Southend Away

Anyone going? 

it does seem strange that once again there is nothing regarding tickets or travel on this….fair enough, the focus was on season tickets and sales for the Dorking game but hopefully the ticketing and commercial team will start to get things moving properly on regular games and especially away matches to keep up the buzz and momentum we now have

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been a few times there so will probably  go again.

Nice chippy nearby and pint in the Blue Boar close by.Had separated  rooms for home and away fans on last visit.Another one of many long away trips but better than a Tuesday trip to Woking I suppose!!

23 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

Anyone going? 

it does seem strange that once again there is nothing regarding tickets or travel on this….fair enough, the focus was on season tickets and sales for the Dorking game but hopefully the ticketing and commercial team will start to get things moving properly on regular games and especially away matches to keep up the buzz and momentum we now have

Yes 😀👍

I do think this is a massive area for us to improve on…get Billy back from his exile at ManU and get the ticketing and fan engagement side moving again…and/or get the OASF and other Fan groups involved in this

It beggars belief that less than 5 days before a long trip to the South we have no way to buy a ticket, no away travel offered (there is a rail strike!) …it’s as if there is no game happening

18 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

I do think this is a massive area for us to improve on…get Billy back from his exile at ManU and get the ticketing and fan engagement side moving again…and/or get the OASF and other Fan groups involved in this

It beggars belief that less than 5 days before a long trip to the South we have no way to buy a ticket, no away travel offered (there is a rail strike!) …it’s as if there is no game happening

Not sure it's our fault - nothing on the Southend site re our tickets

40 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Billy has been promoted to Nottingham Forest mate, he is a Latics season ticket holder though he might not get to all games. 

Ticket office staff have done a decent job over last couple of weeks after being inundated with season ticket sales

Away travel offered today (on OAFC website), no issue re: match tickets as POTD (although £2 dearer than advance)

With club being left pretty much a shell of a professional club prior to takeover, virtually everything needs improving.    

10 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

Billy has been promoted to Nottingham Forest mate, he is a Latics season ticket holder though he might not get to all games. 

Ticket office staff have done a decent job over last couple of weeks after being inundated with season ticket sales

Away travel offered today (on OAFC website), no issue re: match tickets as POTD (although £2 dearer than advance)

With club being left pretty much a shell of a professional club prior to takeover, virtually everything needs improving.    

ha, either forgot or missed Billy’ promotion 🤣 good for him

My comments aren’t really a moan, more of a constructive observation!

Mind you, it is a bit irritating that us Southern exiles are forced to pay £20 (and cash only) as there is no way to buy in advance whereas Southend fans and Oldham based Latics fans will only pay £18….that’s a bit tinpot for 2022 and as much Southend fault as ours

1 minute ago, Ritchierich said:

Mind you, it is a bit irritating that us Southern exiles are forced to pay £20 (and cash only) as there is no way to buy in advance whereas Southend fans and Oldham based Latics fans will only pay £18….that’s a bit tinpot for 2022 and as much Southend fault as ours

I don't bother buying tickets prior to away games Ritchie unless absolutely necessary. Don't really get why advance tickets are less expensive than POTD but I suppose there are more important things to worry about in life. 

Not having a go mate, just giving you update on Southend details and trying to credit ticket office staff who have done pretty well I reckon in an unprecedented rush for season tickets       

2 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

I don't bother buying tickets prior to away games Ritchie unless absolutely necessary. Don't really get why advance tickets are less expensive than POTD but I suppose there are more important things to worry about in life. 

Not having a go mate, just giving you update on Southend details and trying to credit ticket office staff who have done pretty well I reckon in an unprecedented rush for season tickets       

All good Unsworth, I just l want us to be great at everything 🤣 it’ll come!

Anyway, looking forward to Saturday, hope we take a few despite the rail strike and I just have to remember to get to a cash point before I get there 😁

17 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

I never understood this. 

Just buy in advance online and then you have a choice of an e-ticket or to print out ?

Its really not hard at all for anyone to buy tickets in advance. 

59 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I never understood this. 

Just buy in advance online and then you have a choice of an e-ticket or to print out ?

Its really not hard at all for anyone to buy tickets in advance. 

No e tickets available for this and once postage is added the price is the same as pay on the day

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

No e tickets available for this and once postage is added the price is the same as pay on the day

Furthermore unlike last season there is apparently no option to buy in advance and collect on the day at the ground.

I think that is most likely due to Southend though.

Archived