Domestic scouting and recruitment

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

We were in League one when he was here ? So he personally has gone backwards. What don’t you get BP ? Surridge (good shout btw) and Lang have both progressed for example. Don’t take things too personal. 👍

Had some input with Iverson and Surridge, but not Lang.

My next recomedations on loan are both centre forwards, one deemed not good enough although doing well in his Premiership clubs u23s.

The other from a major championship club is one we are interested in I understand. 

Very highly rated so there will be competition, hence I've said we must sound his club out now.

One of my top contacts asked me to check out Beesley of Salford, but he's really one for the future not now and has gone on loan to Solihull. Don't write him off for that move though, remember George Edmundson took the non league loan route. 

2 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

You literally pulled up a tree when you gave us the gift of Cameron Burgess BP !! In fact I reckon a Dahlia would have been more comfortable on the ball 😩

I didn’t think I would ever see a more inept CB performance than Burgess v Carlisle then the Gods gave me Sefil

42 minutes ago, OAFC1984 said:

I didn’t think I would ever see a more inept CB performance than Burgess v Carlisle then the Gods gave me Sefil

Aye and as a result of that Burgess performance George was shipped out on loan to Alfreton Town :mmm:his loan spells at Alfreton and Fylde did him the world of good to be fair.

1 hour ago, OAFC1984 said:

You are correct on that one, but I don't write off  young players on one very  bad showing, particularly big centre backs and centre forwards who tend to mature with experience.

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

You are correct on that one, but I don't write off  young players on one very  bad showing, particularly big centre backs and centre forwards who tend to mature with experience.

Cmon BP I think we can safely write off Burgess...  he will not play any higher than league 1 in his career. He was a bad shout. 

4 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Cmon BP I think we can safely write off Burgess...  he will not play any higher than league 1 in his career. He was a bad shout. 

He wasnt all that bad, but he wasn't all that good. He'd still get into this team.

I mean compared to Sefil and Iacovitti he's Virgil Van Dijk.

17 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

If you think he will play as high as league 1 he will have done ok compared to our current position.

30 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

He wasnt all that bad, but he wasn't all that good. He'd still get into this team.

I mean compared to Sefil and Iacovitti he's Virgil Van Dijk.

I actually concur. 

Edit: I mean compared to the two you mention. Wouldn’t be a starter over Wheater or Egert tho. 

2 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I actually concur. 

Edit: I mean compared to the two you mention. Wouldn’t be a starter over Wheater or Egert tho. 

What has Egert done to get any credibility? He might be alright but there's pretty slim evidence to go on. 

17 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

If you think he will play as high as league 1 he will have done ok compared to our current position.

I don’t think he will. He MAY. That’s hardly progression. We need players of the ilk I mentioned earlier (SS & CL) to improve us. I think I’m being incorrectly labelled as some kind of AL supporter for some reason. I think the squad we have is mainly dreadful. I think the club is in a terrible state . I want to see winning football. That’s all. Hence I’ve only been to one match this season. 

To add to my post two above. I guess I’ve been trying to be positive out of sheer desperation. I posted the other day that the bet I’ve offered singe twice, regards us not being relegated, has now been withdrawn. I see the danger very clearly now. I’m worried for the future of my club. Of course I am. 

2 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

To add to my post two above. I guess I’ve been trying to be positive out of sheer desperation. I posted the other day that the bet I’ve offered singe twice, regards us not being relegated, has now been withdrawn. I see the danger very clearly now. I’m worried for the future of my club. Of course I am. 

Good on you. The more people that see the danger, and more importantly its source, the better. Our club is in grave danger, of that there is no doubt.

46 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Has he been out on loan before?

Yes.

Won't be coming anyway as was told he's not good enough.

I will let you know if he goes anywhere else during the transfer window. 

The other lad at 18yo hasn't been on loan before and is a current goal scoring England u19s international.

Archived