Oldham Athletic fans meeting....

22 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Over the last few weeks, he's used words such as 'positive', 'surprisingly open' and 'encouraged' in terms of his dialogue with Al.

Darren wont be going against Al any time soon.

I asked him what he's seen that has changed him from being all for a protest to sticking up for them, we may have been missing something. All he came back with is that we're getting some transparency now. That's the best he could offer...

19 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Fans just need to vote with their feet, home and away, a total rejection of the regime.

Throwing tennis balls on the pitch or whatever won't make a blind bit of difference.

I know what you are saying, but it needs something unique to capture attention to  snowball into a bigger protest especiually those not on Twitter/OWTB  can join in. Particularly for those that have already paid.

5 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Trust board member in ‘seduced by owner shocker’ 

Groundhog Day.
The worst part was saying it was for the club to report the accounts.
Darren needs to properly report what he is doing and a broad outline. He can't reveal confidential info, I get that, but he is accountable to the members first, not the owner; he can't be a Director if he is not in the Trust. There must be best practice examples by other Trusts.

33 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Why is all the emphasis on Darren having enjoyed his birthday in his box (such as it was) and not on Friday night's (less than 3 days ago) Trust statement that was having a go at AL over the OEC situation? 

Some of my best and most fleeting moments have been in the box. 

53 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Why is all the emphasis on Darren having enjoyed his birthday in his box (such as it was) and not on Friday night's (less than 3 days ago) Trust statement that was having a go at AL over the OEC situation? 

He definitely did fill his face and say how wonderful the service was, we definitely don't have evidence he's had a go at AL. No evidence to suggest at all that Barry Jnr would put his place on the board at risk. 

Actions speak louder than the odd tweet. He chose to sit in there lapping it up and advertising how great it was. Sums it all up Trust wise. Suggest one thing but always always roll over.

Edited by Clifford

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Fans just need to vote with their feet, home and away, a total rejection of the regime.

Throwing tennis balls on the pitch or whatever won't make a blind bit of difference.

Attendances on the whole have been dropping for years (TTA and Corney cost us 3,000...apparently) and it hasn’t stopped the decline.

A total rejection would have to mean every fan stops attending, with some sort of protest running along side it, which I just can’t see a lot of fans getting on board with.

Blackpool and Charlton have at least got media exposure with their more visible protest. We’re sliding out of the league with barely a whimper..

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Who knew it was his Birthday. What food did you get...?

I predicted a year ago that we would be another Orient with all the foreign signings which does not work at this level coupled with now a foreign coach.

The clown picking the team we are doomed we need to protest now are we waiting until we are firmly rooted to the bottom of the league at Christmas?

On & off the pitch things are declining can anybody seriously see our owner turning things around?

28 minutes ago, Clifford said:

He definitely did fill his face and say how wonderful the service was, we definitely don't have evidence he's had a go at AL. No evidence to suggest at all that Barry Jnr would put his place on the board at risk. 

Actions speak louder than the odd tweet. He chose to sit in there lapping it up and advertising how great it was. Sums it all up Trust wise. Suggest one thing but always always roll over.

https://trustoldham.co.uk/our-home-2019-20/

Just now, HarryBosch said:

A mildly worded statement from the Trust. That is hardly having a go is it? Urging people to get together and discuss things. It is nowhere near where most fans think we should be at given the shambles going on.

Given Barry Jnr has had the opportunity to be face to face with the Lemon brothers I somehow doubt the tone of those conversations have been anywhere near 'having a go' levels. Those two will not tolerate challenge therefore the trust being on the board is pointless.

Worth stating the views of the trust may not be the views of Barry Jnr. I believe we have seen evidence of heads turning once they get onto the board.

Just now, Clifford said:

A mildly worded statement from the Trust. That is hardly having a go is it? Urging people to get together and discuss things. It is nowhere near where most fans think we should be at given the shambles going on.

Given Barry Jnr has had the opportunity to be face to face with the Lemon brothers I somehow doubt the tone of those conversations have been anywhere near 'having a go' levels. Those two will not tolerate challenge therefore the trust being on the board is pointless.

Worth stating the views of the trust may not be the views of Barry Jnr. I believe we have seen evidence of heads turning once they get onto the board.

I think we have different ideas of what the Trust is and what it can or can't do. 

3 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I think we have different ideas of what the Trust is and what it can or can't do. 

What it is willing or not willing to do I presume you mean.

It could carry on, lick arse, exist, keep the owners sweet or it could be a challenging presence and try to represent the views of the growing majority of fans.

If the Trust wanted to they could organise protest, action but they chose not to. There are no rules on what they can and can't do. 

Unfortunately it seems the trust have sealed their main purpose which was to get somebody on the board, think back only a few months and before the televised Mansfield game they was also talking about how we can protest against AL..

Apparently AL is now becoming more transparent but is this seems to be just to a select few and the rest of us who are still pissed off with the day to day running of our club remain in the dark, the trust are there as the fans representitives and rightly we should know what they know, no secrets even if AL says you cant disclose details..

We are in a rapid decline and until he starts listening or liaising with the FLG then its not going to stop until we hit non league, surely he can see the season ticket sales are down and wait until the Tuesday night game vs Exeter when i predict he will be lucky to see 3000 in the ground..

I’m worried about our future and i understand that if he walks away we will also be in a mess, who will want to pick up the pieces after the clown with the amount of things that have been left unpaid..

43 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Attendances on the whole have been dropping for years (TTA and Corney cost us 3,000...apparently) and it hasn’t stopped the decline.

A total rejection would have to mean every fan stops attending, with some sort of protest running along side it, which I just can’t see a lot of fans getting on board with.

Blackpool and Charlton have at least got media exposure with their more visible protest. We’re sliding out of the league with barely a whimper..

Can't get a bigger protest than your stadium being virtually empty.

Think the Oyston's would still be in at Blackpool if it were down to the football authorities although I admire the stance the fans took, Charlton ground looks fuller now they've had a good season...

Just now, fleetwood Blue said:

the trust are there as the fans representitives and rightly we should know what they know, no secrets even if AL says you cant disclose details..

Sorry but Barry Jnr stated on twitter "The Trust are there to support the owner make the best out of the time they are owners of our fooball club". 

No mention of representing the fans. No mention of challenge.

39 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Can't get a bigger protest than your stadium being virtually empty.

I think there has to be a protest running along side a boycott to explain why the stadium’s empty..

Boundary Park has looked virtually empty on the TV for years and no one in the media has ever raised it as an issue. Similarly I don’t think anyone would really have given a shit about Charlton or Blackpool playing in an empty stadium without the context..

If AL is managing to make some money, by whatever means, from OAFC he will remain. We have seen this with other owners at other clubs. Give them abuse, they stop going but still earn.

The only way to get an owner out is to hit them in the pocket.

Stop giving them your money. Support the FLG (when the time comes) and get rid of this clown. 

4 hours ago, Clifford said:

If AL is managing to make some money, by whatever means, from OAFC he will remain. We have seen this with other owners at other clubs. Give them abuse, they stop going but still earn.

The only way to get an owner out is to hit them in the pocket.

Stop giving them your money. Support the FLG (when the time comes) and get rid of this clown. 

He's already got the season ticket money this season. The gate receipts from home fans will be quite small each home game say 2 or 300 hundred decreasing every game, including over 60's and kids so perhaps an average of say £2k per game + profits from program sales etc. I doubt that's going to hurt when he's willing to turn £9k+ down from the boxes.

Newcastle fans have been protesting and boycotting for years, but Ashley is still there.

If the owners won't go, it's practically impossible to force them out.

If we the fans do protest, it has to be covered by the media, and I mean TV, and the pressure has to be kept up.  

1 hour ago, al_bro said:

He's already got the season ticket money this season. The gate receipts from home fans will be quite small each home game say 2 or 300 hundred decreasing every game, including over 60's and kids so perhaps an average of say £2k per game + profits from program sales etc. I doubt that's going to hurt when he's willing to turn £9k+ down from the boxes.

Newcastle fans have been protesting and boycotting for years, but Ashley is still there.

If the owners won't go, it's practically impossible to force them out.

If we the fans do protest, it has to be covered by the media, and I mean TV, and the pressure has to be kept up.  

Prem sides can operate off TV money alone. They could let people in for free. The club needs bums on seats. They take a lot of cash each home game.