Next 3 games...

18th Dec- Crawley (A) currently 16th 

Boxing Day- Scunthorpe (H) currently 24th 

29th December- Barrow(A) currently 19th 

Given the up turn in performances under Selim surely if there was ever chance to put some points in the bank its now.

Is it unrealistic to think 5 points is an achievable target ?

Not really, but you know Latics, never take the expected route.😆 We have to be beating the teams around us and 5 points would be the absolute minimum for me, however, if we lose them all it would make it extremely difficult to stay up!

Today 

Barrow 2v 0 Swindon 

Orient 1 v 2 Crawley 

Hartlepool 0 v 0 Scunny 

No easy games here

If we dont get 5 or 6 points we will be adrift at the bottom 

Fingers crossed our 5 goals today werent a freak 

Boxing Day time to pack the park,I’ve seen enough under Selim he wants us to play on the front foot and be aggressive.He plays a back 4 and a fluid midfield,hes a better bet than 352 Curle.It’s imperative we stay in the league,we desperately need a big center forward to get on the end of Adam’s crosses.

6 hours ago, League one forever said:

How anyone can still go and block out the overwhelming sense of sadness/frustration/apathy whilst still retaining some sentence of hope with these owners is beyond me- your loyalty must be unbreakable.

Why did I go yesterday?

I went to support my team pure and simple. My loyalty has been tested more this season than in all the fifty-six previous ones since I saw my first game.

Did I support the ‘Empty the Park’ initiative? No

Did my attendance hit the owners in the pocket? Absolutely 

I rationalised it thus:

As a season ticket holder they already have my money but by attending the game the club has to pay turnstile operators and match day stewards - hitting them in pocket see?

Also I am claiming an assist for the first goal as I can clearly be heard exhorting DKD to “Shoot!”… 👍

39 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Why did I go yesterday?

I went to support my team pure and simple. My loyalty has been tested more this season than in all the fifty-six previous ones since I saw my first game.

I rationalised it thus:

As a season ticket holder they already have my money but by attending the game the club has to pay turnstile operators and match day stewards - hitting them in pocket see?

Also I am claiming an assist for the first goal as I can clearly be heard exhorting DKD to “Shoot!”… 👍

I shouted pass it wide.🤒

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Why did I go yesterday?

I rationalised it thus:

Genuine question Bigdog 

You seem a sensible fella 

with 11 games played at BP this season with only 2 wins and 2 draws, if you hadnt bought a season ticket would you still be going to every Home game 

41 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Genuine question Bigdog 

You seem a sensible fella 

with 11 games played at BP this season with only 2 wins and 2 draws, if you hadnt bought a season ticket would you still be going to every Home game 

Given where I live, I tend to get to about half the home games in a season. 
I have family still in the area (season ticket holder too) so it’s good to visit - also I pop up to Greenacres Cemetery to say hi to the parents 😃

if I hadn’t had a season ticket for the past thirty two years I reckon I would still go as often. 👍

24 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Given where I live, I tend to get to about half the home games in a season. 
I have family still in the area (season ticket holder too) so it’s good to visit - also I pop up to Greenacres Cemetery to say hi to the parents 😃

if I hadn’t had a season ticket for the past thirty two years I reckon I would still go as often. 👍

Fair play

Appreciate you getting back 

4 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Why did I go yesterday?

I rationalised it thus:

Was it you when Stobbs scored too?

Archived