Jose Baxter Baby retires

Strange feeling about this. See on one hand I have great memories of him being a prodigious talent infact probably the most naturally gifted player I have seen with the ball at his feet over the last decade plus, to pull on the blue shirt.

The otherside of me can't help feel he should have achieved so much more in the game. Either way we were the ones who saw the best of him.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, wroteforluck87 said:

one my favourite latics players an absolute joy to watch in his pomp also when ever we have friends round for a booze Alexa gets told to play "don't you want me baby" after a few gins.. 

Favourite Baxter moment?

Forest Away 💙

Forest away for me too, never have I been so sure the ball was ending up in the back of the net. Scenes

3 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Forest away for me too, never have I been so sure the ball was ending up in the back of the net. Scenes

My most memorable Baxter moment was the 'panenka' he did at Carlisle that was saved. 

"Today I announce my retirement from football

I write this today with lots of mixed emotions. But let me tell you about my roller coaster career.

From being a kid from council estate with dreams like everyone else. I set myself 4 goals / dreams at 13. I managed to tick 3 of by 20. Last one I never got to do

From playing in Premier league , Europa league , Captaining country at youth level, scoring at Wembley in Fa Cup Semi finals to playing hundreds of league games, traveling the world playing football and still sit here feeling down and I underachieved.

But my own silly mistakes got in the way and 3 years out the game at 21 coming back with my body never being the same was always a up hill battle.

I would like to thank every person who’s been apart of my journey. From my coaches at Everton (Tosh, Robbie, Neil , ray, Stubbsy, Taff, lloydy , Martin etc) as a kid to my first loan manager to every manager I had (Les Parry, Unsy, Paul Dickov, Paul Scholes, Nigel Adkins, Nigel Clough, David Moyes, Ryan Lowe ) , every set of fans I played for ( Everton , Tranmere, Sheffield United, Oldham, Plymouth, Memphis901) and mostly my family and friends (Mum , Dad, Liv, Cindy , Dave , Kim , Hana , Kim, Chairman, Unsy, Denise, Henry, my Nans, Peter & Col all lads from Peak performance ❤️ who stuck by me through the bad times as well as the good.

So if I could say some words my 13 year old self who had them dreams it would be

YOU LIVED IT SON.

Thank you

Jose"

17 minutes ago, philsalt said:

Seems he’s studying for his coaching badges and is working in the Everton youth setup. Bill Kenwright has clearly played a big role in keeping his life, relatively, on track. 

There's an argument that Bill Kenwright has helped actually keep him alive; he was going down a very slippery path after the Sheffield United ban. Love him, named our family pet after him in 2013...

• 1 month later...

Anyone seen that interview that has gone online that Baxter has done where he says that Corney promised him 50% on his sale to Sheffield United once he got the money he turned round and said it never happened. Barry and Neil Joy also denied this. Oh and the fee was £1.3million we got from Sheffield United.

Someone smarter than me please bring the video up its on social media. Its a nice reminder that our previous owner and his cronies were also shithouses.

17 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Anyone seen that interview that has gone online that Baxter has done where he says that Corney promised him 50% on his sale to Sheffield United once he got the money he turned round and said it never happened. Barry and Neil Joy also denied this. Oh and the fee was £1.3million we got from Sheffield United.

Someone smarter than me please bring the video up its on social media. Its a nice reminder that our previous owner and his cronies were also shithouses.

From about 23 mins 

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

2 hours ago, adamoafc said:

From about 23 mins 

Wow! I was listening to this half an hour ago. All those people that shouted myself, @oafcprozac and @lookersstandandy down over the years to name a few when we said that Corney and the other 2 were crooks! We told you so! But we were told by the appreciation society happy clappers that they were the amigos, the saviours and be grateful to have a club! These 3 crooks and shafters are the ones that have sent us down the path to where we are now! Remember that! Where did that £1.3 million go? Certainly wasn't on the club, probably the same place that Corney pocketed the Tarkowski sell on clause! As for Barry Owen and Neil Joy you are a disgrace to the club, for your part in this and our decline! They have the nerve to try and cosy up to fans after their part in this. So much for the BS of selling the club to the right person who can take it forward. He sold to the first clueless fool. I hate to say it, but Abdallah may have had a point about them being just as bad as him. I wonder if those idiots still have their Simon Corney T-shirts?

Not sure he when he referred to Barry it was Barry Owen. He said there was a Scouser called Barry who's lad was an Everton fan and he gave him shirts and boots etc. Not so sure you'd mistake Barry Owen for a Scouser. Perhaps someone might know if Corney had a Scouse mate called Barry. What I do know, it was Barry Owen who got Baxter to come back for the 2nd time so I don't think Baxter would have done that if Barry had indeed denied the deal. In fact Mo constantly had a pop at Barry over the signing of Baxter and blamed him for signing a player who's legs had gone.

Archived