Eoin Doyle. Blood clot?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't be the end of the world if Byrne was out of our reach,surely the signing of Mceleney wil have been motivated by the possibility of Byrne leaving.

As much as i rate Byrne  and love watching him play,it does kind of come at the expense of others.

For example Gardner seems to have become simply a link from defender to Byrne, maybe Mceleney partnering Gardner will create a more balance midfield.

I am just hoping that as unfortunate for the lad as it is,Doyle's injury frightens off potential suitors and keeps him in contact with us.

22 minutes ago, archiecat said:

I am just hoping that as unfortunate for the lad as it is,Doyle's injury frightens off potential suitors and keeps him in contact with us.

If it’s as bad as Mike Keegan has suggested and he’s going to be out for a while, he’s no use to us. Who’s going to score our goals between now and March/April?

Doyle has been fantastic for us and I would absolutely love him to come back on a permanent in the summer but we need to bring in a goal scorer very early in the window and get firing again.

1 hour ago, adamoafc said:

May mean dropping Gardner and playing to out and out wingers. Mceleney seems to have a good engine on him just hope we can keep him fit. 

Have we got one out and out winger at the club? We've got a few players who can play wide and who can either beat a man or put over a cross but not both AND nobody who can do it on a regular basis. 

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

If he doesn't want to extend Byrne's loan, then he should resign immediately...

Do we know if there has been any friction between manager & player to warrant Wellens not wanting to extend? Apart from Byrne being disappointed when being hauled off.

Just now, Lee Sinnott said:

Just been told (up to you guys whether or not you believe it) that Doyle is having an operation on his shoulder pretty imminently. That is where the clot is. Best case scenario is 10 weeks out. Worst case scenario is 4 months...

Pointless hanging any hope on a return to us this season then as I said this morning.

Lets get into the market for someone else and reassess his situation in the summer.

15 minutes ago, oafc_lover said:

Pointless hanging any hope on a return to us this season then as I said this morning.

Lets get into the market for someone else and reassess his situation in the summer.

At 10 weeks I could be tempted... could be desperate for his goals by March but 4 months would obviously rule anything out till summer