Oldham Athletic fans meeting....

OUR clubs fans are now more disillusioned by everything going on than ever before..

How can he have anybody on his side??he speaks absolute bollocks and only thickest of people can believe anything he says..

We need him out of our club but the only way is to stay away, starve him of your cash...

We should be looking forward to weekends and attending the games, it became a chore to go last season and after going for 37 years it hurts to say that...I no longer have a season ticket and my plan was to only attend away games but i find myself slowly slowly falling out of love with it and its all down to the wanker and his brother..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, fleetwood Blue said:

OUR clubs fans are now more disillusioned by everything going on than ever before..

How can he have anybody on his side??he speaks absolute bollocks and only thickest of people can believe anything he says..

We need him out of our club but the only way is to stay away, starve him of your cash...

We should be looking forward to weekends and attending the games, it became a chore to go last season and after going for 37 years it hurts to say that...I no longer have a season ticket and my plan was to only attend away games but i find myself slowly slowly falling out of love with it and its all down to the wanker and his brother..

This is the message people   its the only way,  hard as it is , if you don't do this, don't come on here and moan, day after day, same old

We are at a crossroads now

I've taken my path 

Put up or shut up

I think we need to be patient with what is happening at the club.

AL is running the club his way and at the moment there no alternative. We've asked for a fans meeting after what happened Post Scholes, we were told to postpone the meeting until the summer. Summer is over and we're now into the new season. No meeting is on the agenda and I doubt one will happen. He is dragging his feet over club accounts and is unwilling to talk to the FLG regarding the North Stand (will be a nightmare in there for a night game if there's no lighting for the kiosk area)

Until an alternative to AL forms itself properly there's not much we can do. AL promises one thing and then does another, he's unlikely to change his approach on a protest, he doesn't care.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Big un said:

Do you really believe that this guy has the resources to do all of above for a full season 

All I've heard is tales of shambles at BP today, selling cans off a table, come on ...

The football club needs money coming from sponsorship,  Advertising, transfer fees and more importantly through the turnstiles  and its here are the most important to the club.. so lets say all those who havent bought seasons tickets stopped going the club would have major problems.. so boycotting is never a positive forward step.

1 minute ago, Frankies6 said:

The football club needs money coming from sponsorship,  Advertising, transfer fees and more importantly through the turnstiles  and its here are the most important to the club.. so lets say all those who havent bought seasons tickets stopped going the club would have major problems.. so boycotting is never a positive forward step.

I’d do that if I trusted him to spend my money responsibly. But I don’t. So he’s getting none of it. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Macca said:

AL is running the club his way and at the moment there no alternative. We've asked for a fans meeting after what happened Post Scholes, we were told to postpone the meeting until the summer. Summer is over and we're now into the new season. No meeting is on the agenda and I doubt one will happen. He is dragging his feet over club accounts and is unwilling to talk to the FLG regarding the North Stand (will be a nightmare in there for a night game if there's no lighting for the kiosk area)

Until an alternative to AL forms itself properly there's not much we can do. AL promises one thing and then does another, he's unlikely to change his approach on a protest, he doesn't care.

Has anyone got any money to buy AL and co out ?? just wondered..

6 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

Ok what is done is done, re the season tickets 

It's about the statement,  basically what we are saying is that this guy is our life line and we must obey 

I'd rather see us out of business and playing on clayton than feed this guy   I'd happily go back then

1 minute ago, Frankies6 said:

BUT, its not the football club getting the money its him...

Any income is going straight into his back pocket and Bills are left unpaid, ex employees taking him to court for unfair dismissals are going to cost him so thats where your hard earned money will be going..

The money from selling George wont last forever and we need to apply the pressure on him by staying away, we are in a bad way and until people open their eyes and see what he’s doing before we end up like Leyton Orient did..

ask yourself, Why did he buy us? What is the attraction in buying a club with debt? What are his motives? Are we being used for laundering purposes? Why does he not believe in paying bills, taxes and pension contributions? Why are the crowds dwindelling?

1 minute ago, Big un said:

Ok what is done is done, re the season tickets 

It's about the statement,  basically what we are saying is that this guy is our life line and we must obey 

I'd rather see us out of business and playing on clayton than feed this guy   I'd happily go back then

Thats a crazy thought.. 100 + years up in smoke all because of Al...A consortium of fans with money puttkng a bid forward to buy AL out.. that's the only way to get him to hand over the reigns..

2 minutes ago, fleetwood Blue said:

Any income is going straight into his back pocket and Bills are left unpaid, ex employees taking him to court for unfair dismissals are going to cost him so thats where your hard earned money will be going..

The money from selling George wont last forever and we need to apply the pressure on him by staying away, we are in a bad way and until people open their eyes and see what he’s doing before we end up like Leyton Orient did..

ask yourself, Why did he buy us? What is the attraction in buying a club with debt? What are his motives? Are we being used for laundering purposes? Why does he not believe in paying bills, taxes and pension contributions? Why are the crowds dwindelling?

ok... We have a problem here, where are all the potential inverstors into our club, The big snag with buying OAFC is  they get very little for their money just as Abdallah has found out..so a buyer will need at least 10 million to trigger a buy out and where are these wealthy business men / women who want to buy our club ?

7 minutes ago, fleetwood Blue said:

these are question that can only be answered by one man im afraid... Simon Corney told the fans he wanted to sell BUT was struggling to atrract the right investors.. i dont Believe Corney wanted to see the club in any financial harm he just ran out of money , i think his turning point the last big tax bill he paid off...But yes we do need answers as to where he intends to take the club etc etc.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

The FLG really need to come out and say if they intend buying the owner out through a fans shares issue.

That may have some impact.

IF they are not , could potentiality be putting our club in harm's length.. They might be holding Abdallah over a barrel and that will only take the club nearer to administration 

14 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

Lads. The Grapes, Lees. 7.20

Lukers - you have my support and I will attend a meeting. I have no idea what it will achieve but I cannot stand by and just watch us stagger into the abyss. I honestly think we have a bit more about us than that.

I actually felt like crying at today's game. Not an exaggeration - I looked around at the sparse, very quiet home crowd and watched as Crewe beat us without getting out of 3rd gear. Chris Porter looked like a masterclass compared to our shite.

People around me were basically saying "Ah well... it's what I expected... the place is a joke etc."

At half time people were complaining of cold pies for £3.50 - even the official car park on the hospital was charging £5 - when you can go 100 yards and park on basically the same (hospital) car park for £3. It's an absolute fucking shambles and the place is being run like a chimpanzees' tea party.

I want some serious, direct action - but let's not pre-judge - hopefully many will attend your meeting and let's actually DO something.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Macca said:

Really - did you go today? It wasn't just the useless performance - it was the whole infrastructure, catering etc. - this regime is killing us - wake up!