Hart Gone

57 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

He's young enough to play at an higher level, we've had plenty of full backs our fans never rated who've gone on to have successful careers further up the pyramid, Jonathan Grounds being a prime example.

I don't think he's a bad player. I just think he's a bottle job, coward and s**thouse and was part of a squad responsible for Oldham dropping out of the football league. Therefore, good riddance...

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I don't think he's a bad player. I just think he's a bottle job, coward and s**thouse and was part of a squad responsible for Oldham dropping out of the football league. Therefore, good riddance...

It really wasn't the squad that were responsible though - it was the circumstances which led to that squad being formed

3 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

It really wasn't the squad that were responsible though - it was the circumstances which led to that squad being formed

The squad were on the pitch and it was the squad that put in pathetic showings for the majority of the matches...

2 minutes ago, redlion said:

And just couldn't be arsed.

And an astronomical amount of stupid individual errors.

No fight.

No guts.

(in the main)

all of which are prime qualities needed in a good enough professional footballer

27 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Good enough or not they could have shown some fight. It was sadly lacking...

Sorry, that bollocks. 

So a squad with no recognised striker and probably 2/3 or semi decent players is brushed over or irrelevant because they didn’t show enough fight. You’ll be telling us they were ‘outmuscled’ next. . 🤦🏻‍♂️

9 times out 10 a squad finishes equal to its budget. Our’s was one of, if not the lowest in the league. That minimal budget was then badly mismanaged by the usual suspects- leaving us scraping the barrel. 

We got relegated because we were shit, bad players lose to better players most of the time. 

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Sorry, that bollocks. 

So a squad with no recognised striker and probably 2/3 or semi decent players is brushed over or irrelevant because they didn’t show enough fight. You’ll be telling us they were ‘outmuscled’ next. . 🤦🏻‍♂️

9 times out 10 a squad finishes equal to its budget. Our’s was one of, if not the lowest in the league. That minimal budget was then badly mismanaged by the usual suspects- leaving us scraping the barrel. 

We got relegated because we were shit, bad players lose to better players most of the time. 

So the protest did the job then?.

1 hour ago, redlion said:

And just couldn't be arsed.

And an astronomical amount of stupid individual errors.

No fight.

No guts.

(in the main)

How do you measure that? 

How many spankings did we take? (Apart from under Selim- where I think they did give up to an extent, but I’ll excuse them when the person in charge literally doesn’t know what he’s doing) 

Under Curle and Shez most were tight games, where we had chances but couldn’t score- why? Because we had no striker. Generally the oppo did, and we lost narrowly. In the main I thought they competed well, but lost because we were largely just not good enough. It’s not the players fault we got relegated. 

17 minutes ago, League one forever said:

How do you measure that? 

How many spankings did we take? (Apart from under Selim- where I think they did give up to an extent, but I’ll excuse them when the person in charge literally doesn’t know what he’s doing) 

Under Curle and Shez most were tight games, where we had chances but couldn’t score- why? Because we had no striker. Generally the oppo did, and we lost narrowly. In the main I thought they competed well, but lost because we were largely just not good enough. It’s not the players fault we got relegated. 

Well even Shez said we kept giving away goals to stupid individual errors. I saw them, didn't you ?

Didn't you ever see us win a throw in the opponents half, stupidly give away possession and then watch the opposition counter attack and score ?

Did you ever see our midfield give a blood and guts performance or a crunching tackle ? No, I didn't either.

Of course it was the teams fault we got relegated. They're the ones out on the pitch. Not the managers, not the owners, not the tea ladies, not the groundstaff. 

6 minutes ago, redlion said:

Well even Shez said we kept giving away goals to stupid individual errors. I saw them, didn't you ?

Didn't you ever see us win a throw in the opponents half, stupidly give away possession and then watch the opposition counter attack and score ?

Did you ever see our midfield give a blood and guts performance or a crunching tackle ? No, I didn't either.

Of course it was the teams fault we got relegated. They're the ones out on the pitch. Not the managers, not the owners, not the tea ladies, not the groundstaff. 

Come on Red. 😂

You’re arguing your own point.

You said no guts initially- now you’re quoting Shez who said ‘individual errors cost us’ - correct. And why do players make individual errors- because they’re not good enough. Shez also said, multiple times- ‘I can’t fault the effort but silly mistakes are costing us’ which is a nice of way saying. They’re trying but they’re shit. 

Onto your point about it being solely the players fault. Ok, so you must think that squad was good enough to stay up then?? 

Fine. 

So how many teams do well without a single recognised striker?  (I can only think of City last season, but they have class all over the pitch) 

We had one midfielder who could score- DKD 

How many ‘quality’ players did we have? 

One- DKD, who has left for a team two divisions higher. And two semi decent players in Hart and Pidge who have a left for teams one division higher. 

So in summary- you expect a team with the lowest amount spent on it. With no recognised striker, one midfielder who can score and 2 other semi decent players-  to stay up. 

If so- we disagree. 

I think it’s a lack of money, a lack of quality, a lack of leadership, and a toxic boardroom. 

50 minutes ago, League one forever said:

46 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

So the protest did the job then?.

49 minutes ago, League one forever said:

What do you mean? 

It’s the fans fault. . . ? 

32 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Straight out of Shitpeas text book. 

You can either have it one way or the other, I'm presuming the aim of the boycott is to starve the club of money?. Fans are still going to support the team but don't want to pay a penny to do so which is perfectly fine but on that basis by your own admission there is only going to be one outcome, nothing to do with whether my views aligned with shitpeas the boycott is going to increase the chances of us being relegated again and again.

You do realise that with Abdallah and Mohammed completely out of the picture and a complete overhaul of recruitment we would have a much better chance of regaining our League status if the fans decided to back Shez again like they did several months ago, any funds are likely to go towards recruitment and bringing in the players that Shez wants and not mismanaged like they have been previously but this point seems to be lost on a lot of our fans, isn't that what the fan wanted? 

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

You can either have it one way or the other, I'm presuming the aim of the boycott is to starve the club of money?. Fans are still going to support the team but don't want to pay a penny to do so which is perfectly fine but on that basis by your own admission there is only going to be one outcome, nothing to do with whether my views aligned with shitpeas the boycott is going to increase the chances of us being relegated again and again.

I make him right...

6 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

You do realise that with Abdallah and Mohammed completely out of the picture and a complete overhaul of recruitment we would have a much better chance of regaining our League status if the fans decided to back Shez again like they did several months ago, any funds are likely to go towards recruitment and bringing in the players that Shez wants and not mismanaged like they have been previously but this point seems to be lost on a lot of our fans, isn't that what the fan wanted? 

Meanwhile. .

ALMOBO aren’t out of the picture at all, and we have no hope until they do. None. (Hence our bet 😁

You are correct- if we stay away, there is a very good a chance it will just keep getting worse. Which is no bad thing to me, because it just keeps costing AL more- and I want him gone so the rebirth can start.

I want us to bottom out, not cling to false hope. 

And thats the difference between me and you- you still care and believe in what happens on the pitch. I don’t- while they are here. The football is now fairly irrelevant to me, because of what the owners have done. I’m far more interested in the future of the club- (things like the legends match) 

22 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

All about saving face for certain factions now, if this doesn't work then there's nowhere else to go with it.

40 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

They might be out of the country but they aren't out of the picture 

Archived