Hart Gone

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Shahed openly said on the podcast he hasn't put any money into the football club for 2 years. The clubs accounts show a profit from last year and a reduction on directors loans owed.

6 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Wheres the money for wages coming from then?

Exactly. Don’t believe everything you hear on a podcast could be the message 🤔

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Exactly. Don’t believe everything you hear on a podcast could be the message 🤔

It's in black and white below. Goto the line shareholder funds line which is the money Abdallah has put into the club that we owe him. The debt figure we owe him has actually reduced.

Balance sheet

15 hours ago, League one forever said:

Eh? 

I think if more fans did attend - the extra income wouldn’t be spent on players. 

I agree. There must have been a substantial 6 figure sum of additional income that came in after Shez's appointment. Doesn't appear that any of that was spent on improving the squad to fight relegation. As was promised.

I'll edit this to say that of course we were under embargo, but the money could have been used to address that.

I think a huge chunk of the squad bottled it when it came to crunch time. Slap bang in the middle of a relegation battle and we hardly picked up yellow or red cards. Desperate times usually result in players getting stuck in more than usual in an attempt to save the club. Sadly most of last year's lot seemed happy enough to just watch us sink. 

35 minutes ago, drphibes rises again said:

I think a huge chunk of the squad bottled it when it came to crunch time. Slap bang in the middle of a relegation battle and we hardly picked up yellow or red cards. Desperate times usually result in players getting stuck in more than usual in an attempt to save the club. Sadly most of last year's lot seemed happy enough to just watch us sink. 

After winning at Stevenage, we then took one point from the final eighteen available…and fell six points adrift of Barrow.

You could argue that the one red card, Piergianni against Northampton, was pivotal…

I don’t understand how anyone can look at last seasons squad and think anything other than a bottom two finish was highly likely from the start. 

We had no striker.

One midfielder who could score. 

Only two or three other semi decent players. 

It was a non league squad. 

2 hours ago, nzlatic said:

I agree. There must have been a substantial 6 figure sum of additional income that came in after Shez's appointment. Doesn't appear that any of that was spent on improving the squad to fight relegation. As was promised.

I'll edit this to say that of course we were under embargo, but the money could have been used to address that.

The first game of Sheridan's reign was 29th January. There's no way the club had a 6 figure sum of income before the transfer deadline two days later. That left us with free agents to sign and the free agents were free agents for a reason...

23 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

The first game of Sheridan's reign was 29th January. There's no way the club had a 6 figure sum of income before the transfer deadline two days later. That left us with free agents to sign and the free agents were free agents for a reason...

True. 

But AL turned down the Vaughan money (shahed confirmed on the pod)  which of would cleared the the EFL loan, and given us more movement.

He chose not to. 

31 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I'd hazard a guess there were still free agents out there that could have improved the squad. Besides, we had 8000 at that game and I would guess a fair few half season tickets sold by that point. It was enough info to be able to forecast that spending money on improving the squad wouldn't really be a gamble as it would be covered by excess sales in the remaining games. Seeing as he promised he would do it like.

5 minutes ago, League one forever said:

True. 

But AL turned down the Vaughan money (shahed confirmed on the pod)  which of would cleared the the EFL loan, and given us more movement.

He chose not to. 

Plus, this. It was a choice.

5 minutes ago, League one forever said:

True. 

He chose not to. 

Naive move in hindsight. He'd have got absolute pelters for cashing in on Vaughan so soon for 200k...

13 minutes ago, League one forever said:

True. 

He chose not to. 

Didn't he say it wouldn't have cleared the loan and they thought there'd be the chance to generate a bigger fee down the line?

18 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I'd hazard a guess there were still free agents out there that could have improved the squad. Besides, we had 8000 at that game and I would guess a fair few half season tickets sold by that point. It was enough info to be able to forecast that spending money on improving the squad wouldn't really be a gamble as it would be covered by excess sales in the remaining games. Seeing as he promised he would do it like.

Not sure they'll ever do forecasting again based on potential attendances given what happened in March 2020.

Out of curiosity, which free agents from January 2022 onwards would have improved us...?

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Well we do take money in ticket sales sponsorship the efls solidarity payments.

Will that cover the wage bill though for the season. if so why are payments late at some clubs?

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Out of curiosity, which free agents from January 2022 onwards would have improved us...?

My knowledge isn't great enough to know off the top of my head and my interest in arguing my point isn't strong enough to spend time looking it up.

I disagree he'd have got pelters for selling Vaughan. If he'd sold him, cleared the debt and made some signings then I'm fairly sure he would have had the backing of the majority of fans.

Or maybe I'm wrong completely and the club did all it could to avoid relegation. 

10 hours ago, League one forever said:

True. 

He chose not to. 

10 hours ago, nzlatic said:

Plus, this. It was a choice.

Not in any way correct regarding what was said. Although the questions back to Shahed showed its not just you two who weren't listening. 

What would have been the point selling Vaughan as there wasn't enough money to clear the loan from what Shahed said? You'd have got some income but couldn't have improved the squad just with that. You'd have been a player less and not able to bring more in. Zero point selling unless you're finding the remainder to clear the loan then more on top for dquad improvements.

Whether AL should have got cash from elsewhere to clear it is a different matter

9 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Not in any way correct regarding what was said. Although the questions back to Shahed showed its not just you two who weren't listening. 

What would have been the point selling Vaughan as there wasn't enough money to clear the loan from what Shahed said? You'd have got some income but couldn't have improved the squad just with that. You'd have been a player less and not able to bring more in. Zero point selling unless you're finding the remainder to clear the loan then more on top for dquad improvements.

Whether AL should have got cash from elsewhere to clear it is a different matter

Who gives a fuck anymore. . ? 

Oh.

You. 😂😂😂

Archived