Fans locked out of friendly vs Wigan

Probably sensible in the circumstances. It was a joke at Ashton with the PA keep asking everyone to "socially distance"1

Pity though for us Latics' fans who want to watch the game rather than boycott in case AL uses all that money to cut the massive losses he makes each year?

Surely, he should sell to one of the many people everyone suggests are queuing to invest their fortunes in money pits of Second Division clubs who don't own anything. Oh, that's Latics.......I nearly forgot! 

Despite Covid, I'm looking forward to the rest of the friendlies and the start of the season.

27 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

I will never understand why fans attend friendlies anyway. A complete waste of everyone's time...

Same could be said for actually paying to follow the least successful team in English professional football.

44 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

I will never understand why fans attend friendlies anyway. A complete waste of everyone's time...

14 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

And money!!!

I can. 

Friendlies are part of the build up to the start of a new season. In a typical year they come after a break of twelve weeks or so after the end of the old season.

After that time many fans are keen to get back to the live football experience. And, as if we could forget, this season is exceptional in that the ‘live football’ gap has been close to eighteen months.

Friendlies provide an early opportunity for fans to see new signings out on a football pitch (and also, in our case,  the usual bus load of trialists)

Friendlies ease you back in to a routine that you will follow for the coming nine months. An early chance to reconnect with some football mates. 

They are a social event as much as anything.

Yes for the most part it’s not about the opposition or even the early performances on the pitch. But it also gives the players much needed practice and time out on a football pitch in a game situation and with a fans in attendance.

And they don’t actually cost that much money either.

I know a lot of fans who don’t attend friendlies but I can understand why some do. 

8 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Few beers, bit of vitamin D, take the piss, check to see whether Dave's key still has that funny smell..

Archived