Today's S*n 2-page spread article

Just think it's a bit harsh doing an article like that 6 months into the new owners reign when he's been trying to sort out all the shite (and making a few mistakes, granted) left from the previous regime.

Keegan had years to do that article. What happened to his Brass Bank Special?

2 hours ago, Macca said:

What does Mike Keegan, a fan of OAFC get out of printing lies about the club he supports?

I know there are a lot of fans that like to make rubbish up about players joining or that they've seen nearby but a fan to put out such a negative article out about the club he supports. You just wouldn't do it if it wasn't true surely. Why would you want to potentially damage the club further?

To shine a light on what is actually going on at the club if its lies which it probably isnt then he could be sued.

Their are clearly problems at our football club and anyone not acknowledging that is burying their head in the sand. 

Edited by GlossopLatic

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

To shine a light on what is actually going on at the club if its lies which it probably isnt then he could be sued.

But he must have an absolute shit load on Corney and has let that go on for years but chooses to hang AL to dry at the first opportunity. Strange behaviour from a so called fan.

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

But he must have an absolute shit load on Corney and has let that go on for years but chooses to hang AL to dry at the first opportunity. Strange behaviour from a so called fan.

That's a really good point. Or, perhaps he didn't (or did and kept quiet) and now feels he needs to compensate out of a strange sense of guilt for not knowing/keeping quiet.

Whatever the truth, two things stand out for me. We're in a bad place (literally - L2) and AL is the only game in town. We have to hope he makes a sensible appointment as manager and get behind both that person and AL. We'll know by October or so whether the club has stabilised and is on an upward path or whether Kusunga's doomladen scenario is coming to pass, I would think.

9 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

He was more than critical on more than one occasion of corney and his pals their was an article from around December 2015 that highlighted this I cant find the link where he criticised the land ownership amd the lack of willingness to sell the club on to potentially good owners.

9 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

That's a really good point. Or, perhaps he didn't (or did and kept quiet) and now feels he needs to compensate out of a strange sense of guilt for not knowing/keeping quiet.

Whatever the truth, two things stand out for me. We're in a bad place (literally - L2) and AL is the only game in town. We have to hope he makes a sensible appointment as manager and get behind both that person and AL. We'll know by October or so whether the club has stabilised and is on an upward path or whether Kusunga's doomladen scenario is coming to pass, I would think.

Dont think we will need to wait until October I think come kick off in August we will know what ALs intentions are. The team amd manager lined up will give us a good indication of where we are going.

His actions over the next 2 months will tell us this better than any communication of a plan.

Edited by GlossopLatic

31 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

He was more than critical on more than one occasion of corney and his pals their was an article from around December 2015 that highlighted this I cant find the link where he criticised the land ownership amd the lack of willingness to sell the club on to potentially good owners.

.....that was in the Independent, written by Ian Herbert;

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/oldham-athletic-the-land-just-matters-more-than-the-club-a6828216.html

30 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

His actions over the next 2 months will tell us this better than any communication of a plan.

....for the immediate future, yes..... but for the medium/long term, no.

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

.....that was in the Independent, written by Ian Herbert;

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/oldham-athletic-the-land-just-matters-more-than-the-club-a6828216.html

....for the immediate future, yes..... but for the medium/long term, no.

My mistake re the article thanks for clearing that up.

If AL cant deliver a top 7 team and manager for next season I wouldnt be particularly confident in him delivering any long term commitments such as any stadium redevelopments.

Edited by GlossopLatic

44 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

If AL cant deliver a top 7 team and manager for next season I wouldnt be particularly confident in him delivering any long term commitments such as any stadium redevelopments.

....I'd rather there be a solvent League club in 5 years time, than AL dump a load of wasted money on #FrenchLads that sees us relegated / in Admin.... this is why I think we should want to know what his Plan - Short, Medium & Long term - is, so we [via the Trust] can encourage him to ensure the former remains true.

Don't waste £11,500 grand a week on a Menig..... pump that money into the youth system, scouts, coaches & find us more Tarky's. Then, don't sell them for a bag a balls and some new nets when you've found a good one.

Edited by lookersstandandy

The 

27 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

....I'd rather there be a solvent League club in 5 years time, than AL dump a load of wasted money on #FrenchLads that sees us relegated / in Admin.... this is why I think we should want to know what his Plan - Short, Medium & Long term - is, so we [via the Trust] can encourage him to ensure the former remains true.

Don't waste £11,500 grand a week on a Menig..... pump that money into the youth system, scouts, coaches & find us more Tarky's. Then, don't sell them for a bag a balls and some new nets when you've found a good one.

Quite frankly if it just went towards paying the staff on time that would be a massive improvement it would certainly moral within the club.

£500k at this level can go along way if you use it properly.

44 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

I'd rather him pump a load in on players who should get us up. Have a proper go, if it goes tits up then it goes tits up - but let's have a bash at it.

7 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

I assume business isn’t your strong point? ?

I'm looking at is as a game - not as a business.

Give me what Blackpool recently had  (premier league and back again, funded by a bastard) any day compared to years of naff all. I may be in the minority but football is just a game. I'd rather have a go.

Edited by pukka

10 minutes ago, pukka said:

I'm looking at is as a game - not as a business.

Give me what Blackpool recently had  (premier league and back again, funded by a bastard) any day compared to years of naff all. I may be in the minority but football is just a game. I'd rather have a go.

Lighten up - it was a joke

30 minutes ago, singe said:

Seems like we are going to running  a very tight ship, and more people might be willing to talk.

https://twitter.com/glynbilly/status/1006125976089169920 https://twitter.com/glynbilly/status/1006125976089169920

Yeah, it is true. The guy that tweeted that is the club's postman - dunno who told him, but I have text someone and they said yep it is true.

Did we also know the kitman got sacked last month....?

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Yeah, it is true. The guy that tweeted that is the club's postman - dunno who told him, but I have text someone and they said yep it is true.

Nor the Accountant.

Also.

3 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

So the mole was the Postman all along....!!!!!!!!! :wink: