Northampton H fixture

So it's a fiver a ticket for the last game of the season against Northampton. 

Whilst I applaud AL for the sentiment and efforts to create a better atmosphere if we need a win I'm a bit confused over his decision making precess. 

IF we still have a chance of gatecrashing the playoffs, then surely a bumper crowd would attend anyway and if he hasn't a pot to piss in then why reduce much needed match income at this point by so much? 

Surely it makes more sense to wait until after the weekend, and make a call then. 

If results go against us then sure reduce prices to try and finish the season on a high.... If we win then maybe reduce prices to a tenner and a fiver for kids if he wants to ... Still attract some floating fans but double your income. 

My view is its probably another feeble attempt to try and get some credibility back with the fans... Short term as usual with no long term planning. I'm sure we will need every penny we can get to keep things going over the summer. 

However maybe I'm wrong and he is genuinely trying to build a few bridges? 

Whatever he's still a knob and seems to have little business acumen. 

6 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Whilst I applaud AL for the sentiment and efforts to create a better atmosphere if we need a win I'm a bit confused over his decision making precess. 

IF we still have a chance of gatecrashing the playoffs, then surely a bumper crowd would attend anyway and if he hasn't a pot to piss in then why reduce much needed match income at this point by so much? 

Surely it makes more sense to wait until after the weekend, and make a call then. 

If results go against us then sure reduce prices to try and finish the season on a high.... If we win then maybe reduce prices to a tenner and a fiver for kids if he wants to ... Still attract some floating fans but double your income. 

My view is its probably another feeble attempt to try and get some credibility back with the fans... Short term as usual with no long term planning. I'm sure we will need every penny we can get to keep things going over the summer. 

Yeah, he should increase the price, grab the opportunity!

.....deary me. 

There are legitimate reasons to have a pop at the owner... this isn’t one of them. 

15 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

🤦🏻‍♂️🙄 some people love a moan. 

Edited by super_blue

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Yeah, he should increase the price, grab the opportunity!

.....deary me. 

There are legitimate reasons to have a pop at the owner... this isn’t one of them. 

Your missing the point somewhat. 

It's not what he's doing it's why he's doing it! 

He's an egotistical prick who seems to just want to be perceived as "the big man" within the circles he mixes in. He's made numberous rash, nonsensical commercial decisions demonstrating this which have negatively effected our club.

If you can't see this is just another attempted smokescreen to win over a few fans short term then your deluded! 

2 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

He's an egotistical prick who seems to just want to be perceived as "the big man" within the circles he mixes in. He's made numberous rash, nonsensical commercial decisions demonstrating this which have negatively effected our club.

If you can't see this is just another attempted smokescreen to win over a few fans short term then your deluded! 

So do you actually know the fella OR is this just your own opinion?

8 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Right....and according to you Mr Dale at Bury is honest and open. 

As I said earlier in the thread... 

Just now, Londonboy said:

Just my opinion based on what I've read and seen to date. 

If you have any opinions you can share in support of his financial acumen, or in support of the way he manages the club then feel free to do so! 

Which have nothing to do with this last match offer, which needs to be set up in plenty of time... before we know our results.

At least try and think about it a little bit.

2 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Just my opinion based on what I've read and seen to date. 

If you have any opinions you can share in support of his financial acumen, or in support of the way he manages the club then feel free to do so! 

How much does he stand to lose on this offer?

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

How much does he stand to lose on this offer?

Who knows eyresy....but he would need to more than treble the number of non season ticket holding supporters attending  just to break even.

I just hope he's got enough cash to get us through the summer..... 

53 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Who knows eyresy....but he would need to more than treble the number of non season ticket holding supporters attending  just to break even.

I just hope he's got enough cash to get us through the summer..... 

Monday's game was a cracker. If people turn up because of the offer, like what they see and decide to come back it could bring financial rewards further down the line. 

If it's an attempt to placate fans over his running of the club, it's pointless. 

• Like 1

I kind of understand the reason for posting , there is a naive commercial angle which may lose the club short term revenue if we have a chance of playoffs on the final day...however he also is massively lacking Season Ticket holders so he may have seen this as a way of encouraging sign ups...however there is also then a commercial angle that a savvy season ticket holder may hold off signing up because next year we may have a few £5 pay on the days which devalues the reasons to buy a season ticket in the first place 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Magic Mikey said:

If it's an attempt to placate fans over his running of the club, it's pointless. 

Not really. A lot of the extra fans there against Mansfield are probably totally unaware of his running of the club. 

If they enjoy themselves again a few might buy a season ticket (especially if the discount period is extended) or pay on the day come August. 

I agree with the original post though - it seems daft to me. If we need a result to secure the playoffs we'd get our biggest home attendance of the season at the normal price. 

I worry there's an element of it not mattering for one reason or another (none of them good) 

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

Not really. A lot of the extra fans there against Mansfield are probably totally unaware of his running of the club. 

If they enjoy themselves again a few might buy a season ticket (especially if the discount period is extended) or pay on the day come August. 

I agree with the original post though - it seems daft to me. If we need a result to secure the playoffs we'd get our biggest home attendance of the season at the normal price. 

I worry there's an element of it not mattering for one reason or another (none of them good) 

My only concern is a get to the end of the season and do a Chris Moore if we do or don’t go up

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

Exactly. So if they're unaware of his running of the club they won't be angry about it and won't need placating. 

6 hours ago, Londonboy said:

I'm sure Billy said it wouldn't be possible to make a call on this just a few days before the start of the game due to the Northampton tickets or something, that's the reason they haven't waited.

6 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

I'm sure Billy said it wouldn't be possible to make a call on this just a few days before the start of the game due to the Northampton tickets or something, that's the reason they haven't waited.

Correct. 

1 hour ago, oafcshuck said:

Not just that, but for us too. We've already had a fair few people that had bought Northampton tickets and are now rightfully asking for refunds, if we had left it until next Wednesday, then we would have had loads more and it is just a nightmare for us

Not only that but 3 days is hardly enough time to promote discounted tickets effectively

Only Latics fans could nitpick about cheaper tickets... 😉:) 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OAFCBilly said:

Only Latics fans could nitpick about cheaper tickets... 😉:) 

I’m sure a few of the ‘nitpickers’ would rather we just get more money in so we can pay some bills and wages and survive the summer break. 

13 minutes ago, maddog said:

I’m sure a few of the ‘nitpickers’ would rather we just get more money in so we can pay some bills and wages and survive the summer break. 

You'd hope that 20/30 grand either way won't be the difference between life or death...