Hart Gone

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

You reckon he'd have paid the loan off if a few more people had turned up? 

I'm presuming he's plugging the shortfall and appears to be backing Shez despite having minimal income or is the club with no incomes streams suddenly self sufficient? He's paying the bills as far as I am aware.

I don't think you can ever "blame" a player for not being good enough for the level he finds himself playing at.

You can though blame the people who recruited him and placed him in that position. I make that the Director of Football. Remind me who that is again, and then remind me who allows him to remain in a job?

I suppose blaming the players makes a nice change from blaming PTB, or Matt Dean, or the people who own the North Stand.

I don't really understand why some people can't see that this has been a chronic, and prolonged failure in management. Even in the January transfer window, when the crisis was staring the club in the face, the response of the owner and his brother was pitiful. If an outsider like me can see it, why can't some of you?

15 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Eh? 

I think if more fans did attend - the extra income wouldn’t be spent on players. 

15 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Eh? 

I think if more fans did attend - the extra income wouldn’t be spent on players. 

I suppose neither of us will know that and we are unlikely to find out given both sides are firmly entrenched...... well that's until one or two within the protest groups change their mind and tell the protesters to attend again by which time another seasons gone and we've sunk even further.

2 minutes ago, basilrobbie said:

I don't think you can ever "blame" a player for not being good enough for the level he finds himself playing at.

You can though blame the people who recruited him and placed him in that position. I make that the Director of Football. Remind me who that is again, and then remind me who allows him to remain in a job?

I suppose blaming the players makes a nice change from blaming PTB, or Matt Dean, or the people who own the North Stand.

I don't really understand why some people can't see that this has been a chronic, and prolonged failure in management. Even in the January transfer window, when the crisis was staring the club in the eyes, the response of the owner and his brother was pitiful. If an outsider like me can see it, why can't some of you?

Oh I can, but I can make my own mind up about how I want to go about it, thanks for the concern though.

I'd rather have a club than try to force it out of business which I think some of our 'supporters' are actually hell bent on doing, risky game to play in my opinion.

16 minutes ago, basilrobbie said:

I don't really understand why some people can't see that this has been a chronic, and prolonged failure in management. Even in the January transfer window, when the crisis was staring the club in the eyes, the response of the owner and his brother was pitiful. If an outsider like me can see it, why can't some of you?

What are you going on about? Everyone knows the owner is to blame but what yarddog73 and I are saying is that the players should also be held to account. As should all 3 managers for some absolutely dreadful displays and results but it seems the only manager the majority of the Oldham fans want to go for is Benachour. Now, I'm not saying some fans are xenophobic, but...

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

I suppose neither of us will know that and we are unlikely to find out given both sides are firmly entrenched...... well that's until one or two within the protest groups change their mind and tell the protesters to attend again by which team another seasons gone and we've sunk even further.

Quite. 

But I refuse to imply blame on any fan for our demise. It’s not incumbent on any fan to show blind loyalty, when the club is run into the ground. Your take seem to be- well if you don’t come back we’ll keep sliding. I agree. But maybe a lot don’t care about the football while these owners are here. Maybe they want the club back, more than watching the football? Who knows. You can separate the team from the owners, a lot can’t. 

I also think the protest groups are moot to the attendance anyway. They have an audience and momentum because we’re shit. If by some miracle, we do well next year a lot will go back of their accord- they won’t wait for the green light from a protest group. 

21 minutes ago, basilrobbie said:

100%

A few have this wonderful ability to shift blame from where it actually lies. 

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Wow. 

I genuinely didn’t expect that Sinnot. 

That’s an incredibly misinformed accusation to make about people you don’t know. 

I've not accused anyone of anything. I just find it strange that there was a lot more anger at a man who masterminded a 5-5 win and a victory over Sunderland's Under 16's than there was towards a man who lost 10 in 12 and another man dug the fans out on local radio for not backing the side...

13 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I'd rather have a club than try to force it out of business which I think some of our 'supporters' are actually hell bent on doing, risky game to play in my opinion.

I’m one these ‘supporters’, I don’t want the club out of business. I think you’ve made that up. I would like our owners to sell, and I’m not willing to pay them anymore more money until they do. If they don’t sell, the current badge may die. The club won’t. 

5 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I've not accused anyone of anything. I just find it strange that there was a lot more anger at a man who masterminded a 5-5 win and a victory over Sunderland's Under 16's than there was towards a man who lost 10 in 12 and another man dug the fans out on local radio for not backing the side...

I find it strange that you can’t differentiate between two managers with a proven track record, and someone with no prior experience being thrown in and being completely out of his depth.  His country of origin has nothing to do it. 

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I find it strange that you can’t differentiate between two managers with a proven track record, and someone with no prior experience being thrown in and being completely out of his depth.  His country of origin has nothing to do it. 

Track record or not, they were all crap apart from 5 games during Sheridan's tenure...

18 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Well the results didn't change a lot did they? In fact your choice of words above makes Sheridan's results seem even worse.

6 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I just think he's a bottle job, coward and s**thouse

This is the bit where I feel like I was watching a different player.

He was sticking tackles in and chasing things down when the likes of Whelan and Keillor-Dunn were avoiding any physical contact whatsoever and Hope was trying to crawl in the back pocket of his marker.

It also helps that he's been the best in an awful run of left-backs - Barnett, Badan and (worst of all) Iacovitti were far, far worse.

4 hours ago, League one forever said:

Come on Red. 😂

You’re arguing your own point.

You said no guts initially- now you’re quoting Shez who said ‘individual errors cost us’ - correct. And why do players make individual errors- because they’re not good enough. Shez also said, multiple times- ‘I can’t fault the effort but silly mistakes are costing us’ which is a nice of way saying. They’re trying but they’re shit. 

Onto your point about it being solely the players fault. Ok, so you must think that squad was good enough to stay up then?? 

Fine. 

So how many teams do well without a single recognised striker?  (I can only think of City last season, but they have class all over the pitch) 

We had one midfielder who could score- DKD 

How many ‘quality’ players did we have? 

One- DKD, who has left for a team two divisions higher. And two semi decent players in Hart and Pidge who have a left for teams one division higher. 

So in summary- you expect a team with the lowest amount spent on it. With no recognised striker, one midfielder who can score and 2 other semi decent players-  to stay up. 

If so- we disagree. 

I think it’s a lack of money, a lack of quality, a lack of leadership, and a toxic boardroom. 

You make a lot of assumptions about what I think.  Don't give up your day job because you'll never make it as a mind reader.

2 hours ago, basilrobbie said:

I don't really understand why some people can't see that this has been a chronic, and prolonged failure in management. Even in the January transfer window, when the crisis was staring the club in the face, the response of the owner and his brother was pitiful. If an outsider like me can see it, why can't some of you?

You're right, but you can blame players for not giving 100%, and those final vital few games their heads dropped and they faded away, flaked. FGR away was a disgrace, as was Northampton away. When they should've come out fighting, most of them (kids exempted) proved to be spineless. Not being good enough is obviously tied to the bigger issues, but at least go down fighting. They didn't.

1 minute ago, redlion said:

You make a lot of assumptions about what I think.  Don't give up your day job because you'll never make it as a mind reader.

😂😂

I’m picking you on the things you type, then immediately contradict. I’ve then asked for clarification on your opinion of our relegation, because I disagree with you

It’s debate. On a forum. 

You reply with a made up cheap shot. Nice.   I thought you hated condescending posts, or when people are dismissive of an alternative view. 

Maybe perception is projection? Or are you contradicting yourself again?

Who knows. 

8 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

You're right, but you can blame players for not giving 100%, and those final vital few games their heads dropped and they faded away, flaked. FGR away was a disgrace, as was Northampton away. When they should've come out fighting, most of them (kids exempted) proved to be spineless. Not being good enough is obviously tied to the bigger issues, but at least go down fighting. They didn't.

Yeah that’s fair. 

They had given up right at the end,  when mathematically we could have still of stayed up. Professional pride and all that. But the season isn’t 6 games in April, and like you say it’s tied to the bigger picture. 

12 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I'm presuming he's plugging the shortfall and appears to be backing Shez despite having minimal income or is the club with no incomes streams suddenly self sufficient? He's paying the bills as far as I am aware.

Shahed openly said on the podcast he hasn't put any money into the football club for 2 years. The clubs accounts show a profit from last year and a reduction on directors loans owed.

10 hours ago, League one forever said:

😂😂

I’m picking you on the things you type, then immediately contradict. I’ve then asked for clarification on your opinion of our relegation, because I disagree with you

It’s debate. On a forum. 

You reply with a made up cheap shot. Nice.   I thought you hated condescending posts, or when people are dismissive of an alternative view. 

Maybe perception is projection? Or are you contradicting yourself again?

Who knows. 

I'm perfectly happy that we don't agree, as you say, it's a forum. But I'm not sufficiently interested to nitpick with you.

For me, this has got to the nitpick stage. I hope you'll understand.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Shahed openly said on the podcast he hasn't put any money into the football club for 2 years. The clubs accounts show a profit from last year and a reduction on directors loans owed.

Wheres the money for wages coming from then?

Archived