League Tables 18.11.2017

Bristolatic

Best (and worst) performers [Rochdale (h)]

Premier League

Most Points: Bristolatic, LaticsPete & SAV (6)

Nearest Attendance: No one within 100, so no attendance points scored

Highest Climber: Bristolatic (+2)

Biggest Fall (but, again, not much of a fall): Ex_pat, nzlatic, astottie, rosa & BP1960 (-1)

Championship

Most Points: Stainrod (8)

Nearest Attendance: AK’s11 (+21)

Highest Climber: AK’s11 (+5)

Biggest Fall: oafcmetty (-7)

ajw65, dave_ragg1984, LT_SMASH, RobOAFC, Scapegoat & warwickshire latics failed to post their predictions.

i2X2vIO.jpg?1

JvsK7PM.jpg?1

If anyone can tell me why two identically sized spreadsheets, both cropped to the same size, come out like this, I'd be grateful.

Edited by Bristolatic
I can't explain it

Phew. At least we're out of international weekend and back to the real point of football - predicting certain particulars of the outcome online for no good reason.

I can't see past Dave Collinge at the moment...unless Gravity Grave has cooled his wildchild rookie tendencies and is ready to be a man. I'm not rushing to the bookies though.

Good to see nzlatic living the high life after last season's success. What's the game all about if you can't have a fuck it attitude the season after you win? What time does he have for predicting when he's got a guest spot at any nightclub up and down the country there for the asking whenever he wants? When can a man study the form when he's being pestered by seaside slags and smalltown hoodlums for autographs and selfies day and night? 

4 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

Best (and worst) performers [Rochdale (h)]

Premier League

Most Points: Bristolatic, LaticsPete & SAV (6)

Nearest Attendance: No one within 100, so no attendance points scored

Highest Climber: Bristolatic (+2)

Biggest Fall (but, again, not much of a fall): Ex_pat, nzlatic, astottie, rosa & BP1960 (-1)

Championship

Most Points: Stainrod (8)

Nearest Attendance: AK’s11 (+21)

Highest Climber: AK’s11 (+5)

Biggest Fall: oafcmetty (-7)

ajw65, dave_ragg1984, LT_SMASH, RobOAFC, Scapegoat & warwickshire latics failed to post their predictions.

i2X2vIO.jpg?1

JvsK7PM.jpg?1

If anyone can tell me why two identically sized spreadsheets, both cropped to the same size, come out like this, I'd be grateful.

Could you go back to the old format of highlighting where our points came from?

It's a right pain in the arse checking you've got it all right (even though you always have :grin:

2 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Could you go back to the old format of highlighting where our points came from?

It's a right pain in the arse checking you've got it all right (even though you always have :grin:

Sod off! :tongue1: 

Yes, I can, actually. It just takes a while longer, so I've been doing a quicker version since my wife and I have come out of hospital. We weren't in together, but it's taken a lot out of our lives these last few months.

Give me another week or so, and I'll go back to it.

14 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

Sod off! :tongue1: 

Yes, I can, actually. It just takes a while longer, so I've been doing a quicker version since my wife and I have come out of hospital. We weren't in together, but it's taken a lot out of our lives these last few months.

Give me another week or so, and I'll go back to it.

I feel bad now.

I thought you'd been out long enough to not be doing half a job anymore :lol: but didn't know about your wife.

Hope you're both well on the mend...

5 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

And I still can't work out why the two tables are different widths on my laptop, but the same widths on my phone. I blame Donald Trump.

As much as I would love Donald to be blamed for this can you just leave him alone, he has his work cut out trying to irritate the North Koreans to the point of them nuking somewhere

On 11/19/2017 at 4:56 PM, 24hoursfromtulsehill said:

Phew. At least we're out of international weekend and back to the real point of football - predicting certain particulars of the outcome online for no good reason.

I can't see past Dave Collinge at the moment...unless Gravity Grave has cooled his wildchild rookie tendencies and is ready to be a man. I'm not rushing to the bookies though.

Good to see nzlatic living the high life after last season's success. What's the game all about if you can't have a fuck it attitude the season after you win? What time does he have for predicting when he's got a guest spot at any nightclub up and down the country there for the asking whenever he wants? When can a man study the form when he's being pestered by seaside slags and smalltown hoodlums for autographs and selfies day and night? 

Having a tough time trying to break away from mid table and join the leaders who are setting a hot pace.  But I love a challenge.

This is probably the most difficult time for predicting in all the years this competition has been running with the number of goals going in at both ends and some unpredictable results.  Some are willing to put their necks, titles, reputations on the line. Some, well...

22 hours ago, nzlatic said:

Having a tough time trying to break away from mid table and join the leaders who are setting a hot pace.  But I love a challenge.

This is probably the most difficult time for predicting in all the years this competition has been running with the number of goals going in at both ends and some unpredictable results.  Some are willing to put their necks, titles, reputations on the line. Some, well...

I respect you because there’s no direct evidence that you bought your title but I don’t see this season as being any more difficult than any other. If anything I’d fancy my chances more in a volatile situation. I won my last title in late February by reeling in 11 points against the betting...when no one else picked up points. Not many players in predicting history have done that...and certainly not decisively.

This isn’t the most difficult season by a long way. The best player has retired and the only one to match him is largely living off past glories, spending more time on polishing his lucrative sportsman’s dinner tall tales and such. If you’re finding it difficult, it’s because of all the nightclub personal appearances you’re doing. That goes with the territory as Champion. Enjoy it, but don’t forget what got you there in the first place. 

15 hours ago, 24hoursfromtulsehill said:

I respect you because there’s no direct evidence that you bought your title but I don’t see this season as being any more difficult than any other. If anything I’d fancy my chances more in a volatile situation. I won my last title in late February by reeling in 11 points against the betting...when no one else picked up points. Not many players in predicting history have done that...and certainly not decisively.

This isn’t the most difficult season by a long way. The best player has retired and the only one to match him is largely living off past glories, spending more time on polishing his lucrative sportsman’s dinner tall tales and such. If you’re finding it difficult, it’s because of all the nightclub personal appearances you’re doing. That goes with the territory as Champion. Enjoy it, but don’t forget what got you there in the first place. 

11 points was not bad, but instead of trawling through betting sites and going for a punt to catch up. I just used my skill to pick up 12 points in October. Laticsbiffo also picked up 12 points the previous week to that. That was all in the "spit the dummy season" when you didn't get the big points for attendance.

9 hours ago, Ex_pat said:

11 points was not bad, but instead of trawling through betting sites and going for a punt to catch up. I just used my skill to pick up 12 points in October. Laticsbiffo also picked up 12 points the previous week to that. That was all in the "spit the dummy season" when you didn't get the big points for attendance.

You're such an OBSESSED fucker. 

Sure there've been bigger hauls. That wasn't my point. If you were an actual champion, you would've got my point instantly. Instead, you're a "champion" from the era of the highest bidder, so you don't know what I'm talking about. Dave Collinge and even nzlatic know that my point was about going against what everyone else had done and getting the big points. That was worth more than the 11 points themselves. It was demoralising for everyone else. They looked at the weekly scores failing to come up with an answer to the question: "Is there anything I can do apart from paying Stevie J and Bristol to beat this guy?" 

I still get asked by primitives like yourself whether I sold my soul to the devil in return for the magic.

The retired pundit has a point, if someone had the time and the inclination to go back through the archives. I think they might find that all past champions, including those who won the amateur division and the championship will have picked up points when others have struggled to score.

It's why I went with my gut and predicted against the crowd twice in recent games. If I hadn't had been late with my Bastards prediction I might not have bothered to do that twice.

The season isn't won in November but it can be lost.

19 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

The retired pundit has a point, if someone had the time and the inclination to go back through the archives. I think they might find that all past champions, including those who won the amateur division and the championship will have picked up points when others have struggled to score.

It's why I went with my gut and predicted against the crowd twice in recent games. If I hadn't had been late with my Bastards prediction I might not have bothered to do that twice.

The season isn't won in November but it can be lost.

See? Even the Ayatollah of Average gets it. It's one of the things that sets me and Dave Collinge apart. The herd goes one way and we go the other. They take the piss out of us. When they realise what's happening it's too late. 

Anyway. Rude's schoolboy errors at least show boyish but well placed enthusiasm. Unfortunately for him this is a man's game. @me, rosa.

13 minutes ago, 24hoursfromtulsehill said:

Anyway. Rude's schoolboy errors at least show boyish but well placed enthusiasm. Unfortunately for him this is a man's game. @me, rosa.

I'm on a final warning after calling Ian Wright a twat and sexually harassing Eoin Doyle, I'm not getting a permanent ban for calling you a cunt online when it's so much more rewarding saying it to your face while running off with your crutches.

10 minutes ago, rosa said:

I'm on a final warning after calling Ian Wright a twat and sexually harassing Eoin Doyle, I'm not getting a permanent ban for calling you a cunt online when it's so much more rewarding saying it to your face while running off with your crutches.

Booooo. The crutches are gone so you'll have to think of something else. 

Just now, rosa said:

Excellent. We look forward to stepping up your rehab by making you run up Tandle Hill.

This is gonna descend into a diversity and inclusion nightmare...where you take offence at every opportunity and non-opportunity to accuse me of disparaging wimmin, and I get persecuted because of my disability. Minority oppressed groups like us should stick together.