Oldham Athletic fans meeting....

4 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

So your answer is to go to Bradford with banners while voting with your feet and staying at home.  Hmm

I had my go when you were in nappies and I have lived around 200 miles or more from Oldham for roughly twice as long as you've been alive but I still got involved.  Achieved f*ck all to be fair but it wasn't for the want of trying.  Your version of trying appears to involve posting stuff on here.  Well done.

Think you mis-read my point. Boycott the home games. Vocal at Bradford. They will get absolutely annihilated by Bradford.

Your main vice with me appears to me being 

A) Vocal

B.) Wanting Change

C) ‘Doing Nothing’

D) Being 20

What do you want me to do sit outside Boundary Park waiting for Abdallah and to then jump him?

Not one person is going to inspire any change the fans need to come together for once and senseless bickering on an online forum that represents a fraction of the fan base isn’t going to achieve anything.

Am I really the only young adult on here? You and others in nearly every post mention my age as if it makes me somewhat less of a fan.. Should I just pack it in?

2 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Think you mis-read my point. Boycott the home games. Vocal at Bradford. They will get absolutely annihilated by Bradford.

Your main vice with me appears to me being 

A) Vocal

B.) Wanting Change

C) ‘Doing Nothing’

D) Being 20

What do you want me to do sit outside Boundary Park waiting for Abdallah and to then jump him?

Not one person is going to inspire any change the fans need to come together for once and senseless bickering on an online forum that represents a fraction of the fan base isn’t going to achieve anything.

Am I really the only young adult on here? You and others in nearly every post mention my age as if it makes me somewhat less of a fan.. Should I just pack it in?

Simple.  You tell others what to do but do nothing yourself that involves effort. 

17 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

I think you are both losing track of the main issue due to your burning dislike of me. It would be futile to carry on discussing anything because we’ll just go round in circles. 

I don't dislike you as I don't know you.  If you think that things should be done then help the process but don't think you are achieving this by whining on here.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

What is it going to take to get this ageing placid fan base up off their feet and to finally take action against an egoistical maniac who has ripped the very soul out of this football club?

At 43 years young I suppose I qualify as one of the ageing placid fan base? Also as one of the forty or so that took the time off work to head down to Moore’s offices in Banbury and stand in front of the television cameras there to protest against the last proper wazzock to own our club I think I’ve managed to get up on my feet to do my bit over time. Have i got that same passion now as I did then as a 20 odd year old? I’m not sure I have. I might be tempted into a trip to Dubai, though I can’t imagine the Dubai constabulary will be quite as agreeable as Thames Valley plod were that day. 

Edited by Dick_Valentine
  • Like 1

It's time the trust get Barry Jnrs head literally out of the gravy and make a stand. The club is heading down hill far faster than it did under TTAs. The latest release from FLG clearly shows there is no real issues for the club using the North Stand.

The Trust are there to represent the fan but at the moment they seem more intent on kissing arse and as Barry Jnr said himself "advise the owner". They need to listen to the fan and IMO get behind the FLG.

I'm not going, many aren't going, the issue will be apathy and people won't care if we go bust. Corney was a slow death, this fella is going to leave us fucked. They don't care about the fan IMO, they don't care about the reputation of the club and i believe they don't overly care about the product on the pitch.

8 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Over the last few weeks, he's used words such as 'positive', 'surprisingly open' and 'encouraged' in terms of his dialogue with Al.

Darren wont be going against Al any time soon.

Too much to lose, as per....

We've gone from a trust with an almost militant approach to a group of passive sycophants, hard to explain the change of approach but it's very strange given what they were saying a matter of months ago especially given the present situation is arguably worse.

Edited by yarddog73
  • Like 1