Hart Gone

To Sutton or Northampton.  So that's two from the 'retained' (ha!) list and we've signed three.  Anyone who thinks we are building a squad to challenge at the top is deluded.  Hart is no great loss in my view (I know others saw more in him that I did) but he was still probably one of the better performers last season, which redefines damning with faint praise.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Not quite the Richard Jobson standards you compared him to after his debut? Good riddance to another failure who got us relegated...

He didn't get us relegated alone, that's absurd.

You should note he's going higher than us and my bet is he will star under a better regime.

2 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Caught in possession far too often trying to run the ball out, started season pretty well but form dropped off towards end of term. 

Tried hard but not as good as some on here thought imo however...............sadly was one of our better players.

Well we still have Couto! Even though he doesn't look like a left back to me. Started as a left-side attacker and may be less of a liability there. 

Recruitment so far consists of the untried squad player Windass, decent NL centre back Hogan (replaced at County by a v.good L2 player) and an ageing CF, Porter.

Stellar signings they are not.

Beginning to be very concerned.

7 minutes ago, Boyyou said:

Well we still have Couto! Even though he doesn't look like a left back to me. Started as a left-side attacker and may be less of a liability there. 

Recruitment so far consists of the untried squad player Windass, decent NL centre back Hogan (replaced at County by a v.good L2 player) and an ageing CF, Porter.

It's June and there's no transfer window.

6 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Going for his third relegation in a row. Good riddance...

😂😂

Nicely put- but made up. 

He’s been relegated then offered league football, then relegated again and offered league football - again. 

I think that tells you professionals in the game can see past the team an individual plays in and look at his quality. 

Im not saying he was class, but he was one of very, very few that given the option I would’ve kept on. 

18 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Going for his third relegation in a row. Good riddance...

Put him in a well organised and solid League Two outfit like Sutton or Northampton next season and I don't think he'll look out of place at that level.

I'm not bothered about losing him, but that's not to do with him personally.  More that I doubt any player will thrive with us next season with the club as it is.

58 minutes ago, Boyyou said:

I was “very concerned” about 4 years ago when I heard a football agent wanted to take us over. I’m well passed that stage now and well into depression/acceptance!

Hart stays, Hart goes - who gives a shit? He was part of the side that took us out of the football league, but would also be certifiable for staying.

Can you imagine if we win a promotion  at some point and how vindicated Barry and the clowns would feel?

Relegation was a disaster, but promotion back could make these idiots think they know what they’re doing.

This Is A Low…

43 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I was “very concerned” about 4 years ago when I heard a football agent wanted to take us over. I’m well passed that stage now and well into depression/acceptance!

Hart stays, Hart goes - who gives a shit? He was part of the side that took us out of the football league, but would also be certifiable for staying.

Can you imagine if we win a promotion  at some point and how vindicated Barry and the clowns would feel?

Relegation was a disaster, but promotion back could make these idiots think they know what they’re doing.

This Is A Low…

I fear it's the only way we'll get one.

1 hour ago, Boyyou said:

I admire your sang froid

2 hours ago, Boyyou said:

Couto is going to someone in League One. Can't remember if it was Cambridge...

Archived