Administration

5 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I think fan ownership would kill us financially. Darren being in charge, no doubt with Barry in tow would be awful too

Finally, I think we have common ground, old boy.

Trust Oldham having anything to do with the substantial running of the club at any time in the future would be an unmitigated disaster. 

In the interests of our football club, please, Trust, take a back seat and leave well alone.

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, markgaston said:

Someone please enlighten me as to how Blitz has called for administration on a company he doesn’t own?

It’s all over OWTB but basically he has a charge on the club for money owed by them to him. He’s calling in the debt. 

4 minutes ago, markgaston said:

Someone please enlighten me as to how Blitz has called for administration on a company he doesn’t own?

any creditor can do so.  It would be an odd thing to call for admin on a company he did own.

1 minute ago, jorvik_latic said:

Even if there was, surely the intention to do it a month before the deadline has to be taken into account. 

Don;t think so.  There's no penalty unless and until it happens

http://boundaryparkstadium.co.uk/flg-update

With the worrying news emerging last week about the threat of administration at Oldham Athletic, we believe that it is right to make a statement as to the current position, stance and intentions of the Fan Led Group.

The FLG (Fan Led Group) has made numerous attempts over the last few months to speak to and meet with the owners of the football club, sadly all requests to meet have been declined by Oldham Athletic.

The FLG has a deal in principle agreed with Brassbank Limited to buy Boundary Park, and there is an offer of funding in place to secure this deal (£5m+ shown to PTB as per our meeting with them last year).

The deal is currently on hold whilst Brassbank resolve their outstanding issues with the football club around the outstanding debts. Once these issues are resolved then the FLG will move to complete the agreed deal to buy Boundary Park.

Should the football club enter administration then the FLG will be discussing all options with Brassbank and the administrators. We have made it clear from the inception of the FLG that the long term aim has always been to see that the ownership of the Club and of Boundary Park come back under the same umbrella and should the club enter administration and the ownership potentially change then we will look at all available options.

3 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

http://boundaryparkstadium.co.uk/flg-update

With the worrying news emerging last week about the threat of administration at Oldham Athletic, we believe that it is right to make a statement as to the current position, stance and intentions of the Fan Led Group.

The FLG (Fan Led Group) has made numerous attempts over the last few months to speak to and meet with the owners of the football club, sadly all requests to meet have been declined by Oldham Athletic.

The FLG has a deal in principle agreed with Brassbank Limited to buy Boundary Park, and there is an offer of funding in place to secure this deal (£5m+ shown to PTB as per our meeting with them last year).

The deal is currently on hold whilst Brassbank resolve their outstanding issues with the football club around the outstanding debts. Once these issues are resolved then the FLG will move to complete the agreed deal to buy Boundary Park.

Should the football club enter administration then the FLG will be discussing all options with Brassbank and the administrators. We have made it clear from the inception of the FLG that the long term aim has always been to see that the ownership of the Club and of Boundary Park come back under the same umbrella and should the club enter administration and the ownership potentially change then we will look at all available options.

Fair play, but can I suggest some different colours on your publications? I can’t quite put my finger on it, but that red, white & black looks too familiar and is making me nauseous 🤢

Would love the FLG to take over, boot this charlatan and his brother out and place a lifetime ban on Barry Owen.

That said, where’s the funding coming from?  Understand the purchase of land and stadium, reopening the OEC, pushing through more commercial activity etc but where’s the additional funding coming from to acquire and run the club?

Surely this now must mean the end of Lemsagam?

23 minutes ago, markgaston said:

Banks regularly call in administrators on companies that they don't own. Having a debenture gives you the right to call in an administrator. I am surprised you don't know this.

8 minutes ago, markgaston said:

I see it as the fulfilling of an agenda undertaken by a crook name of Blitz

If only chancer name of Abdallah had paid his bills, this ‘crook name of Blitz’ would have no chance of ‘fulfilling an agenda’. 

1 hour ago, markgaston said:

"We have been working hard since regaining control of Oldham Council to resolve the long running saga of Oldham Athletic. The deal reached will give the council an asset we can develop and allow the club to redevelop Boundary Park. We made this a priority.

We have been impressed at the dedication shown to the club by Simon Corney and we are hopeful a new stand complete with conferencing and other commercial activity will secure the long term future of Oldham Athletic for the town." - JIM McMAHON as Leader of Oldham Council, July 2011, following newspaper reports of £5.7 million cash injection of public funds by Oldham Council in to a private business.

With news of Oldham Athletic on the brink of administration and stories circulating in the national media of millions of pounds disappearing, including the planned 'conferencing and other commercial activity' predictablely not materialising, questions are once more being raised over the absence of care and attention paid by JIM McMAHON and Oldham Council with c£6 million pounds of public money. 

Some background for people who are trying to make sense of what has taken place. 

- In May 2012, Oldham Council paid the club £3.38m for a site in nearby Failsworth, called the Lancaster Club, but Oldham Athletic did not retain that money. Instead it paid the £3.38m immediately to a company owned by Blitz (previous owner). 

- Strangely, on the same day, Oldham Council made an additional payment to the club for the Lancaster Club site, of £1.2m, specifically to develop the North Stand. 

- The £1.2 million is in addition to the £700,000 grant the Council had given Oldham Athletic the previous year, also to build the stand and requiring the club to maintain community programmes and other social benefits.

- Oldham Council also renegotiated the club’s lease on its Chapel Road training facility on favourable terms.

- I am not the only person who has been unable to find any paperwork relating to the community programmes the football club undertook or how Oldham Council measured these 'social benefits' from a grant of just under £2 million to a private business. 

- It is now also common knowledge that Oldham Athletic do not own the new North Stand that was built using Oldham tax payers money.  

- As for the land the Council bought for £3.38 million, the scheme collapsed. It appears that the Council had purchased the site without market testing the viability of the scheme they had purchased the land for. 

- Lancaster Gate is now a housing development. As with other land sales involving JIM McMAHON whilst Leader of Oldham Council, I have been unable to source valuations at point of purchase and sale. 

This is a recurring pattern with Oldham Council. Those following my posts will know of the sale of GLODWICK BATHS during purdah days before AROOJ SHAH was up for re election. JIM McMAHON was also involved in this transaction where a public asset was sold below market value to declared associates of his now parliamentary assistant. 

Similar question marks also exist over the sale of Royton Youth Centre to Dr CHAUHAN, another one of Jim's close colleagues. And interestingly, the sale of land adjacent to Alexandra Park to Cllr SAHID MUSHTAQ's brother and business partner. Why interestingly? It seems he's building a commercial football facility there, something that the Council originally promised to build at Lancaster Gate!

- I'm also hearing there are also questions being raised over the purchase arrangements of at least one plot on this development. For clarification, this information was provided to me weeks ago and before news of Oldham Athletic's current predicament emerged a few days ago. 

Once again, as with numerous other schemes where tens of millions of pounds of public funds have been squandered on harebrained ideas, the debacle at Oldham Athletic is yet another example of JIM McMAHON playing fast and loose with millions of pounds of Oldham Tax Payers money. 

Unfortunately for Jim, because of what is now emerging, it seems that in this case at least, this is not just a case of wasting money that does not belong to him. 

People following my posts will know that JIM McMAHON has been liaising with the Serious Fraud Office. He's made this public. I am in no doubt that he has done so in an attempt to intimidate me because of my bringing to public attention what I consider to be severe failings by him and his stooges that run Oldham Council.

I think it's now well past time that those that currently claim to run Oldham Council, including Dr CAROLYN WILKINS and SEAN FIELDING, call in the SERIOUS FRAUD OFFICE regarding just short of £6 million belonging to the Oldham Council Tax Payer that was handed over by JIM McMAHON to Oldham Athletic.

Is this your piece of investigative journalism?

If so, you may want to re-investigate which legal entity bought the Lancaster Club.  Brassbank or OAFC?  As OAFC don’t own Boundary Park (Brassbank bought it from the Council in 2004) and as this was in effect a long-term bridging deal, I’d suggest that it probably follows that it was Brassbank who were the purchasers of the Lancaster Club.  

As fans, we don’t want the club to be separate from the Stadium/ land and it’s a bitter pill.  Blitz and Co prefer otherwise though which is why they used Brassbank as a holding company separate from the football club.  It’s logic therefore that they would do the same for the Lancaster Club.

The Council bought the Lancaster Club when the scheme fell through and gave a grant to cover for their ineptitude.  It therefore would seem legally correct for the sale proceeds to go to the entity that purchased it in the first place would you not agree?

Maybe it was a further administrative error sending the proceeds to the wrong entity (corrected contemporaneously as you’ve noted) and if that is what AL is building his case on, then I’d suggest he has little chance of success and has been very badly advised.

Archived