Jose Baxter Baby retires

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I met him he was very helpful, maybe people took advantage of this good nature and clubs should do more IMO to take care of youths, who as Jose mentioned become bored after training and fall into bad habits.

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

I was at Huntingdon races yesterday and saw someone wandering round under a Torex umbrella.

Did you manage to persuade any wealthy racehorse owners to buy the club?

What happened to the one who was interested in us, but turned to rugby league instead, would he still be a proposition?

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Did you manage to persuade any wealthy racehorse owners to buy the club?

What happened to the one who was interested in us, but turned to rugby league instead, would he still be a proposition?

I have a large string of racehorses myself (16 at the last count) but I wouldn't be calling myself wealthy!  (or indeed claim to own all of them...)

Seems like Koukash prefers RL:

Marwan Koukash hints at rugby league return as he outlines 'special love' for Super League club - Manchester Evening News

I once was part of a horse racing syndicate. Our horse finished down the field on 10 consecutive occasions then our trainer ran it in a race 300 miles away giving us no indication of its chances. Being fed up of throwing away money I didn't have a penny in it, and of course it won....at 50/1.

19 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I once was part of a horse racing syndicate. Our horse finished down the field on 10 consecutive occasions then our trainer ran it in a race 300 miles away giving us no indication of its chances. Being fed up of throwing away money I didn't have a penny in it, and of course it won....at 50/1.

that defines horseracing - the glorious uncertainty

1 hour ago, whittles left foot said:

Nothing to do with a Mr Chris Moore then?

Nope because those issues would have been settled with the 3 crooks and the administrator. Also it wasn't Chris Moore who sold the club to Abdallah or it wasn't Chris Moore who created Brassbank to asset strip the club. That's like blaming the dinosaurs for Covid.

Just now, Canada_latic said:

Nope because those issues would have been settled with the 3 crooks and the administrator. Also it wasn't Chris Moore who sold the club to Abdallah or it wasn't Chris Moore who created Brassbank to asset strip the club. That's like blaming the dinosaurs for Covid.

Yu do know the club's assets had been sold long before they came on the scene?

17 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Yu do know the club's assets had been sold long before they came on the scene?

You do know they were bought back from the council to be part of the club under Brassbank? Then were separated from the club when 2 out of the 3 took their ball away and left Corney with the badge and golden share.

29 minutes ago, Canada_latic said:

You do know they were bought back from the council to be part of the club under Brassbank? Then were separated from the club when 2 out of the 3 took their ball away and left Corney with the badge and golden share.

Yep.  It was all part of the deal without which the club would probably have folded (and saved us all the grief).  They weren't separated from the club by Brassbank as they were not part of the club

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

bollocks.  No more so than any many other sports.  Anyone a big fan of Olympic Boxing?

So you’re telling me all horses are ridden to win every race entered…bollocks!!

There are exceptions but betting patterns tell you all you need to know. Trainers and owners tend to know when a horse is going in!

1 minute ago, oafc1955 said:

So you’re telling me all horses are ridden to win every race entered…bollocks!!

There are exceptions but betting patterns tell you all you need to know. Trainers and owners tend to know when a horse is going in!

Of course they are not.  That's very different to the whole sport being bent.  Here's an example from the meeting I was at yesterday.  A horse with absolutely no worthwhile form(unseated rider at second having made  blunder at first then tailed off last in two subsequent starts) won on its first run in a handicap.  Obvious conclusion - wasn't trying very hard to get its handicap mark as low as possible.  However its SP was 66/1 so clearly its connections did not have it off big time - the horse just made a mug of everybody.  Very few trainers are serious punters these days - it's too risky; how do they know that there isn't something equally fancied from another yard?  There are money and people involved so, yes, there are some dodgy dealings just as there are in every other walk of life where those two factors are involved.

A horse with absolutely no worthwhile form(unseated rider at second havingmade  blunder at first then tailed off last in twosubsequent starts) won on its first run in a handicap.  

I did say there were exceptions!😆

13 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

A horse with absolutely no worthwhile form(unseated rider at second havingmade  blunder at first then tailed off last in twosubsequent starts) won on its first run in a handicap.  

I did say there were exceptions!😆

well I wish I'd been in the know! :)

Just now, BP1960 said:

Joe Joyce was robbed of a gold medal.

Not remotely interested in boxing but the integrity of all sports is important.  Every week there are huge shocks in football but there is very little suspicion of throwing games.  No doubt it happens though

Just now, Dave_Og said:

Not remotely interested in boxing but the integrity of all sports is important.  Every week there are huge shocks in football but there is very little suspicion of throwing games.  No doubt it happens though

Used to happen when players were on low wages in the 1960s with several convictions.

Archived