer window. It still seems set up for Correa simply because he's long rumoured but I think they'll now feel compelled to keep Wellens involved somehow.

Wellens has had a good start, but of course it won't always be like this. I reckon an experienced manager (probably Correa) with Wellens number 2. Considering he's only just got into this coaching/managing malarkey I reckon Wellens would be more than happy with that and his time will come I'm sure. 

6 hours ago, leeslover said:

I've said before, surely the prospective new owners have very specific plans including the development of the overseas players. Be a hell of a chance them deciding some local lad they've never heard of was the.man to lead the project. 

If your looking at it like that I suppose his position is little stronger than the one Shez was in, despite the results.