Eoin Doyle. Blood clot?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wellens seemed a bit tetchy in his interview this morning. 

He said it would be difficult to keep Doyle now because of his injury. It sounds like this started from a shoulder injury and  he'll be out for a while.

On the other loanees, he was gushing in his praise for Bryan and said he wants him to stay but, unless I missed it, he didn't mention Byrne.

7 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

What a shame this all is (and of course most importantly, I hope ED is ok)

looks like no takeover and no Doyle or Byrne......what could possibly go wrong?

No takeover...yet, and I wish Doyle the very best of luck with a hopefully speedy recovery. I cannot imagine him going anywhere now, except to back his parent club. It could be that once he does recover, interests from other clubs has waned and Latics get the opportunity to sign him. Who knows?

18 minutes ago, Andy Perimeter West said:

If it's true about his illness why isnt it on the official seems a bit strange maybe a RW special tactic to keep poachers away ha obviously not but odd its not official

I’d imagine Preston have a lot of control over the details as he is there player and i’m sure they want to control everything to do with him. Doyle prob hasn’t even been at Oldham since the problem arose and will be getting treatment via Preston’s medical team. Especially with clubs after him when the window opens!  

Like i said..storm clouds are gathering!!!

Its dreadful for Doyle, hope he gets back to health soon.

On the takeover front...slow...hmmmmm..sounds like there is a problem to me..abdullah knows the clubs on its arse..which puts mr corney in a very awkward bargaining position...sorry i meant a very weak position..he will be getting squeezed..and the other 2 jokers will not like that ..

I can see Abdullah pulling out and the club very quickly going into admin.

3 minutes ago, rigsby said:

Like i said..storm clouds are gathering!!!

Its dreadful for Doyle, hope he gets back to health soon.

On the takeover front...slow...hmmmmm..sounds like there is a problem to me..abdullah knows the clubs on its arse..which puts mr corney in a very awkward bargaining position...sorry i meant a very weak position..he will be getting squeezed..and the other 2 jokers will not like that ..

I can see Abdullah pulling out and the club very quickly going into admin.

Your a proper little bundle of joy, you are. Go on, try a smile; you'll enjoy it.

In the meantime, let's hope that Eoin Doyle's illness/blood clot is not as serious as it could be and he recovers quickly. I wish the lad all the very best in his recovery.

Edited by Bristolatic

35 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Thinking about it our medical team may have made the initial diagnosis but want it confirming by people who have seen a few blood clots on Ultrasound before.

I agree, there is something odd. As you said previously it is about the easiest diagnosis to make on ultrasound. If it is a primary DVT then 3 months anticoagulation which means earliest he could play contact sport again would be April.

Since he joined I don’t think we have won a league game when Doyle hasn’t played....happy to be proven wrong! Let’s hope Duffus makes a wonder return after his equally weird pleural effusion.

7 hours ago, BARNS said:

I agree, there is something odd. As you said previously it is about the easiest diagnosis to make on ultrasound. If it is a primary DVT then 3 months anticoagulation which means earliest he could play contact sport again would be April.

Since he joined I don’t think we have won a league game when Doyle hasn’t played....happy to be proven wrong! Let’s hope Duffus makes a wonder return after his equally weird pleural effusion.

Congratulations thats ten pounds for four corners....  eyes down...

9 hours ago, we hate man,u and city to said:

Wellens suggesting that he might not even attempt extending byrnes loan because he has dissapointed in recent weeks. I think he's being serious but, i think some on here will say he's talking BS just because he knows he does'nt want to come back. 

If he doesn't want to extend Byrne's loan, then he should resign immediately...

31 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Agreed.  If he's way out of our price range then fair enough, but not wanting him would be very strange.

McEleney might end up filling his role, but it won't be easy and I'm not counting on it.

To be Fair with Byrne, we thought after Palmer we wouldn’t get another midfielder like him and we did, so not worried if he goes plenty out there. Start of his loan he was superb but then I’m sure most will agree he has took his foot of the peddle in the last few weeks. 

Dont get me wrong i would have liked him to stay but plenty more fish and all that! Hoping Mcleaney can fill the gap 

1 minute ago, oafc_lover said:

Going only off the YouTube clips posted, they look like completely different types of players so I wouldn’t expect McEleney to directly replace Byrne.

More likely we’ll change our style a little.

May mean dropping Gardner and playing to out and out wingers. Mceleney seems to have a good engine on him just hope we can keep him fit. 

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I wonder if Byrne's reputation of causing unrest in the camp at previous clubs has resurfaced? Pure speculation I know but, if it has (a big "if" maybe), could it be a reason? 

Who knows, but the Plastics refusing to let him play in the Cup suggests they wanted him back, either to play him or sell him on. 

Time will tell. Well, the next 3 days will.