OASF update

So @AdamMoralee started the meeting with OASF, by reassuring that AL confirms his commitment to fund the clubs shortfall. 

How did the meeting get past that statement?  Surely someone in the OASF asked “so why the EFL emergency loan” which has almost guaranteed our position of danger at the bottom of the league.  Obviously taking such a loan means AL is not prepared to fund the shortfall !!!

The failure to repay it similarly shows he is not committed to fund the clubs shortfall.  

I’m glad the OASF are moving to the next position and applying more pressure.  

Why did the club send Richard Bowen to the meeting with the OASF? Surely he as fans rep should be sitting on both sides of the meeting. 

What does “fans rep” even mean? How does Richard know what the fans want?  “Because he is a fan” does not give him the right to represent us when voting in a board meeting.  Surely he should have taken notice of the fans survey results and immediately jump behind the demands for the owner to sell up taking that message to the board.

8 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

I read it twice...still none the wiser

I could have told them Adam Moralee is a twat and Lamsagam won’t sell for a sensible price

They probably already knew that too its just that they have to follow process as outlined by the FSA. ( I believe it also maybe a legal requirement too)

18 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Why did the club send Richard Bowen to the meeting with the OASF? Surely he as fans rep should be sitting on both sides of the meeting. 

What does “fans rep” even mean? How does Richard know what the fans want?  “Because he is a fan” does not give him the right to represent us when voting in a board meeting.  Surely he should have taken notice of the fans survey results and immediately jump behind the demands for the owner to sell up taking that message to the board.

He's not actually a fans representative he is a fan of the club on the board I.e. a director who is also a fan, that will be there arguement why he doesn't engage with the fans more often. Although why he wants to be part of this and what he has brought to the party in the last 2 years I really don't know.

6 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

They probably already knew that too its just that they have to follow process as outlined by the FSA. ( I believe it also maybe a legal requirement too)

He's not actually a fans representative he is a fan of the club on the board I.e. a director who is also a fan, that will be there arguement why he doesn't engage with the fans more often. Although why he wants to be part of this and what he has brought to the party in the last 2 years I really don't know.

Am fascinated to get Bowden’s perspective. He is a fan and has no need to be loyal to AL. They have no long term relationship (to my knowledge) and has no vested interest in AL keeping control of the club (I assume he isn’t paid but he may be) 

what does he see within the club? He may know it’s a shit show but perhaps feels that him being there keeps certain things ticking over and stops  all our carnage (some how) and so is doing some good that we don’t see. Just a guess. 

1 hour ago, Pidge said:

As @GlossopLaticsays he is not a fans' representative. I can't say I really understand his role but it's not that

I do know people who interviewed for the position and ran away screaming... 

4 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

As @GlossopLaticsays he is not a fans' representative. I can't say I really understand his role but it's not that

I do know people who interviewed for the position and ran away screaming... 

Actually the page on the OASF website linked to above suggests that OASF think his role was of fans representative on the board and they were asking him about that role! That’s why I brought it up.

One worrying thing reported there is that he Richard is working on the clubs PR strategy.  That would suggest a conflict of interest if he still has any thoughts of being a fan. It looks like Richard may have done a BO and will be working for the club pulling the wool over fans eyes

5 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Actually the page on the OASF website linked to above suggests that OASF think his role was of fans representative on the board and they were asking him about that role! That’s why I brought it up.

One worrying thing reported there is that he Richard is working on the clubs PR strategy.  That would suggest a conflict of interest if he still has any thoughts of being a fan. It looks like Richard may have done a BO and will be working for the club pulling the wool over fans eyes

I think he's a fan representative rather than a fans representative (regardless of the missing apostrophe)

On 10/2/2021 at 1:00 PM, Pidge said:

He's not OASF's representative. Bowden was appointed by AL.

On 10/1/2021 at 11:55 PM, Ritchierich said:

I read it twice...still none the wiser

I could have told them Adam Moralee is a twat and Lamsagam won’t sell for a sensible price

What I found interesting, was Moralee stating that AL didn't want to put the club up for sale because it would lower the price . I take from that, that AL is indeed trying to sell. I just hope whoever buys the club has at least £20m to throw away.

Unfortunately I only managed to win £8.20 on the Euro lottery.

13 minutes ago, al_bro said:

What I found interesting, was Moralee stating that AL didn't want to put the club up for sale because it would lower the price . I take from that, that AL is indeed trying to sell. I just hope whoever buys the club has at least £20m to throw away.

he was appointed as a “fan representative” as others have said “fan” and “fans” are different 

it’s here in black and white 

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2019/june/12062019-new-board-appointment/

still a waste of oxygen 

2 hours ago, al_bro said:

Not sure that follows at all. You are suggesting off market sales attract a better price than open market sales. There is no basis to suggest that is the case. 

13 hours ago, Andy b said:

Not sure that follows at all. You are suggesting off market sales attract a better price than open market sales. There is no basis to suggest that is the case. 

I'm not sure that is @al_bro's suggestion, rather that he thinks that may be AL's thinking, which is a fair suggestion. 

Let's face it, if AL is not trying to sell (and Moralee confirmed he was "open to offers") then he is even more stupid than we think he is.

21 hours ago, Andy b said:

As Worcester says. I wasn't suggesting he would get a better offer off market. It's what Moralee says AL thinks.

Archived