Colchester United (h)

This team has some fight in them.   Brilliant come back.  They had nothing and scored 3, we helped with 2 of them.  We never stopped running, lack of quality we make up for in effort.  

Another day we win this game 3-0. 

MOM is Surridge.  Spirit in this side is good.  Feel sorry for Lang, cost us the first goal ando his head went down, taken of at half time, hope someone puts an arm round him.

By the by, said the set pieces were poor (first half they were terrible) we scored from two set pieces second half..... what do I know!

Edited by deckyd

20 minutes ago, deckyd said:

This team has some fight in them.   Brilliant come back.  They had nothing and scored 3, we helped with 2 of them.  We never stopped running, lack of quality we make up for in effort.  

Another day we win this game 3-0. 

MOM is Surridge.  Spirit in this side is good.  Feel sorry for Lang, cost us the first goal ando his head went down, taken of at half time, hope someone puts an arm round him.

Taylor was the problem first half absolutely shocking, Lang should of stayed on for me and Baxter for either Missilou or O'Grady (still don't see what he brings). Individual errors by Edmondson and Lang for the first, Taylor heading a ball out for a corner that was going dead for the second and two defenders jumping for the same ball for the third.

Still they have some spirit but a like for like sub at half time is a worry and we attacked them at will when O'Grady went off, Baxter putting his foot on the ball was the difference though and we picked  holes in them for fun with him in the midfield, home record is poor though and something needs to change if we are to challenge. 

Oh and we'd be fucked without Surridge. 

Edited by yarddog73
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Taylor was the problem first half absolutely shocking, Lang should of stayed on for me and Baxter for either Missilou or O'Grady (still don't see what he brings). Individual errors by Edmondson and Lang for the first, Taylor heading a ball out for a corner that was going dead for the second and two defenders jumping for the same ball for the third.

Still they have some spirit but a like for like sub at half time is a worry and we attacked them at will when O'Grady went off, Baxter putting his foot on the ball was the difference though and we picked  holes in them for fun with him in the midfield, home record is poor though and something needs to change if we are to challenge. 

Oh and we'd be fucked without Surridge. 

Should be Baxter to start, probably at home, rather than O'Grady and hopefully Bunn will have seen enough to realise that. Fucked without Surridge...what does it matter?...he plays for Latics. I would say the majority of teams have a player like that in their ranks.

3 minutes ago, Handsy said:

Really entertaining game  for me if we cut out the mistakes we win that game easily I thought they were the best team we have played and  the never say die attitude will bring more positive results through the season

Two games scoring three in the second half.
As you say, cut out the defensive errors and the outlook would be better.

Surely the majority must feel we are doing Ok considering our recent times.

Mistakes will be made but that's fine if they learn from them. Its early days but we are in 6th position within touching distance of the leading 3, if we can stay in and around this position until Christmas then have a solid second half of the season we could see a promotion / play off push.

Bunn, Rhodes, Baxter and even Clarke are an infectious bunch who seem genuine chaps, they wear their hearts on their sleeves and come across well on media too.

They are the types of people we need around the club.

After 9 games its a positive start for me.

Edited by maximus1267

13 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Should be Baxter to start, probably at home, rather than O'Grady and hopefully Bunn will have seen enough to realise that. Fucked without Surridge...what does it matter?...he plays for Latics. I would say the majority of teams have a player like that in their ranks.

Said it yesterday mate. Baxter has to start at home. Play o’grady away. 

The games when we come from behind are always fun on here. Full of rubbish this and hopeless that. Then once we come from behind those posters conveniently disappear or suffer temporary amnesia. 

Just a shame we only came from behind to win once last season.