Oldham Athletic fans meeting....

3 hours ago, fleetwood Blue said:

I thought that myself, we do need somebody on the inside to know what he is actually doing but how much is kept hush hush and has Darren now become a Lemsagam cheerleader because you know as soon as he challenges AL or his brother he will be removed from the board..

The trust have been kept in the cold with everything he has done since he took over and often only find out breaking news at the same time as every other fan, thats not there fault but it just emphasises how little AL thinks of them..

This has to be the best time for the trust to raise all of our concerns again as i know they have done so previously, things need to be done before its too late and we find ourself travelling to places like Barrow next season..

At board meetings don't the directors usually discuss the failures of business and who is responsible for them, with resulting action taken against those responsible?

Edited by BP1960

18 hours ago, BP1960 said:

The FLG really need to come out and say if they intend buying the owner out through a fans shares issue.

That may have some impact.

I think AL is so stubborn the last people he would sell to would be the FLG. He would rather see the club go into admin. At that point the FLG could take over if they have the money, but we will be in a very sorry state by then.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, al_bro said:

I think AL is so stubborn the last people he would sell to would be the FLG. He would rather see the club go into admin. At that point the FLG could take over if they have the money, but we will be in a very sorry state by then.

These are exactly my thoughts, but I’m starting to think it’s the only option

• Like 2

7 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Patient? For What? Hes going to turn this round is he.

"But we've no alternative" Yes we do tge FLG are waiting in the wings they won't be white knights in shining armour but I would rather take my chances with them.

As for a protest or a boycott We never actually protested against Corney and his mates perhaps had we done he might have gone earlier and sold us onto someone.

The only time we properly protested against anything was when the council rejected the planning permission for the Oldham Arena. That decision because we all came together got overturned. Alright that didn't get built but it was fans pressure that got the planning permission its just that Blitz, Corney and Gazal fucked it up. If we hadn't rallied together in 2003 the club would have died. How many games has our 12th man won us particularly away from home? We have more influence and power than we give ourselves credit for sometimes. If we come together and genuinely apply pressure we might get him out the club before he completely destroys it. He clearly has no money and what money we have we will be out of very soon Fan pressure might be thing that forces him out sooner rather than later.

The stakes couldn't be any higher right now. Our status as a football league club for over 120 years is under threat and with it the very future of the football club.

There were some, but the usual suspects (many of whom now defend Abdallah to the hilt) made smart comments and generally took the piss...

5 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

Stop trying to take this thread off topic with your anti Trust agenda. Like I’ve said previously, there’s room for the Trust and something independent. 

Anyway, back on topic. @Lukers1 - when you get over your hangover :lol: let us know the plan. 

Jorvik - I wasn't, and I`m not actually anti-Trust - I just want them to be effective in a time of real need.

My response was simply in response to the Trust rep's terse question to someone on here i.e. what would you do? - or something similar. I`m sick of a "supporters' body" being so impotent. For what it's worth, I`ll answer the question that the Trust rep raised i.e. what would you do?

a) I`d come clean and admit that the Trust is "supportive" of the FLG's intentions to purchase the land/ground - fine with that.

b) I`d therefore create a Trust/FLG alliance with a common goal - and ask all Latics fans to get on board

c) I`d then even go one step further and say the END GAME is to also "buy the badge/team".

d) We'd then have "the club", in its entirety, owned by one entity - and with a fans' share issue, the fans would have a stake in the club

e) In the interim, make sure that the club's obligations regarding payment of rent etc. are honoured - if they are not, act swiftly.

I`d certainly enthusiastically support something like this and would be willing to put energy and money (i.e. chip in to the fans' shareholding) into the cause.

What's the downside of something like that (?) - that's all I`m asking. At present we are in danger of walking blindly into the abyss - the place is an absolute mess in all regards.

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Dick_Valentine said:

About 200 of us had a meeting in April and fuck all happened. Vote with your feet! 

So this needs to be a lot more focused with one or two very specific, deliverable actions and/or demands rather than a long list of bollocks like that was. 

Also any such "group" needs to have one or two strong "leaders" speaking who can be to the point and get a message across rather than let it descend into the traditional OAFC thing of loads of cock measuring plantpots telling the room how long they've supported the club and raising silly points. 

"This is what we're doing, this is when, this is what we need people to help with, this is how we want people to get the message out......" - keep it that simple.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Latics and England said:

Stop the Rot, and latterly SAFE (Save Athletic's Future Existence) were the groups who actively protested to get rid of JW Lees and got involved when things were falling apart under Chris Moore. When the Trust first formed, it was really a follow on from SAFE. There are still quite a few from STR and SAFE who still go to games on a regular basis but plenty more who don't.

It was actually Secure Athletic's Future Existence.  The original thought was Save Athletic From Extinction, but we decided that was a bit alarmist... :) 

19 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

What is it going to take to get this ageing placid fan base up off their feet and to finally take action against an egoistical maniac who has ripped the very soul out of this football club?

A lot of "this ageing placid fan base" (not me) have done all this kind of thing before, and actually done it - Stop the Rot etc...

What is it going to take to get our young, angry fan base away from their phones thinking they've done their bit through a few tweets and a few messages on here? 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, peanuts said:

how about boycotting sponsers and letting them know in writing .worked to some extent furing chedgate now that would hit him ans his gang hard 

If we succeed in getting AL out those sponsors wouldn't want the hassle of sponsoring us under the next owner(s).... 

6 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

A lot of "this ageing placid fan base" (not me) have done all this kind of thing before, and actually done it - Stop the Rot etc...

What is it going to take to get our young, angry fan base away from their phones thinking they've done their bit through a few tweets and a few messages on here? 

Bang on.  KIG and his ilk just expect things to happen by magic.

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

Jorvik - I wasn't, and I`m not actually anti-Trust - I just want them to be effective in a time of real need.

My response was simply in response to the Trust rep's terse question to someone on here i.e. what would you do? - or something similar. I`m sick of a "supporters' body" being so impotent. For what it's worth, I`ll answer the question that the Trust rep raised i.e. what would you do?

a) I`d come clean and admit that the Trust is "supportive" of the FLG's intentions to purchase the land/ground - fine with that.

b) I`d therefore create a Trust/FLG alliance with a common goal - and ask all Latics fans to get on board

c) I`d then even go one step further and say the END GAME is to also "buy the badge/team".

d) We'd then have "the club", in its entirety, owned by one entity - and with a fans' share issue, the fans would have a stake in the club

e) In the interim, make sure that the club's obligations regarding payment of rent etc. are honoured - if they are not, act swiftly.

I`d certainly enthusiastically support something like this and would be willing to put energy and money (i.e. chip in to the fans' shareholding) into the cause.

What's the downside of something like that (?) - that's all I`m asking. At present we are in danger of walking blindly into the abyss - the place is an absolute mess in all regards.

That’s actually a really good post. I don’t think the Trust would ever do that so the next best thing is to focus attention on the next best thing. 

31 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I’m game for anything I don’t think this jab is totally fair..

7 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Is this the only two options available? FLG or AL ? We know AL shortfalls. The majority of us know fuckall about FLG !! They may have every good intention in the world. Have they got any funds ? Have they got anyone experienced enough or capable enough to run a struggling football club ? 

To answer my own opening question - there probably isn’t a third option then. Because from what I know (little) I’d take a risk on the third

Wheres all the local billionaires at ?  

What do you know? I'm a loss to understand why you'd prefer a 3rd option.

1 minute ago, HarryBosch said:

Great - now is your time. Get involved... 

The one thing that is needed is for something for the fans to unite under. The fan base is already fractured almost mirroring the situation unfolding behind the scenes at the club.

But I do think the tide is changing (fan base wise) especially on the back of the shambles yesterday. I’ve seen on Twitter that some banners were made for the Mansfield game but they weren’t used. I think they should be unfurled at the earliest opportunity.

RE: the North stand shambles whilst it is a nightmare, if everything was sorted on that side, with the team being so horrific, would anyone actively look to go into hospitality or even so pay on the day? We’re already 1k home fans down on the OPENING home game. It could be an ugly figure for the Exeter game.

We, as fans, need to be a lot more vocal at the ground. You are right Harry, screaming on social media can only go so far and i’m probably the most guilty in that aspect. Get the banners out at Bradford and vote with your feet at home.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Seriously?  FFS:grin:

Very serious Dave. I’m waiting for your inspired action or do you not really care? All you really do is sit on here all day and play devils advocate to every post possible. Your choice at the end of the day but there must be better things to do rather than actively taking joy out of people desperately looking for any solution to the on goings at the club. 

2 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Very serious Dave. I’m waiting for your inspired action or do you not really care? All you really do is sit on here all day and play devils advocate to every post possible. Your choice at the end of the day but there must be better things to do rather than actively taking joy out of people desperately looking for any solution to the on goings at the club. 

So your answer is to go to Bradford with banners while voting with your feet and staying at home.  Hmm

I had my go when you were in nappies and I have lived around 200 miles or more from Oldham for roughly twice as long as you've been alive but I still got involved.  Achieved f*ck all to be fair but it wasn't for the want of trying.  Your version of trying appears to involve posting stuff on here.  Well done.

• Like 1

This is getting abit Brexit now.

Everyone is pissed off young and old it shouldn't come down to one generation or other to sort it out it needs to be a collective effort. Other clubs fans can come together and get themselves organised so should we.

I agree with Harrys point further up a group needs to come together with a small and simple message nothing more nothing less.

Edited by GlossopLatic