BPAS PODCAST SEASON 3: 11th Jul '22 Episode 84: Barry Gowen

They say as one door closes, another one opens. In the case of Barry Owen, lets hope that all the doors remain very firmly shut.

You can now support the pod by paying a monthly subscription of just £2.99 via this link https://anchor.fm/bp-alert/subscribe. All the regular episodes will remain free to everyone.

You can also support us by visiting https://www.oafcpodcast.co.uk, subscribing to our mailing list and purchasing from our online shop.

Follow the show on Twitter, Instagram & Facebook @oafcpodcast.

Download and listen to the podcast via the FanHub app, where content creators and fans alike are rewarded for getting involved #ctg.

You can find out more about Push The Boundary by visiting them at www.pushtheboundary.co.uk and following on Twitter @PTB_OAFC. Find out more about OASF at www.oldhamathleticsupportersfoundation.com where you can also donate to the 1895 Fund.

Title music is by Manchester DJ and producer Starion find out more at www.redlaserrecords.bandcamp.com

Interesting episode. It's quite novel to hear you all talking about football.

I'm in the Matt Dean camp on that. The Division you are now in is really tough and plenty of good commentators reckon the top half of it would all be quite comfortable in L2. So you probably need a substantial investment in squad quality and depth to see you through and that still looks like work in the very early stages of progress to me.

I think the fixture list has been quite kind in that August is about as friendly as it could be. It looks a lot tougher after that.

7 minutes ago, basilrobbie said:

Interesting episode. It's quite novel to hear you all talking about football.

I'm in the Matt Dean camp on that. The Division you are now in is really tough and plenty of good commentators reckon the top half of it would all be quite comfortable in L2. So you probably need a substantial investment in squad quality and depth to see you through and that still looks like work in the very early stages of progress to me.

I think the fixture list has been quite kind in that August is about as friendly as it could be. It looks a lot tougher after that.

Not sure it's that friendly.  Dorking are obviously a club very much on the up and 4 of the other 5 are ex league clubs.  Southend were going well in the second half of last season and I imagine are hopeful.    I was at a wedding on Saturday and sat next to their left back, Nathan Ralph, at the reception; really nice bloke, old schoolfriend of the groom.  What really struck me was that he'd been their for four seasons - that's a rare thing at this level these days

23 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Not sure it's that friendly.  Dorking are obviously a club very much on the up and 4 of the other 5 are ex league clubs.  Southend were going well in the second half of last season and I imagine are hopeful.    I was at a wedding on Saturday and sat next to their left back, Nathan Ralph, at the reception; really nice bloke, old schoolfriend of the groom.  What really struck me was that he'd been their for four seasons - that's a rare thing at this level these days

These things are all relative Dave, aren't they? I looked at it and saw two promoted clubs and a couple that struggled last year. 

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Barry Owen rings people up at I appropriate times. Someone must have fucked him up big time when he was growing up for him to turn out the way he is.

David Dunn said on the Under the Cosh podcast he would ring him at half ten every night

If one of my directors did that, at the very least I'd speak to HR, at the other end of the spectrum he'd be told to fuck off 

17 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

David Dunn said on the Under the Cosh podcast he would ring him at half ten every night

If one of my directors did that, at the very least I'd speak to HR, at the other end of the spectrum he'd be told to fuck off 

Hes from a different era one where bullying was acceptable their is a reason why Greater Manchester had such an appealing crime problem with such people on the force back in those days.

22 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Hes from a different era one where bullying was acceptable their is a reason why Greater Manchester had such an appealing crime problem with such people on the force back in those days.

Times have changed, I’ve certainly never found crime appealing. 

• Matt featured this topic
  • Matt unfeatured this topic

Archived