Colchester United (h)

26 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

All I want is Lang and Surridge to be given a chance, Surridge doesn't need anyone to do the donkey work he puts himself about and can look after himself, please don't give O'Grady the credit for what Surridge invariably fashions himself. We were 100% a more dangerous attacking unit the minute O'Grady walked off the pitch today. I'd even contemplate playing Surridge as a lone striker to accommodate Baxter in the midfield behind him.

We have a new Pawel’s law for assists ladies and gentlemen. 

11 minutes ago, kev1969 said:

We was well on top at 1.2 then there number 9 goes down with head injury then gets up and scores.....Something needs to be done about head injuries player should go off to be looked at by doctor to stop the false ones like today was a joke 

Correct that's twice we've been on the arse end of unsporting behaviour and teams effectively cheating to take the pressure off, if it's going to happen why give them the ball back? Sods law they go directly down the other end and the cheat puts it away, if your gonna turn possession back over to them kick the ball dead to the corner not to the goalkeepers hands, still saying all that it was piss poor defending but was a shit way to concede.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Dummigan in on the right for me ASAP, Lang given a chance up front in his favoured position alongside Surridge and get Baxter in that midfield because we ticked today when everything went through him, it also allowed Gardner to play further up the pitch were he is far more effective.

I’m pretty sure I’m a recent interview Lang said he preferred playing deeper and cutting in, running at the defence rather than playing up front. 

Guest Stanley30

Pretty disappointed it’s taking Baxter this long to get fully fit. Surely that’s what preseason is for? He still looks too heavy at the mo, so the question has to be what are the fitness coaches doing? I’m not having this year and a bit out BS. He needs to get his head down and get on the pitch

3 minutes ago, Stanley30 said:

Pretty disappointed it’s taking Baxter this long to get fully fit. Surely that’s what preseason is for? He still looks too heavy at the mo, so the question has to be what are the fitness coaches doing? I’m not having this year and a bit out BS. He needs to get his head down and get on the pitch

Wasn't Baxter struggling with a minor leg injury over the summer? He had 2 years away from football, I'm not that surprised he's not fully 100% match fit yet. 

6 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

game over 

6 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

They’ll stick all their men behind the ball. We don’t have the quality to break these sort of sides down. If i was there i’d go home.

6 hours ago, deckyd said:

Our set pieces are very poor.

5 hours ago, latics22 said:

Game over

5 hours ago, PlayItLivo said:

This is infuriating.

Fuck this team. Colchester are awful and we're 2 down against them.

Even getting a draw is an abhorrent result against these.

5 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

This game sums up why we wont get promoted. Error prone and toothless.

5 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Disgraceful defensive performance fucking wankers

Perhaps you dived in too quickly huh? Defensive mistakes sure, but what a spirited fight back.

Support your team, always.

Supported the team the whole game. the first half our set pieces were poor, in another post on this forum I held my hands up and said what do I know to the post you have quoted and made reference to the fact we scored from two set plays in the second half.   An observation regarding set pieces does not mean I do not support the team the whole game! 

In reply to above post!!

Edited by deckyd

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Perhaps you dived in too quickly huh? Defensive mistakes sure, but what a spirited fight back.

Support your team, always.

Celebrating a point against Colchester has to be a new low. The fan base mentality on here is so weird. You’d all be happy with a 22nd place finish. 

Strange this league, I keep thinking we play shocking... but still think we have deserved more out of games. Even today we were two goals down twice and I still thought we were the better team whilst still being pretty shit.

definitely needs to sort his tactics out at home, different style of play, more on the front foot. And I think we need to sacrifice O Grady and maybe even a midfielder to accommodate Baxter. Away from home it works well as results have shown. But that first half was shocking... only the O Grady chance sticking out which he should have scored. Too many sideward and backwards passing with nobody taking a risk until the last 10 mins.

Defence were all over the place and the goals we conceded were comical and our own doing. Playing Lang on the wing at home doesn’t seem to work, nepo is a much better outlet and Taylor improves and plays much better with him in front. 

Surridge is different gravy though and let’s just hope we can keep hold of him without anyone buying him. Will easy get 20 goals if he stays fit. 

If we can sort home tactics out then we will be there or there abouts... the teams in this league aren’t great.

15 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Celebrating a point against Colchester has to be a new low. The fan base mentality on here is so weird. You’d all be happy with a 22nd place finish. 

There's plenty of weird on here for sure and you would be at the top of many a list.

Whose celebrating then? Reel the quotes off. 

9 hours ago, oldhamoafc said:

But that first half was shocking... only the O Grady chance sticking out which he should have scored. 

Surridge had a good chance in the first half from Lang’s headed pass just before the break. 

Edited by TheBigDog

17 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Saying you'd go home if your team goes two down is a lot lower. I don't like the name calling on here otherwise I'd call you an attention seeking twat. Last attention from me, ignore function going on.

Guest Stanley30
1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

Wasn't Baxter struggling with a minor leg injury over the summer? He had 2 years away from football, I'm not that surprised he's not fully 100% match fit yet. 

Not good enough. He’s a footballer not a rugby league player so fitness wise he needs to be better. I’ve watched an RL have his appendix out and play 2 weeks later. He needs to up his fitness and get on the pitch for us

For what its  worth I thought todays performance was nothing better than ok . There team were physically bigger and we struggled to cope. There centre forward was a complete  ,mard arse  and the play acting leading up to their goal was piss poor. Even my dad (81 yr old ) said calm down  as I berated the soft get. Noriss will score a load of goals at this level but will never be  better unlike Surridge who will definitley play at at a much higher level. The come back in the last 5-10 mins showed our spirit.

Baxter must be in the starting 11. he has a calmness on the ball. Even if he looks unfit he's head and shoulders above anyone else in midfield. Also play wingers on their right side !

Lang on the right Branger on the left. its not rocket science !  The crossing will be far better if theyr're not cutting in all the time. Old fashioned I know but get to the fucking by line !!

59 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

If you can’t be happy about a point when you’re 2 goals down with 5 minutes left then football aint for you. 

55 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

That equaliser sounds like it killed you! ???

Onto your point. It is weird isn’t it. . 

Expect im not happy with 22nd. 

I’m happy at being sixth. 

Oooh. Aren’t I awful. ?

Oh. . When. . The. . . Bluuuuess.

Go. . Marching . . In. 

1 minute ago, nzlatic said:

If you can’t be happy about a point when you’re 2 goals down with 5 minutes left then football aint for you. 

I'm with you but Clarke was celebrating in front of us and I'm thinking it's effing Colchester . Finish them off.

7 minutes ago, dids said:

I'm with you but Clarke was celebrating in front of us and I'm thinking it's effing Colchester . Finish them off.

Harsh mate. 

We all hate it. But we’re on our arse. There’s enough in life to down about. 

Lets enjoy the positive. 

We were dead with 5 minutes to go. An yet we got a point. Could be a big point- a point that keeps our momentum and feels more like a win than a draw

Edited by League one forever