Joe Royle Stand and the OEC

8 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

The nerve of someone who slates AL at any given opportunity to use the words "without giving the full picture" is absolutely priceless 😂 😂 😂

As for constantly defended...again...your ability to read fails you. I've criticised AL on numerous occasions.

I've numbered your waffle to make answering you as simple as it needs to be:

1) It is down to Corney and his reign of cancer that leads to the situation where he's potless and begging AL for money. Corneys mess...nobody elses. He did this. You're struggling with this though. If we are run correctly, Corney doesn't go begging for money or players off AL. Really is as simple as that 👍

2) Adding to the mess because he gave Corney money??? 😳 You really are showing yourself up now. The alternative was there'd be no club now. Don't you get this??? Are you really really that incapable you can't understand this??? Court dates, unable to pay players, embargos left right and centre and club bank account frozen. It takes a special kind not to understand this.

3) He appointed Bunn to win fans over. You will find posts where I've said sacking him at the time he did was probably unfair as it looked as though Bunn had turned a corner. Your blinkers won't be able to see that I wrote that criticism of AL though.

4) More lies for likes. Never said AL hasn't interfered in the past. I've said in his 2nd spell PW said he had stopped interfering which showed signs he was learning. But you know this but are a wind up merchant 👍

Funny to see you using angry CAPS in a post then call others defensive and say a forum isn't for them. Keep up with the comedy 😂

I was taking the piss out of you son. .

probably went over your head. 

Your fascination with Corney is becoming a real worry.

We. Understand. Corney. Left. Us. In. A. Mess. I’m.Talking. About. AL. 

Did AL have to bring loads of sub standard players in on vastly inflated wages to save the club. .  Or was he being a billy big bollocks. Do you get that????? (How many question marks do I need to accentuate my point? I’ve gone with 5 here.) 

Did AL have to buy the club, or did he want to? 

Was the court dates etc AL’s problem, or could he walk away. 

The point is this.

You paint a picture of a guy who’s has made mistakes, but ultimately is worth giving a chance to because what’s the alternative? 

I’m saying. 

Id rather watch us in non league, or as Phoenix club than have the current or former regime running club. 

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Fanny Adams said:

Fair play to you BB for giving a balanced arguement, but you forget that a lot of people know PW personally to know what really went on. 

Oh, I know he goes out drinking with certain folk. And then gets invited to a cosy FLG event. Makes going on the radio, when he's already left and stating "to be fair, it didn't happen the 2nd time" even more bizarre. Absolutely nothing stopping him stating AL meddled the 2nd time if he had. 

5 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Oh, I know he goes out drinking with certain folk. And then gets invited to a cosy FLG event. Makes going on the radio, when he's already left and stating "to be fair, it didn't happen the 2nd time" even more bizarre. Absolutely nothing stopping him stating AL meddled the 2nd time if he had. 

Maybe he just doesnt want to completely burn his bridges? 

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

The point is this.

You paint a picture of a guy who’s has made mistakes, but the club was so fucked under Corneys reign that it will take years to unravel, at mass expense and at a far higher cost than he imagined from day 1 leaving any original plan in tatters

I’m saying. 

Id rather Oldham Athletic Football Club died and enjoy a whistlestop tour being big billy bollocks in non league, or as Phoenix club than have the current or former regime running club

FTFY 👍

9 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

A bit like when Al said he knew the North Stand wasn't included when he purchased the club. 

Only to then come out and say he didn't know it wasn't included, making his first statement even more bizarre.

Absolutely nothing stopping him saying he knew it wasn't included the 2nd time.

2 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

FTFY 👍

Far higher cost? Like signing Menig on £11k a week and Doyle/Byrne/Bryan on more than that combined? They were his decisions when he'd seen how much we were spending when he was propping Corney up.

3 minutes ago, Fanny Adams said:

Maybe he just doesnt want to completely burn his bridges? 

Not convinced.

Just now, sjk2008 said:

A bit like when Al said he knew the North Stand wasn't included when he purchased the club. 

Only to then come out and say he didn't know it wasn't included, making his first statement even more bizarre.

Absolute nothing stopping him saying he knew it wasn't included the 2nd time.

Personally, I think AL was duped into thinking the North Stand was included. Pretty stupid of AL not to make sure but who knows what stunt Corney pulled. None of us will ever know unless it does get to court. 

AL never would have wanted to admit that he didn't know the NS wasn't included as he'd look stupid. In the end, he did admit to it. It's really not the same as PW saying he wasn't meddling then changing his mind on it.

2 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Far higher cost? Like signing Menig on £11k a week and Doyle/Byrne/Bryan on more than that combined? They were his decisions when he'd seen how much we were spending when he was propping Corney up.

You'll have to ask him why he did that. Clearly that was his plan from day 1 to do that. He's also admitted he's made mistakes...I'd expect that is near top of his list.

6 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Not convinced.

Personally, I think AL was duped into thinking the North Stand was included. Pretty stupid of AL not to make sure but who knows what stunt Corney pulled. None of us will ever know unless it does get to court. 

AL never would have wanted to admit that he didn't know the NS wasn't included as he'd look stupid. In the end, he did admit to it. It's really not the same as PW saying he wasn't meddling then changing his mind on it.

You call it changing his mind, he says he has his reasons for saying what he said when he said it.

7 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

You'll have to ask him why he did that. Clearly that was his plan from day 1 to do that. He's also admitted he's made mistakes...I'd expect that is near top of his list.

But you can't make excuses for him spending more than he thought when he spunked that kind of money on 4 players.

2 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

You'll have to ask him why he did that. Clearly that was his plan from day 1 to do that...paying all of Corneys hidden debts wasn't. He's also admitted he's made mistakes...I'd expect that is near top of his list.

In the list of gripes people have about AL, how many of them are related to how much money he has left after having to deal with all Corney's shit?  

Not dealing with the pension contributions issues properly

The issue over not being able to offer finance on season tickets

Not engaging with the Trust

Not submitting the accounts on time

Players/staff leaving under mysterious circumstances, or being shunned/sent to train with youth team

Multitude of ex-employees having a real problem with how the club is being run

Not responding to SLA agreement for 3 months and even then doing it via a leak on twitter

Contracts for sub-standard overseas players

Creating dressing room unrest by having certain players reporting back on the actions of other players and management

Talk of him ruling by fear, a my way or the highway attitude

That's just a few I can think of off the top of my head.  None of it relates to budget or having to reduce the budget due to Corney.  I get that Corney was a twat and has shafted him.  I get the reasons for spending the money he did on the likes of Menig - it didn't work, but I get why he did it.  What I don't understand is how he is currently running the club - you can't pin those actions on Corney, they're his alone and they are alienating the fanbase massively.

4 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

But you can't make excuses for him spending more than he thought when he spunked that kind of money on 4 players.

If, for example, he came with £2m to spend which includes Menig (for whatever reason) in that...then spends another £1m on pop-up debts etc. on hidden shit Corney had then it isn't making excuses at all. I think it's pretty clear he's spent X amount outside whatever he originally came to OAFC to spend. And counting.

4 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

In the list of gripes people have about AL, how many of them are related to how much money he has left after having to deal with all Corney's shit?  

Not dealing with the pension contributions issues properly

The issue over not being able to offer finance on season tickets

Not engaging with the Trust

Not submitting the accounts on time

Players/staff leaving under mysterious circumstances, or being shunned/sent to train with youth team

Multitude of ex-employees having a real problem with how the club is being run

Not responding to SLA agreement for 3 months and even then doing it via a leak on twitter

Contracts for sub-standard overseas players

Creating dressing room unrest by having certain players reporting back on the actions of other players and management

Talk of him ruling by fear, a my way or the highway attitude

That's just a few I can think of off the top of my head.  None of it relates to budget or having to reduce the budget due to Corney.  I get that Corney was a twat and has shafted him.  I get the reasons for spending the money he did on the likes of Menig - it didn't work, but I get why he did it.  What I don't understand is how he is currently running the club - you can't pin those actions on Corney, they're his alone and they are alienating the fanbase massively.

All discussed aplenty elsewhere. Please research past discussions 👍

Echoooooooooooooooooooo.......

3 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Roughly translated to:

"Abdallah has made mistakes, I have admitted that in the past, but despite all the hideous mistakes he's made, and very much likely to continue to make in the near future, I am prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt again...and again...and again.

Why, you ask?  Because Corney is a twat."

3 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Fucks sake. This isn’t Chuckles Facebook group or the Labour Party - would you not rather debate/argue with them, show them for what they are than shut them down? 

I’m fairly certain it’s just one or two people so probably doesn’t make a difference either way. 

4 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Understood.  You don't have a response to my post so go straight back to childish insults again.  No worries, I'll leave it.

1 hour ago, boundaryblue80 said:

I know. How desperate must Corney have been 🙄

You do realise that it was AL's money to waste BTW.

IIRC Abdallah said he brought Menig to the club on high wages "as a gift for the fan". Are we saying that he was doing Corney a favour bringing Menig in rather than some other, much cheaper player? I think I'm confused.

38 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Not convinced.

It's not great on the bloke if the best thing you can say about him, after giving him huge benefit of doubt over all manner of things, is that he's a complete fucking idiot.

5 minutes ago, leeslover said:

It's not great on the bloke if the best thing you can say about him, after giving him huge benefit of doubt over all manner of things, is that he's a complete fucking idiot.

He has been a fucking idiot on some things. Never denied that. We also know Corney is a conman. Unless you, I or anyone else is involved, we've no idea what led AL to think the NS was included. Something highly illegal/fraudulent I'd expect...which with Corney, I would expect.

25 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Understood.  You don't have a response to my post so go straight back to childish insults again.  No worries, I'll leave it.

No. Clearly you haven't understood.

I haven't the time or inclination to re-write the many posts discussing those questions you asked. They exist elsewhere, as you know.

Archived