Today's S*n 2-page spread article

3 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

How is it unreasonable that the trust at least know there might be a conflict? They should know the details of this already. Is he employed by the club. Is he on the payroll. When did it start. Will he step down. Etc etc

The Trust knew that there wouldn't be a conflict.

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

FTFY that seems more accurate 

I give up....we are all adults and if the voluntary work Simon was doing to help our club for free...yes free, conflicted it would have been raised.

I have posted on another thread, we have been given an update and there will be a Trust announcement soon.

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

FTFY that seems more accurate 

I'm not going to get into this. People are allowed to consider a job offer without issuing a press release about it. We knew the situation and what the scenario would be if if it happened.

On 10/06/2018 at 11:02 PM, Worcester Owl said:

That's a really good point. Or, perhaps he didn't (or did and kept quiet) and now feels he needs to compensate out of a strange sense of guilt for not knowing/keeping quiet.

Whatever the truth, two things stand out for me. We're in a bad place (literally - L2) and AL is the only game in town. We have to hope he makes a sensible appointment as manager and get behind both that person and AL. We'll know by October or so whether the club has stabilised and is on an upward path or whether Kusunga's doomladen scenario is coming to pass, I would think.

56 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Article in the oldham times. Seems to be jumping on the bang wagon off my. Greghan fears for club, but absolutely no substance to the story.

Bang wagon? I think you may have stumbled across a business idea for remote farming communities there. 

26 minutes ago, samgoafc said:

Unimpressed with the Oldham Times' Latics coverage.  Three articles in the last four weeks.  Nothing on Baxter signing or Wellens leaving (other than several days later in the article linked above).  The Chron seems to have more coverage but tends to be rehashes of official site articles.  The MEN seems to have had more interesting stories on the whole.

18 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

Unimpressed with the Oldham Times' Latics coverage.  Three articles in the last four weeks.  Nothing on Baxter signing or Wellens leaving (other than several days later in the article linked above).  The Chron seems to have more coverage but tends to be rehashes of official site articles.  The MEN seems to have had more interesting stories on the whole.

Lee Sinnott's my main source of news these days.

14 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

What a complete waste of time.  “No shit” is the obvious response to that article.  An exercise in stating the blindingly obvious.

Yeah, but at least they made a bit of an effort and spoke to a former player...

The articles that just rip off quotes from the official site are worse.

It wouldn't take much in the way of resources - a phone and a bit of imagination and a young reporter looking to make a name for themselves as a sports reporter - to get a fresh Latics story out every day.

16 hours ago, laticsmarra said:

As a member of the Board it would be interesting to get confirmation from the Trust if they are satisfied that all "sackings" have followed the legal requirements of employment law.

Seems like a very odd expectation of the Trust to me, especially as no one seems to have alleged that such legal requirements haven't been met.

Just now, Stevie_J said:

Seems like a very odd expectation of the Trust to me, especially as no one seems to have alleged that such legal requirements haven't been met.

Yep. Just another example of assuming the worst possible scenario at every turn of events. 

49 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

48 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Yep. Just another example of assuming the worst possible scenario at every turn of events. 

The mail article stated that 3 members of staff had departed and are considering taking the club to a tribunal. As a director I am sure that Simon and the Trust would not want to be party to acts that are unlawful. The role of a Director covers responsibility for all aspects of a company and cannot be restricted according to the Companies Act,even though they may appear to be engaged in a non executive capacity.

For the record I am looking forward to the new season,new grounds to visit,new manager in place and new players to support.We are however going through a period of huge change which brings with it huge risks as well as fantastic opportunities.

7 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

The mail article stated that 3 members of staff had departed and are considering taking the club to a tribunal. As a director I am sure that Simon and the Trust would not want to be party to acts that are unlawful. The role of a Director covers responsibility for all aspects of a company and cannot be restricted according to the Companies Act,even though they may appear to be engaged in a non executive capacity.

For the record I am looking forward to the new season,new grounds to visit,new manager in place and new players to support.We are however going through a period of huge change which brings with it huge risks as well as fantastic opportunities.

That's between individuals and the Club. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/06/2018 at 8:01 PM, Dave_Og said:

During my OASIS days I once received a letter headed 'Official Complaint'.  He was furious that his promised monthly newsletter - hard copy, hand posted etc. - was late.  I sent him his membership fee back.  Some of these whinges about the Trust seem awfully familiar.

Was just looking in a long forgotten place for Trust membership details when I  stumbled across this little gem.

9rn_hFqgHw0XIOF11UjzZ5dXArALGl13idupLDhw

Edited by singe